Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2011, 20:34   #2941
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

thats weird
I saw it in the W8 that I fiddled about with last week!
better to check this one out across 2-3 dealers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msinghal80 View Post
Are you sure? i asked dealer, he said received more than 10 vehicles and it was not available even in one.
Old 10th October 2011, 20:43   #2942
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
It's XUV's raining all around here. Saw a couple of them on the road in Navi Mumbai. Look better in flesh, however I still have the bulk & a higher driving position in my Scorpio.
Same here . Scorpio has the best 2 seats . Same time best body role in its class due to the height .

Well we are still all waiting for the team bhp review on where we need to head . It looks like we will have one of the team bhp member getting the XUV before that and actually reading that review before the official one gets out
Old 10th October 2011, 20:52   #2943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
Same time best body role in its class due to the height .
This actually isnt good. High body roll is something that nobody would want in a vehicle.
Old 10th October 2011, 21:01   #2944

Re: Mahindra XUV Booking Vs Delivery Date...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Power View Post
Pls check the color, I think Moondust Silver is not available in AWD version
oops
XUV Model - W8 FWD(corrected)
Color - Moondust Silver
Dealer - SKS Bangalore
Booking Date - 3rd October
Promised Delivery Date- 14th January 2012
Old 10th October 2011, 21:40   #2945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
This actually isnt good. High body roll is something that nobody would want in a vehicle.
I think what Ranga meant was that Body Roll is least (therefore best) in class. Not sure, but I think the Innova would be hard to beat in terms of lack of body roll.
Old 10th October 2011, 21:46   #2946
BHPian

Just now got a call from the Dealer here in Chennai that all the bookings (all variants) for XUV has been STOPPED. I had gone in the morning to make the inquiry for the vehicle.
Old 10th October 2011, 21:56   #2947
BHPian

The xuv500 website still says that bookings are open for the w6 and w8 fwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Just now got a call from the Dealer here in Chennai that all the bookings (all variants) for XUV has been STOPPED. I had gone in the morning to make the inquiry for the vehicle.
Old 10th October 2011, 22:27   #2948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
The xuv500 website still says that bookings are open for the w6 and w8 fwd
Hoping that its true as i wanted to make a booking on wednesday. But the dealer was positive about the news.
Old 10th October 2011, 22:31   #2949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I got a chance to meet Dr.Pawan Goenka at the SAE conference in Chennai a few days back. I congratulated him on the XUV, saying it looks very impressive.

I mentioned how we were tracking the vehicle on T-BHP and he actually knew about it and said you guys managed to get some good spy pics as well !

I also obviously also made a point on the brilliant pricing and asked him if they are making money on it ! He replied, "Its a Mahindra policy to make money on everything we sell"...
If I am not mistaken, cars like the Mercedes and BMW are also available at around 14-15 lac price point and the honda accords and camrys are available at around 8-10 lac in US and Europe and many other countries. but because of the high duty structure in India they are so costly.

so a completely home made product like the Mahindra XUV is perfectly capable to make money at this price point. but we indians are so used to paying exorbitant prices (read 175-200 % more compared to western countries) for our cars that we find this cheap but in reality its properly priced.
Old 10th October 2011, 22:57   #2950
BHPian

I would love to see Indian Company make some money by giving good cars to my fellow countrymen. I recently bought a Tommy hilfiger in the US for 20$. That around 1000 Rs. The same shirt back home in BLR was 2200. So what, well, the shirt says its made in India. Why, not India is one of the biggest garment exporters in the World. So when Tommy hilfiger sells its a 2200, where is the extra money going? To the parent US company. These is true for all the Indian subsidiaries for Non Indian companies, including the auto majors. If you compare the competition for XUV them you have Safari, T-fort, Yeti, Endeavor (closest may not be same segment) who all sells their cars at a premium.

They put the customers first and definitely better attitude towards customers (have you ever owned a TATA?). but then things are changing. Isn't it time that M&M made good money by providing a good car (more affordable to the masses than competition). I would love to see the money circulate at home :-)
man_and_machine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 00:06   #2951
BHPian

Booking Details -

XUV Model - W8 FWD
Color - Satin White
Dealer - INDIA GARAGE
Booking Date - 30th September
Promised Delivery Date- 4th November
Old 11th October 2011, 00:48   #2952
Senior - BHPian

Just a little OT question but its related to XUV only hence posting here.

What if at the delivery time, i dont want to buy the car, can i then transfer the booking of the car to someone else if i find someone who wants it? Would that involve lot of paper work or it would be easy process?

The reason for asking this here is that as i have already booked XUV w6 and the delivery is on 17/12/11, i still have some issues related to parking. My house is getting constructed and it would be completed most probably by may-june. Till that time i really dont have a place to park as i already struggle with parking with my fiesta and fabia. So it could be possible that i might have to cancel the booking, but on the other hand just thought that it would be better idea to give the booking to someone else so that person would not have to wait and infact will receive the car instantly (hah such a noval idea nah)
Old 11th October 2011, 01:14   #2953
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
but on the other hand just thought that it would be better idea to give the booking to someone else so that person would not have to wait and infact will receive the car instantly (hah such a noval idea nah)
I would say, keep the booking even if the car is allocated to you and pass it on to next guy in queue. Once your parking is ready, take delivery of the next car that comes your way.

Again looking at the response, this is going to be another Fortuner story I guess. Once canceled, you might have some real difficulty in getting another one, especially if the booking is closed and all. Just let the SA know early enough that you need the car only by May / June.
Old 11th October 2011, 06:30   #2954
BHPian

Hi,

Not to sound redundant but can a mod post as to when the review should be approximately up ?

I hate to have to spring out of bed middle of night just to keep clickign the refresh page every other night .
Old 11th October 2011, 07:43   #2955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I would say, keep the booking even if the car is allocated to you and pass it on to next guy in queue. Once your parking is ready, take delivery of the next car that comes your way.

Again looking at the response, this is going to be another Fortuner story I guess. Once canceled, you might have some real difficulty in getting another one, especially if the booking is closed and all. Just let the SA know early enough that you need the car only by May / June.
Couple of thoughts:

1. Good time for the Safari Merlin to Launch to take away some share on account of the long waiting time for XUV. With Tata of course you never know.

2. Whats the wish list of Bhpians for XUV 500? For me low ratio in 4x4-Just to make it a true blue SUV. However I am not sure how robust monocoques are in no-road situations. Experts?

Best,
FBS
Closed Thread

Most Viewed