Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2009, 19:49   #421
BHPian

could it not be a foldable arm rest ?
Old 9th May 2009, 23:32   #422
BHPian

just buy the city :P it will have more snob value.

the price of this car has given up the my power of dreams. dreams of owning a JAzzzzz.

Last edited by Caramelo : 9th May 2009 at 23:33.
Old 10th May 2009, 19:35   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
I may be wrong here. But this car is nothing but a old NHC without boot.
You are actually right, the Old NHC was last years Jazz /FIT with a boot.

So the converse holds true as well
Old 10th May 2009, 21:36   #424
BHPian

Which Honda has failed in INDIA ?? I think the answer should be NONE even CIVIC was initially and yet give s the image of being something shoddy , but sale s figure s tell a different story !!! ( I DRIVE ONE ) . This jazz although look s like a mini van in picture s it should cut a different story in reality and If it comes with a nice paddle shift and suspension which can handle our crater s i see no reason why honda should sit on this project !!
Regards
SaaJaN
Old 11th May 2009, 09:44   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-hawk View Post
Which Honda has failed in INDIA ?? I think the answer should be NONE even CIVIC was initially and yet give s the image of being something shoddy , but sale s figure s tell a different story !!! ( I DRIVE ONE ) . This jazz although look s like a mini van in picture s it should cut a different story in reality and If it comes with a nice paddle shift and suspension which can handle our crater s i see no reason why honda should sit on this project !!
Regards
SaaJaN
I couldnt agree more. Just take an example of Innova and pit it against likes of Scorpio, Safari etc. It is less on power, looks like a van etc, but just see the amount of comfort it offers, safety and ride. There is no competition. Same is going to be true for Jazz, its low on the looks factor, but the comfort etc, would quite make up for it.
It probably wont set the sales chart alight like Swift, but would create its own segment for users who have the money to buy a Sedan but want a hatch as a second car due to parking constraints etc. It would offer all the features and niceties of sedan, but the advantages of a hatch. 3k per month is a modest target.
Old 11th May 2009, 09:50   #426
Senior - BHPian

Which Honda has failed ?

Civic - Honda has manufactured 600 cars in the last 6 months. 100 cars a month - but then I don't know how many cars Honda's competitors have manufactured.

The key word here is manufactured - not sold.
Old 11th May 2009, 10:33   #427
BHPian

I don't buy the 7 lacs statement from TOI. Infact it is only TOI who's stating that it'll cost 7 lacs - ACI is reporting 6.5, some others are reporting 5.5-6 lacs!

Infact, by pure logic - Honda will save some manufacturing cost over city (10%?) due to a smaller car (with more glass area than steel - that saves money too). It saves 4% because it's under 1.2 L and 4 meters. And then, it saves some more (5%?) due to the smaller capacity engine versus the larger and pricier 1.5 i-VTEC.

So my guess is, the price news has to be taken with a massive dose of salt.

I expect the base Honda Jazz to sell at around 6.3 lacs ex-showroom Delhi - Honda is saving atleast 1.5 lacs over the production cost of a city.

And even at that price, I think its very expensive.

Last edited by reppy : 11th May 2009 at 10:35.
Old 11th May 2009, 11:09   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Infact, by pure logic - Honda will save some manufacturing cost over city (10%?) due to a smaller car (with more glass area than steel - that saves money too). It saves 4% because it's under 1.2 L and 4 meters. And then, it saves some more (5%?) due to the smaller capacity engine versus the larger and pricier 1.5 i-VTEC.
Sure Honda may save some costs but the question is will they pass on the excise benefit and cost saving they make to the customer?
Old 11th May 2009, 11:41   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Sure Honda may save some costs but the question is will they pass on the excise benefit and cost saving they make to the customer?
The Answer is YES they will!
Old 11th May 2009, 12:30   #430
Senior - BHPian

Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14-honda-jazz1.jpglast evening saw a jazz doing "stunts". they had put sand on the road, and the guy was trying handbrake turns. Got some pictures.
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14-10052009093.jpg

car looked nice. The back glass looks very outlander ish! .

Last edited by madan80 : 11th May 2009 at 12:32.
Old 11th May 2009, 12:31   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
The Answer is YES they will!
Let's wait and watch!
Their past record doesn't suggest this...
Old 11th May 2009, 12:44   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
I don't buy the 7 lacs statement from TOI. Infact it is only TOI who's stating that it'll cost 7 lacs - ACI is reporting 6.5, some others are reporting 5.5-6 lacs!

So my guess is, the price news has to be taken with a massive dose of salt.

I expect the base Honda Jazz to sell at around 6.3 lacs ex-showroom Delhi - Honda is saving atleast 1.5 lacs over the production cost of a city.

And even at that price, I think its very expensive.
reppy , i put forth a mail to the TOI who had written that article , this what the reply i got .

---------------------
Dear Sir.
Good 2 see dat u follow automobile news so avidly.

Well, all I can say is that the price mentioned in my story is what it will be at the time of the Jazz launch. It can be a lil bit here or there, though. And yes, this price is for the base model, that too ex-showroom.

Pankaj Doval
TOI
Old 11th May 2009, 14:02   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Which Honda has failed ?

Civic - Honda has manufactured 600 cars in the last 6 months. 100 cars a month - but then I don't know how many cars Honda's competitors have manufactured.

The key word here is manufactured - not sold.
Do you mean to say Civic is a failure? They have sold 720 Civics in March and 650 in April. I think it is a very good sales figure for the segment.
Old 11th May 2009, 14:58   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
reppy , i put forth a mail to the TOI who had written that article , this what the reply i got .

---------------------
Dear Sir.
Good 2 see dat u follow automobile news so avidly.

Well, all I can say is that the price mentioned in my story is what it will be at the time of the Jazz launch. It can be a lil bit here or there, though. And yes, this price is for the base model, that too ex-showroom.

Pankaj Doval
TOI
I saw this in one of your earlier posts. I'm just questioning the accuracy of the report(er). Maybe Honda does get over-optimistic and launches it at 7 lacs, but I believe that 6.3-6.5 is the more realistic (yet expensive, due to lack of kit) price for a product that looks like a slightly larger version of the Aveo-UVA and carries the Honda badge. I am not doubting their engineering and packaging abilities, of course - it is, and will be a solid product.

At 7 lacs for the base version, it just defies everything and every theory.
Old 11th May 2009, 15:14   #435
BHPian

I have a question here , where does the discount in excise duty for small car reflect in price .
Does it reflect in the ex-showroom price or or OTR price ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed