Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 12:56   #226
BHPian

Hope they come with automatic one at the earliest , may be they can surprise us with 1.2 i-vtec with automatic transmission rather than , 1.5 i-vtec which is rumored to come with automatic transmission
Old 30th March 2009, 15:24   #227
BHPian

Nice looking car.

No fogs as expected.

Music controls on steering wheels! Looks like a top end model.

Interior so basic! as expected.

Thick A pillar (SX4 like) looks really disturbing.
Old 30th March 2009, 16:47   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like a top end model.
It's sporting black mirrors rather then body coloured ones. I hope this isn't Honda's feature list for the production variant!

Some information on the 2009 Honda Jazz (Fit) being sold in Canada.
Old 31st March 2009, 12:44   #229
BHPian

All seems to be a mix of variants , non-body colored mirrors with steering mounted audio controls . i think this is only for the testing version.
Old 31st March 2009, 13:51   #230
Senior - BHPian

+1 to that. The interiors look plush and the exteriors look basic! Maybe a test variant, for the road tests, that is it..
Old 31st March 2009, 14:01   #231
Senior - BHPian

Grand Punto... where art thou?

I think Fiat should launch the Grand Punto before Jazz comes in the market simply because Honda enjoys huge brand loyality in India. If Fiat manages to launch the Punto before the Jazz there is good chance it may catch the buyers fancy if not with Honda Jazz in the market, things certainly wont be easy for the Fiat hatch.
Old 31st March 2009, 15:59   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Grand Punto... where art thou?

I think Fiat should launch the Grand Punto before Jazz comes in the market simply because Honda enjoys huge brand loyality in India. If Fiat manages to launch the Punto before the Jazz there is good chance it may catch the buyers fancy if not with Honda Jazz in the market, things certainly wont be easy for the Fiat hatch.
Doesn't matter when Fiat will bring in the GP. Just like the Linea will never outsell the ANHC, the GP also will have to be content playing second fiddle to the Jazz.

Even if Honda launch the Jazz in 2010, it will easily outsell the GP, i20, Polo and Fabia put together!
Old 31st March 2009, 16:21   #233
aby
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Doesn't matter when Fiat will bring in the GP. Just like the Linea will never outsell the ANHC, the GP also will have to be content playing second fiddle to the Jazz.

Even if Honda launch the Jazz in 2010, it will easily outsell the GP, i20, Polo and Fabia put together!
Depends on the price point and the premium charged by Honda.

I guess for a 30-75k premium, it will outsell the competition. Anything more and in words of Honda chairman, the very price conscious Indian customer will not play ball.
Old 31st March 2009, 16:37   #234
Senior - BHPian

I am not too impressed with this design. I hope Honda prices Jazz competitively.
Old 31st March 2009, 17:21   #235
BHPian

May be a bit late to mention, but shouldn't the pics be watermarked???

That said, the car looks good, but not my brand (I admit I have a biased mind-set of Honda having overpriced cars, which love to scrape the many speed-bumps in the city)

Last edited by DriverR : 31st March 2009 at 17:24.
Old 31st March 2009, 18:06   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
(I admit I have a biased mind-set of Honda having overpriced cars, which love to scrape the many speed-bumps in the city)
Don't remind me of that! Happens once a week somewhere or the other! I'm still not convinced of the premium pricing that Honda Jazz is going to have! A 7 lakh plus hatch, will it be accepted in India? Or will Indians still go for the sedans?
Old 31st March 2009, 18:10   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
I am not too impressed with this design. I hope Honda prices Jazz competitively.
Neither am i. I am not a brand crazy person so just from the simple looks point of view i Didn't liked the front and the rear at all!
IMO the best looking hatch still remains i20.

However interiors look nice, Steering seems to be a lift up from ANHC itself. Will be 7 lac around bracket so lets see if Honda badge can create magic again.
Launch date idea?
Old 31st March 2009, 18:32   #238
aby
BHPian

If Honda prices it at 7 lakh plus I doubt if they will move a lot of them. Barring a few enthusiasts, Indian customers have not come out of their fascination of the boot, however great the car maybe.
Old 31st March 2009, 19:45   #239
BHPian

The base version will have ABS and Airbags for sure , Swift premiums around 6.1OTR Bangalore. So i guess with a better engine from Jazz than swift , how much will be the premium. 6.5 OTR Bangalore that will be what 5.5 ex-showroom
Old 2nd April 2009, 12:16   #240
BHPian

"Even in these challenging times, the sales of Honda City have grown by 20 per cent ever since the deliveries started in November 2009. We enter 2009-10 with a lot of confidence and are looking forward to launch of Honda Jazz as the year progresses," HSCI Vice-President (Marketing) Jnaneswar Sen said.

Honda car sales down by 17.16 pc- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Closed Thread

Most Viewed