| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|30th January 2007, 11:01||#46|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Thanked: 138 Times
the problem I would strongly suggest is with Shocks and jumpers. I dont really know of any other word for or if they are called jumpers.
I had to get mine checked when I had the same problem in our lancer, i.e. bumpy ride.
|9th August 2012, 11:56||#48|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Aug 2008
Thanked: 1,098 Times
Re: Lancer Query
I could find a relevant thread so posting my query on this thread. I recently bought a used Mitsubishi Lancer 1.5 SLXI LEi(Limited Edition) 2004 petrol model. The car's ODO reads 70K Kms till date. The previous owner didn't have any service records as he was getting it serviced through his local mechanic. He claims he has changed the clutch plate and pressure plate and got a suspension overhaul done. I drove this car for a week and following were my findings:
1. Boot lock does not operate correctly(I feel there is some issue with the locking mechanism)
2. Fuel lid does not operate correctly(There is minor rust on top of the fuel lid which prevents it from shutting completely. Once shut it doesn't open through the remote fuel lid lever.)
3. Screeching noise while the AC is on and while driving the car in 1st gear on low speeds(I believe the suspect is the fan belt and the pulley)
4. Only driver side power window works(There is no action on the other 3 power windows when I use the power window buttons. Can it be serviced or do I have to replace it, if yes then what would be the cost.)
5. Door side rubber beading cut and worn out at some places, hence would like to replace all the four doors window beading.(Any help with the cost)
6. Lights (Front right headlight not working only the parking light works which means the headlight is gone kaput, parking lights i.e. indicators both front and rear not working even if i switch on the parking switch, fog lamps not coming on, headlight only upper beam working)
7. Right side suspension making a mild loose metal clanking sound while going over potholes and rough roads.
8. Power mirrors not folding and unfolding(I can make do with this if the fix is not very costly)
9. The car jerks and judders in the first gear with AC on.
Also the owner was using synthetic oil(Mobil 1) so i will stick to the same.
Apart from all these I need to get the servicing done. My requirement would be to get all the above jobs and servicing done under one single roof by a professional and a good workshop. Since I reside in Bombay(Andheri) what are my options. Should I get the car serviced and do all the work at Aquest Auto at Kalina (Authorised Service Centre)? has anyone had an experience of getting their lancer serviced and repaired from an Authorised Serviced centre?(i know it works out costly but will the work give me a piece of mind)
Awaiting your valuable responses.
Last edited by navin_v8 : 9th August 2012 at 11:58. Reason: missed one important point(9.)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Lancer.ized got his Lancer.iCED||Lancer.ized||In-Car Entertainment||46||4th May 2009 12:14|
|Innova Purchase Query + Query on Price Increase by Toyota||SanMan||SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s||7||30th April 2008 13:13|
|cng Lancer mod query !!!!||carloz||Modifications & Accessories||10||21st July 2007 23:46|
|Query regarding buying of lancer||lamborghini||Shifting gears||6||12th April 2005 16:43|