Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 07:50   #2956
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Just remembered a few aspects:

1. The front fenders are made of fiber. Sales say they are done to reduce weight and easy to bring back to shape by hand pressing. Find it hard to digest. Is it? What if they crack due to impact? There are fiber panels at some other places too where one could expect steel, can't remember exactly now.

2. Sales guy did say that it is possible to integrate the GPS Navigation in the W6 Infotainment system but not exactly sure. Will it be really possible to purchase from MapMyIndia/others and integrate with existing system? It does not seem possible to replace the existing system, there could be way too many integrations in the entire system including the Steering Wheel controls.

3. Sales guy tells that the original alloys on the W8 are much better than the accessories alloys, both being produced by the OEM of Mahindra. Could it be or just a marketing gimmick for W8? W8 with all the additional features is about 1.4L more than the W6.

4. Accessories Foot Rest seems really sturdy but costs a lot, 13k.

5. Accessories prices are quoted differently at different places. Check and enquire while purchasing.

6. Try to get hold of the guys specially trained for XUV500 at mahindra atleast for fully understanding the vehicle at the showroom.

Well Actually a lot of vehicles actually use fiber to reduce weight and for easy repair. A similar case is the X-trail. I had gone to do some paint work on my car in a local body shop when the guy over there was repairing a dent on the fender and was actually laughing at it. He could just bring it back by using a hair dryer!! Could be his ignorance, but i am sure that a company like Nissan would very well know what they are upto.
Old 11th October 2011, 08:49   #2957
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
I think what Ranga meant was that Body Roll is least (therefore best) in class. Not sure, but I think the Innova would be hard to beat in terms of lack of body roll.

I was talking about Scorpio's body roll here . Scorpio due to the height factor has body role . Due to this height , we have the best seats , the good part of it . The bad part is that this give to body role ..

There is no body role what so ever in XUV 500 after the test drive .
Old 11th October 2011, 10:02   #2958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
I was talking about Scorpio's body roll here . Scorpio due to the height factor has body role . Due to this height , we have the best seats , the good part of it . The bad part is that this give to body role ..

There is no body role what so ever in XUV 500 after the test drive .
Hi Ranga,
Sorry for the simple question, but what exactly do we mean by body roll? I have travelled quite a bit in Scorpio, never on the driver's seat, so was just wondering that how is body roll explained in simple daily use language and how does it affect ride quality?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11th October 2011, 10:05   #2959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnair View Post
Well Actually a lot of vehicles actually use fiber to reduce weight and for easy repair. A similar case is the X-trail. I had gone to do some paint work on my car in a local body shop when the guy over there was repairing a dent on the fender and was actually laughing at it. He could just bring it back by using a hair dryer!! Could be his ignorance, but i am sure that a company like Nissan would very well know what they are upto.
Yeah, a few employ the fiber panels for ease of repairy in case of dents, quick reformation and may also be due to the weight reduction of vehicle.

Would also like to see if the fiber panels offer better aerodynamicity than steel panels and lend better stability to the vehicle.

Also, the fiber and plastic panels are straightaway depreciated 50% for repair jobs if one chooses to get them covered adding to the repair costs. Although, now a days 0-depreciation policies which cover 100% are becoming common.

Also I have a vehicle (Innova) in neighbourhood which has a long slit on its bumper due to metal piercing and that would literally cost complete replacement of the bumper. But the person is living with it as it is not at a critical place and not hampering anything. So in such cases of heavy damage/cracks will it be more economical to have these fiber panels at the critical places like fenders?

There are solutions at workshops to mend such cracked plastic/fiber panels, filling-joining-polishing-painting, that would cost lesser than the authorized workshops though.

I am sure they must have done rigorous tests for durability and least damage in case of impact. Still, an aspect to be aware of.
Old 11th October 2011, 10:34   #2960
BHPian

Just confirmed from SE at bangalore. Mahindra has stopped booking of all versions of XUV500
Old 11th October 2011, 10:56   #2961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Just confirmed from SE at bangalore. Mahindra has stopped booking of all versions of XUV500
XUV going the Fortuner way or rather reminding of the licence raj days, bookings open for a few months in a year and waiting for another year before delivery
Old 11th October 2011, 10:56   #2962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh GOD!

This is going to be like Fortuner & Santa Fe?
Old 11th October 2011, 11:01   #2963
Senior - BHPian

in all fairness i think this must have been expected here by members at the forum given the bookings taking place and the capacity that the factory has. Wish it had not obviously , but the car was a a runaway success from the get go and waiting periods or paused bookings appear to be the trend in the automobile sector here in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Oh GOD!

This is going to be like Fortuner & Santa Fe?
Old 11th October 2011, 11:15   #2964
BHPian

Just came back from 1200 kms of road trip from mum-goa-mum in my superb.
Kept dreaming about the XUV500 all the while and saw a silver xuv near Goa with Mh 04 number and it looked stunning..

I called up G3 motors today and they have asked me to do the bank disbursement today.They say that the vehicle will be coming to their warehouse by this weekend and they will complete the RTO and insurance formalities and deliver it by next weekend.

I have not received any call or email/sms on the delivery date,when i asked the Manager he said that the vehicle is already alloted to me and I not receive any alert from mahindra.
Old 11th October 2011, 11:18   #2965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Kept dreaming about the XUV500 all the while and saw a silver xuv near Goa with Mh 04 number and it looked stunning..

I called up G3 motors today and they have asked me to do the bank disbursement today.They say that the vehicle will be coming to their warehouse by this weekend and they will complete the RTO and insurance formalities and deliver it by next weekend.

I have not received any call or email/sms on the delivery date,when i asked the Manager he said that the vehicle is already alloted to me and I not receive any alert from mahindra.
Sounds a plan . You gonna be the first owner of this beast on TBhp then. We will eagerly wait for your initial impressions then.
Old 11th October 2011, 11:29   #2966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That is really fast. Will be waiting for the first hand owners review with baited breath.
Old 11th October 2011, 11:31   #2967
BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK they have stopped taking fresh bookings for the top end W8 AWD variant,The bookings for the W6 2WD variant and the W8 2WD variant continues to remain open though.
Old 11th October 2011, 11:39   #2968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I got to understand that G3 (some other dealers may also be doing similar) had pre-ordered XUVs and they are to receive them soon and they will be allotted to the ones who had booked earlier or transferred from Scorpio. My friend has also transferred his Scorpio booking to XUV and the same will be delivered soon. These bookings do not go directly into the Mahindra system so no communication from Mahindra on this but direct dealing with the dealer. So jump at it if you are getting one soon but with due diligence of all PDI formalities as per Team-BHP norms. This also has created situation that whoever can immediately give for the XUV gets precedence in the lot they would have on hand.

Last edited by parsh : 11th October 2011 at 11:42.
Old 11th October 2011, 11:52   #2969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal View Post
AFAIK they have stopped taking fresh bookings for the top end W8 AWD variant,The bookings for the W6 2WD variant and the W8 2WD variant continues to remain open though.
Nope as i mentioned yesterday night itself, the bookings have stopped for all variants now.
Old 11th October 2011, 12:20   #2970
BHPian

Pune dealer has returned my cheque, saying system is not accepting any booking. So everywhere the booking is closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks