Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2009, 21:20   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
“Though we don’t expect the Jazz to take over volumes of our City model, the hatchback will still create some volume for us,” said Takedagawa.
So Honda are not betting on big numbers for Jazz. My guess is, it will be priced higher than the competition (i20, GP).
Old 13th March 2009, 22:15   #182
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
marginally since Nov 2008, from 51.15 Rupee/100 yen in Nov 2008 to 53.35 in Feb 2009. But sharply depreciated from 38.9 in 4/2008.
True; but atleast in the case of ANHC which was launched in Oct, the appreciation theory shouldn't apply.
Old 14th March 2009, 07:05   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo
I too don't own a Honda.
You DON'T own a Honda ? Man, now that surprises me, given your passion for anything 'Honda' and how vehemently you defend them everywhere on the forum.

Did you own a Honda in the past atleast ? If so which car ?
Old 14th March 2009, 07:48   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
I too don't own a Honda. Pity like you, I am also not the 'enlightened one'.
I remember reading about someone who did a 140/160 KMPH on the NICE road with a NHC and also did some good overtakings with the NHC without any complaints!

Twist of reality to support his own theory! Way to go
Old 14th March 2009, 09:09   #185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
You DON'T own a Honda ? Man, now that surprises me, given your passion for anything 'Honda' and how vehemently you defend them everywhere on the forum.

He was looking for info on buying a Honda city but I guess the high price of the honda city meant that it was out of his budget.
Old 14th March 2009, 12:38   #186
Senior - BHPian

twist in the tale -Toyota too have bumped up prices of Corolla by 10K-50K bow. Expect Hyundai to follow.
Old 14th March 2009, 12:43   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post

Now that is what makes diabloo India's # 1 Honda fan!
Old 14th March 2009, 13:48   #188
BHPian

Quote:
twist in the tale -Toyota too have bumped up prices of Corolla by 10K-50K bow. Expect Hyundai to follow.
No mention about Camry prices though. I was thinking camry price also would go up by 1-2 lakh approx in line with accord/crv
Old 14th March 2009, 13:59   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Japanese carmaker Honda said its 'Jazz' hatchback would hit the Indian roads by middle of this year, though the compact car would
trail the company's 'City' sedan in terms of sales volumes.

"The Jazz will be a premium segment hatchback and we do not expect that it will overcome the sales numbers of the City sedan in India," Masahiro Takedagawa, president and CEO of the company's subsidiary Honda Siel Cars India, said,
The CEO says that he doesn't expect Jazz to sell more then the City?! And he is talking of it being a premium hatchback. That's fine but I wonder what's Honda's definition of premium. Going by their recent pricing strategy, I think they will price Jazz higher then Fabia Tdi. It's going to be interesting to see how the Jazz is positioned in India.

Quote:
Jazz gets the premium tag due to the company's focus on making it luxurious and safe by adding features like airbags, ABS
(anti-lock braking system) and G-CON Technology. Honda, however, believes that customers would be willing to pay for the additional features.
Huh? The City gets ABS, Airbags and G-CON too. What extra features are they talking about?

Source: Economic Times.
Old 14th March 2009, 14:48   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I think they will price Jazz higher then Fabia Tdi. It's going to be interesting to see how the Jazz is positioned in India.
I think i have mentioned this already , i predict Jazz to be priced between i20 P and Fabia D. Jazz AT might turn out to be most expensive in the segment. But Honda is already giving us more signs that their products wont be priced even decently.
Old 14th March 2009, 15:00   #191
BHPian

In the UK, the Jazz is priced at a 12-15% premium over the equivalent i20. Of course, both models get a lot more standard features out here than they'll ever get in India. I hope Honda sticks to the same pricing strategy of 10-15% premium over Hyundai (unlikely though, knowing Honda).
Old 14th March 2009, 18:37   #192
BHPian

@prashanth
If you're saying that the Jazz is priced 12-15% higher than the equivalent i20, then surely in India it will be minimum 20%, the sole reason being the localisation. Even if they source maximum from India, Honda will still overprice their product for that "Premium Luxury Hatch" Tag.

Ok now the i20 Asta has the following features that are not available in the nearly 3 lakhs more expensive ANHC S Variant. These are all i can remember at the moment.
1. Climate Controlled Auto a/c
2. Electrically Foldable ORVM's
3. Fog Lamps
4. Alloys
5. 6 Airbags
6. CD Player (i'm not bothered about this but many others are)
7. Glove Box Cooling

Now the question is that will Honda give these features in the Jazz? If yes, then what will the existing ANHC owners do?

So Honda can overcharge us just for that brilliant iVtec engine?
Old 17th March 2009, 14:54   #193
BHPian

Meridian Delhi has won the creative duties for the Jazz, the latest car from Honda SIEL Cars India (HSCI). The win follows a multi-agency pitch.
Despite the economic slowdown, HSCI is optimistic about the growth in the automobile sector, especially small cars. In fact, the Jazz has been introduced in India six months ahead of the planned launch. The Honda Jazz will be manufactured at the company’s Noida plant and is likely to have a localisation content of 70 per cent from day one.
HSCI’s Jazz will compete with Maruti’s A-Star, Splash and Hyundai's i20, which are among the recent launches, plus the yet-to-be-launched Fiat Grande Punto.
Dentsu continues to handle the creative mandate for all Honda brands in India. Dentsu Media will also handle the media duties of the new launch. The ad spend on the new car could not be ascertained.
Old 17th March 2009, 15:56   #194
BANNED

I can drive without owning too .
Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Twist of reality to support his own theory! Way to go
Only common between those cars is that they all are recently launched. Jazz with A-Star? They got be kidding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
HSCI’s Jazz will compete with Maruti’s A-Star, Splash and Hyundai's i20, which are among the recent launches, plus the yet-to-be-launched Fiat Grande Punto.
Old 17th March 2009, 18:15   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
I can drive without owning too .

Only common between those cars is that they all are recently launched. Jazz with A-Star? They got be kidding.
What parameters are they comparing the A-star with the jazz! Apart from the fact that they are both from Japanese carmakers!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks