Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2009, 12:45   #91
BHPian

What are they smoking?? The ANHC is HEAVILY overpriced as it is. 35K more will just put a choke on sales!

And the CR-V can pack up and leave. I'd rather spend my money on an Outlander
Old 10th March 2009, 12:47   #92
Senior - BHPian

Hope it is not some kind of an April fool joke .
Old 10th March 2009, 12:50   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
What are they smoking?? The ANHC is HEAVILY overpriced as it is. 35K more will just put a choke on sales!
See AHNC sales figures for last 4 months. Overpriced or not, they ARE selling. That's what matters!
Old 10th March 2009, 13:35   #94
BHPian

City is selling well, I see plenty daily, its quite common now. At launch this forum rightly felt it was overpriced and under equipped and with underwhelming interiors to boot but that didn't stop the things flying off the shelves, so this may have a negligible impact at most, instead of ponying up 9.5 you pony up 9.85.

As much as I don't like it because Honda is definitely taking us for a ride we just have to accept the market likes them and are allowing them to get away with it. Expect Jazz to be nothing less than 7.5 on road.
Old 10th March 2009, 13:49   #95
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
See AHNC sales figures for last 4 months. Overpriced or not, they ARE selling. That's what matters!
True; there aren't many options in this segment. Fiesta feels a segment lower (due to size) and Verna petrol sucks. Linea needs to prove itself (or is it Fiat that needs to prove itself) and SX4 can't come close to ANHC interms of refinement & space. So there if someone wants space, refinement & brand image, ANHC is there albeit at a steep premium which it probably doesn't deserve.

I am sure Honda will feel the pinch in April/May onwards what with all the expected job losses and pay cuts around the corner ...... I can almost see a limited edition on the way with the missing goodies

Last edited by oss : 10th March 2009 at 13:50.
Old 10th March 2009, 15:04   #96
Senior - BHPian

Well because its HONDA noone is gonna raise the voice for such a substantial price increase. Everything Honda does is justified.
Old 10th March 2009, 16:05   #97
Senior - BHPian

Harsh - the best way for a customer to raise a voice is not to purchase a product which they feel is overpriced. In a capital market a Honda (or any other brand) is free to price City at 20L OTR if they want. If there are no buyers, they should soon be back to where they belong.

To be frank, i am more surprised at the 50K increase for the Civic E. At least in Bangalore - this would bump up the prices by close to 1L (due to the additional 4% tax on cars above 10L) - and this on a car which is not exactly selling like it used to.
Old 10th March 2009, 16:15   #98
Senior - BHPian

corolla will bite into civic sales,linea into anhc and another nail into crvs coffin. 3 lak and 54k people can buy an entry level car for that money.Captiva and outlander sales will boom now.
If the fortuner is launched at a killer price now CRV can pack its bags and go back to japan.
Old 10th March 2009, 16:18   #99
gaurav.28ch

Why is Honda not pushing hard for localisation. Is it because that way it can dig into our pockets more easily by chanting 'CBU' rant ?

Old 10th March 2009, 17:49   #100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav.28ch View Post
Why is Honda not pushing hard for localisation. Is it because that way it can dig into our pockets more easily by chanting 'CBU' rant ?
Both Honda (now all models) and Hyundai (i10, i20, Verna) are very greedy in Indian market by pricing their products rocket-high.
Old 10th March 2009, 18:00   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Harsh - the best way for a customer to raise a voice is not to purchase a product which they feel is overpriced. In a capital market a Honda (or any other brand) is free to price City at 20L OTR if they want. If there are no buyers, they should soon be back to where they belong.

To be frank, i am more surprised at the 50K increase for the Civic E. At least in Bangalore - this would bump up the prices by close to 1L (due to the additional 4% tax on cars above 10L) - and this on a car which is not exactly selling like it used to.
On the mark
And thats what i always do thats why i dont have a Honda.
No doubt they make very good cars with brilliant technology and comfort but so do many others. There cars are well overpriced(more now after the price increase) and no matter what people say the sales will take a hit due to this.
ANHC has competition from - Linea, SX4, Fiesta, - all priced below it and offering more features.
Civic has competition from- Altis - More features and less price.
Accord - Its only competitor i can see is a Laura which is diesel and offers more features.
CRV- Outlander/Captiva.

Lets see how people react to price rise.

Last edited by harry10 : 10th March 2009 at 18:04.
Old 10th March 2009, 19:32   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
On the mark
And thats what i always do thats why i dont have a Honda.
That works for many of us, Im sure. we do not want to be cheated specially after doing an objective comparison.

Though, there are remain a whole lot of buyers going after the brand.

Having said that, I think Honda has a history of jacking up the prices in India (Take the CRV prices for instance over the years, even without the most recent one). Is it also a ploy to keep the used car prices high, (A buyer of a used car will tend to compare the used car price with the price of the currently available new car) thereby keeping the owners happy and in return pocketing the additional profits.

Best Regards,

Danc
Old 11th March 2009, 10:32   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
As much as I don't like it because Honda is definitely taking us for a ride we just have to accept the market likes them and are allowing them to get away with it. Expect Jazz to be nothing less than 7.5 on road.
If thats true, Jazz at 7.5 on road would be nothing short of daylight robbery.

It would be senseless to buy hatchback at that price.
Old 11th March 2009, 10:47   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
and no matter what people say the sales will take a hit due to this.
I see Honda sales going up and getting stronger. No matter what Honda does, people will lap up their products.

Quote:
ANHC has competition from - Linea, SX4, Fiesta, - all priced below it and offering more features.
Fiesta, Verna and Linea offer diesel engines and every month the City anhilates them on the sales charts.

Quote:
Civic has competition from- Altis - More features and less price.
Add better dealership expereince with Toyota and better after sales service. Yet the Civic outsells the Altis.

Quote:
Accord - Its only competitor i can see is a Laura which is diesel and offers more features.
Accord petrol outsells the Laura diesel.

Quote:
CRV- Outlander/Captiva.
CRV petro outsells Captiva diesel.

Quote:
Lets see how people react to price rise.
They will react by buying the cars in hordes!

Quote:
If thats true, Jazz at 7.5 on road would be nothing short of daylight robbery.

It would be senseless to buy hatchback at that price.
The petrol Jazz will crush diesel i20, Grande Punto MJD and Fabia diesel sales every month. This, after the Jazz will offer far lesser features then all these cars at a higher price.

By the way, Honda cites stronger dollar and yen as the reason for jacking up the price. Stronger USD and yen have also hit their vendors who have to import raw materials. Have Honda been decent enough to offer Indian vendors a price hike too?

Last edited by amit : 11th March 2009 at 10:49.
Old 11th March 2009, 11:03   #105
Senior - BHPian

Can we expect increased resale value or Honda Cars as a result of this massive price increase ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed