Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:56   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Honda has another winner on hands, unless the price it way too obscene.
The correct statement should be 'Honda has another winnder on hands, even if they price it obscenely'

(I better duck for cover now!)

Quote:
This engine seems to be as good as Fiat's 1.4 in theory!
True. Fiat's engine makes 115Nm@4500rpm while the 1.2 Jazz makes 114@4900rpm. The Australian 1.3L Jazz weighs 1065 kgs so the Indian 1.2L variant should weigh much less. Comparatively, the Grande Punto 1.4L Petrol weighs 1075kgs in UK.

Thanks to the weight advantage the Jazz will be more peppy to drive.
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:27   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Jazz offers the interior space simillar to the City. It will have 400 litr boot as against 500 ltrs of City.
I just checked up on this. Correct me if I'm wrong but the 400 litres of boot space is because they do not provide a spare tire in the UK market. With a spare tire (which I'm sure will be provided in India - can't do without it!), the boot space would come down to more realistic 275-300 litres levels IMO.
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:37   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
I just checked up on this. Correct me if I'm wrong but the 400 litres of boot space is because they do not provide a spare tire in the UK market. With a spare tire (which I'm sure will be provided in India - can't do without it!), the boot space would come down to more realistic 275-300 litres levels IMO.
Correct, it seems it is 337L with a full size spare
Honda Jazz Range & Price | 2009, 2008

Which means it will be more or less back in Fabia/Sandero/i20/Fusion (for how long?) territory. Plus I think in India providing spare tire is a regulation, I remember that even BMW was forced to provide a spare instead of the space saver it was offering elsewhere.

Last edited by indivic : 2nd March 2009 at 17:39. Reason: Added more text
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:54   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
That seem to be right, as Indivic also has mentioned. I had read about 400 ltrs reported in a magazine but obviously they have not considered this apsect.
Old 2nd March 2009, 21:02   #65
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
specifications:

jazz 1.2 i- vtec
Thanks for that mate. Way to go
Old 2nd March 2009, 21:14   #66
Senior - BHPian

Seems it will be peppy. If pricing is done competitively it can kill i20 for sure if not the Swift.
Old 2nd March 2009, 22:01   #67
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Seems it will be peppy. If pricing is done competitively it can kill i20 for sure if not the Swift.
Swift sells at a different price point altogether, and i don't think Jazz is going to be in that segment anyway. Also Swift has DDiS to its advantage.

Jazz can kill i20 for sure if priced well. Poor Hyundai will have to bring out the CRDi to ensure the survival of i20.

Last edited by oss : 2nd March 2009 at 22:04.
Old 3rd March 2009, 00:42   #68
BHPian

Sid, fantastic! Can always trust you to get us some early info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
no price and varient details, also launch date most likely is in june.
The specs seem identical to the UK model. These guys don't de-tune their engines for India?

I don't find an AT with the 1.2 iVTEC in UK - so I'm not too hopeful of seeing an AT on the Jazz till they launch the 1.4 iVTEC.
Old 6th March 2009, 12:37   #69
BHPian

Saw this some time ago , i guess the interior quality will be same as the ANHC with so much of localization . But this is pretty much old news.

The Hindu Business Line : Honda’s compact car Jazz launch likely by 2009 end

This is mainly because the company wants to ensure high localisation in Jazz in order to market it at a competitive price. “In all our cars, we are looking for a high level of localisation. That is the case with Jazz too. Our objective is 70-80 per cent localisation,” Mr Masahiro Takedagawa, President and CEO of Honda Siel India, told Business Line.
Old 6th March 2009, 12:50   #70
gaurav.28ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Saw this some time ago , i guess the interior quality will be same as the ANHC with so much of localization . But this is pretty much old news.

The Hindu Business Line : Honda’s compact car Jazz launch likely by 2009 end

This is mainly because the company wants to ensure high localisation in Jazz in order to market it at a competitive price. “In all our cars, we are looking for a high level of localisation. That is the case with Jazz too. Our objective is 70-80 per cent localisation,” Mr Masahiro Takedagawa, President and CEO of Honda Siel India, told Business Line.
Would be interesting to see how much of localisation benefits are passed to consumers by Honda.

Old 9th March 2009, 13:34   #71
BHPian

Yea that right ,

Don't know where the price of Top-end Jazz will be , if it comes with 1.5i-vtec and semi-automatic gearbox .It will put them near the ANHC price.

I read some where that there may be a 1.4i-vtec instead of the 1.5. can any one clarify ?
Old 9th March 2009, 15:14   #72
BHPian

Jazz brochure

Found this nice bro. from Honda Malasia site:
Honda Malaysia
Old 9th March 2009, 15:44   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I read some where that there may be a 1.4i-vtec instead of the 1.5. can any one clarify ?
what I read in magazines is, there will be 1.3 i-vtec to begin with and may be a 1.5 a year later.
Old 9th March 2009, 15:48   #74
Senior - BHPian

I was told by a Honda salesperson this weekend that Honda Jazz is definitely coming in June - July timeframe this year! Also the expected pricing is around 6 lakhs (base model) though it is still speculative (not sure if he would know right price). But he was absolutely certain of June/July launch of Jazz (notice the Js

Wasnt willing to spill more though. So dont know what engine it would be inside.
Old 9th March 2009, 15:51   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i guess the interior quality will be same as the ANHC with so much of localization
I think you must be driving a CBU then. You are sadly mistaken if you think that the poor interior quality in the City is because of localization.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks