Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 12:24   #2971
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Wow what was Mahindra thinking. They didn't do any sort of analysis to see what the demand will be like.

Or its just another greedy car maker, stopping bookings and will re start after a few days with increased prices.

Well all in all, this all leaves a pretty bad taste..

I hope the competitors understand that they have finally got an opening and get their releases going soon.

Cheers
Old 11th October 2011, 12:34   #2972
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

I have seen one white XUV 500 at the traffic signal at sivagi nagar pune . In real skin and flesh , the car looks much better. It is less quirky and have good road presence .When i took my mobile camera it just flew away .The engine seems to be very silent and powerful.I think in real daylight the car looks much better than what we see in picture
Old 11th October 2011, 12:39   #2973
BHPian

I think now I will have to pay extra for purple club membership, because it was free only for early birds. Also unlimited mileage warranty will not be applicable to next batch of booking.
Old 11th October 2011, 12:52   #2974
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
I think now I will have to pay extra for purple club membership, because it was free only for early birds. Also unlimited mileage warranty will not be applicable to next batch of booking.
As far as I understand, when you buy an XUV, you automatically get access to purple club. For other cars from M&M, I guess the owners need to pay for membership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
I have travelled quite a bit in Scorpio, never on the driver's seat, so was just wondering that how is body roll explained in simple daily use language and how does it affect ride quality?
Let me try, When you take corners fast in a tall vehicle, it gives a feeling that the vehicle might topple. This is called body roll. This movement which will be sideways will also move the occupants to & fro sliding & will cause discomfort during the journey. Even high speed cross winds on a straight road can cause this movement.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 11th October 2011 at 12:56.
Old 11th October 2011, 12:52   #2975
BHPian

hi guys have the bookings really closed , the xuv 500 has not even been launched in punjab , went to a dealer today they have no idea about its launch ,what is mahindra doing is strange they have just opened the b ookings in metros now bookings are closed without dealers is punjab knowing the launch date,very strange there is no display vehicle.has anybody got any information about its punjab launch
Old 11th October 2011, 12:59   #2976
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajwasingh View Post
hi guys have the bookings really closed , the xuv 500 has not even been launched in punjab , went to a dealer today they have no idea about its launch ,what is mahindra doing is strange they have just opened the bookings in metros now bookings are closed without dealers is punjab knowing the launch date,very strange there is no display vehicle.has anybody got any information about its punjab launch
Not only Punjab, except for the already launched 5/6 cities, the vehicle has NOT been launched anywhere else. IF the bookings have been closed, then I don't expect them to launch the vehicle anywhere else soon, not atleast till they ramp up production or for the next 6 months. Am sure M&M is going to get much higher numbers if they open the bookings in rest of the places. The only feasible solution for M&M here is to ramp up production.
Old 11th October 2011, 13:07   #2977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyslim View Post
Couple of thoughts:

2. Whats the wish list of Bhpians for XUV 500? For me low ratio in 4x4-Just to make it a true blue SUV. However I am not sure how robust monocoques are in no-road situations. Experts?

Best,
FBS

Fair point but looking at the SUVs world over... they are all planning to move from the ladder and frame design to Monocoque design. If I am not mistaken the legendary LR (Land Rover) uses Monocoque in their LR3 version. Moreover the Monocoques are much more safer in the event of a crash as the bulk of the impact gets absorbed in collapsing the body and keeping the inmates less hurt unlike the ladder which is stiff and can transfer the impact to the inmates of the vehicle. Hope that helps...
Old 11th October 2011, 13:13   #2978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Sounds a plan . You gonna be the first owner of this beast on TBhp then. We will eagerly wait for your initial impressions then.
Or maybe mine might arrive by the coming monday or even before
W6 Silver + accessories wirth 68k including speedy rims
Old 11th October 2011, 13:28   #2979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Let me try, When you take corners fast in a tall vehicle, it gives a feeling that the vehicle might topple. This is called body roll. This movement which will be sideways will also move the occupants to & fro sliding & will cause discomfort during the journey. Even high speed cross winds on a straight road can cause this movement.
Further to it, you can understand the feel if you have been on an Enterprise (sail boat) where you need to be holding on to the rope and move the body according to the turn of the boat (my 4 yrs old does that all the time in the Scorpio).

Last edited by m_upreti : 11th October 2011 at 13:46.
Old 11th October 2011, 14:14   #2980
BHPian

Just confirmed from the Gurgaon Dealer. According to them the bookings for XUV 500 are closed for the next 8 months.
Old 11th October 2011, 14:28   #2981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Further to it, you can understand the feel if you have been on an Enterprise (sail boat) where you need to be holding on to the rope and move the body according to the turn of the boat (my 4 yrs old does that all the time in the Scorpio).
Adding 2 cent....

Body roll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 11th October 2011, 14:41   #2982
BHPian

I was in Bangalore last Friday and spotted a camouflaged XUV 500 on Nice road. Still wondering why would they cover up a recently launched vehicle? Is there more variants coming up?

Sorry no pictures as the XUV was travelling on the opposite direction.
Old 11th October 2011, 14:46   #2983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj_Ahlawat View Post
Wow !! Thats great news.
Can you please provide a breakup of cost of accessories that you have opted for.
Old 11th October 2011, 14:57   #2984
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Just came back from 1200 kms of road trip from mum-goa-mum in my superb.
Kept dreaming about the XUV500 all the while and saw a silver xuv near Goa with Mh 04 number and it looked stunning..

I called up G3 motors today and they have asked me to do the bank disbursement today.They say that the vehicle will be coming to their warehouse by this weekend and they will complete the RTO and insurance formalities and deliver it by next weekend.

I have not received any call or email/sms on the delivery date,when i asked the Manager he said that the vehicle is already alloted to me and I not receive any alert from mahindra.
Congrats Kedar, seems that you will be the first one on TBHP to get the XUV500! Waiting eagerly for your review of it as soon as you get it. We booked ours on 2nd Oct and the delivery date which they have communicated is 17th Feb 2012!!

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 11th October 2011, 15:08   #2985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj_Ahlawat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Congrats Kedar, seems that you will be the first one on TBHP to get the XUV500! Waiting eagerly for your review of it as soon as you get it. We booked ours on 2nd Oct and the delivery date which they have communicated is 17th Feb 2012!!

Regards,
Behemoth
Thanks Behemoth.I know the wait till february is too long.

One quick question guys,since I am the lucky few who is getting a quick delivery,I have to get the insurance done from the dealer.

He has tata AIG,Icici lombard and chola mandalam.

Which one is the best,I also heard about the 0% dep plan which Sam kapasi had got for his superb?

Last edited by kedarwalke : 11th October 2011 at 15:09.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed