Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2009, 15:17   #46
BHPian

There is something odd I notice about people bashing skoda Cars and the company, with the policies of the company I do agree, however, about the cars, the general idea here seems that almost every car that skoda makes is a "lemon", and it will come back to bite you, so the feeling is maybe 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 are bad, however, I have atleast 20 friends who have a skoda, one family i know has 6 cars, ALL skoda bought over the last 6 years, NONE have complained of ANY replacements other than the regular service and filters, now do I know too many people who are lucky or are they plain careful about how they use thier cars ?
Old 1st March 2009, 20:50   #47
Senior - BHPian

so is it just an offer from the pune dealer or is it a national offer?
Old 2nd March 2009, 00:03   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseled View Post
Just called up Silverton Motors , the guy had no idea , said there are no discounts on any of the models the only offer he offered was a free maintenance plan for Laura which is for 3 years/ 50 K Kms.
I thought silvertone got closed..
try with Arshia Motors, faridabad
Continental Skoda
Frahneit Moti Nagar
all dealers are off NCR , they might offer you discount..
Silvertone is no good dealer
Old 4th March 2009, 10:42   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
however, about the cars, the general idea here seems that almost every car that skoda makes is a "lemon", and it will come back to bite you ...
I agree. One should avoid meaningless bashing.

But ask owners of 1.4 MPI Fabia out there how they feel when they realize Skoda just discontinued the car because they couldn't get the engine right for "Indian conditions"? Did Skoda expect people to pay Rs 8.3 lakhs (OTR Bangalore) to do some Beta testing for the company?

Last edited by CBlazer : 4th March 2009 at 10:48.
Old 4th March 2009, 11:43   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
There is something odd I notice about people bashing skoda Cars and the company, with the policies of the company ----
Pranav-ji:

I actually derive pleasure when Skoda is bashed. I am not morally right, but they bashed me so badly by turning a deaf ear and blind eye when they passed me a lemon and the dealer went to the extent of forging my registration. I am yet to get over it!

I later found via t-bhp that I am not an exception at all. At the very least I am part of a significant minority. Folks here have complained that dealers have cheated them, invoiced exhorbitant amounts (just read today elsewhere that they were charged with 1.5 lakhs), DSGs have stopped working suddenly because purportedly cars weren't adapted to Indian conditions, in Chandigarh an owner complained of the engine dropping from its cage....

You write to Skoda and their arrogance will make Paris Hilton seem congenial. They shake their heads expressing helplessness; pass it on to their lawyers to keep them busy - and at best say their A.S.S is an opportunity area for improvement.

So the only way to get back without loss of time or money is to feel pleasure whenever they are bashed!

With apologies to the moralists!

Cheers,
Old 4th March 2009, 12:11   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Pranav-ji:

I actually derive pleasure when Skoda is bashed. I am not morally right, but they bashed me so badly by turning a deaf ear and blind eye when they passed me a lemon and the dealer went to the extent of forging my registration. I am yet to get over it!

I later found via t-bhp that I am not an exception at all. At the very least I am part of a significant minority. Folks here have complained that dealers have cheated them, invoiced exhorbitant amounts (just read today elsewhere that they were charged with 1.5 lakhs), DSGs have stopped working suddenly because purportedly cars weren't adapted to Indian conditions, in Chandigarh an owner complained of the engine dropping from its cage....

You write to Skoda and their arrogance will make Paris Hilton seem congenial. They shake their heads expressing helplessness; pass it on to their lawyers to keep them busy - and at best say their A.S.S is an opportunity area for improvement.

So the only way to get back without loss of time or money is to feel pleasure whenever they are bashed!

With apologies to the moralists!

Cheers,
Heyy, Sorry your Skoda was not ok. But like Pranav said - there are a lot of Skodas out there that are A+.

Dunno about DSGs stopping because they are not suited / adapted for Indian conditions. Is the "not suited for Indian conditions" a surmise or conjecture? or is it an authoritative opinion?

An engine dropping out of it's cage! How did the owner (or Skoda) manage that? To my mind that can only happen when the body/chassis/mountings are totally corroded or cut away.

Cheating by dealers - I agree. They can be rather petty. But, over the last year, I have noticed a change for the better in the dealer in Hyd.

Overcharging is easily checked by cross-reference to the price list issued by Skoda.

In any cases of cheating, over-charging, defective cars being sold, or deficiencies in service, the consumer courts in India are supportive and do not hesitate to pass orders granting replacement/refund. The appropriate thing to do is to go to the court instead of feeling bitter about it. I read this morning on TBHP, that a consumer approached the court after 50K Km complaining about the car he was given and the court granted him relief.

Only by being vigilant consumers and agitating our rights in the right forum can we instill discipline in businesses. If we, as educated consumers do not stand up for our rights, we shall slowly deteriorate into a banana republic.

Cheers,
Old 19th October 2009, 13:16   #52

Skoda Suberb ... a killing machine at a killer price... see my thread. I have been cheated by them miserably.
Old 19th October 2009, 16:49   #53
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Dealer bashing community

Maybe someone could start a Skoda Dealer bashing community. We would be able to analyze which dealer deserves most bashing and we could eventually save everyone the trouble of taking vehicles from him totally
Old 20th October 2009, 14:21   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Maybe someone could start a Skoda Dealer bashing community. We would be able to analyze which dealer deserves most bashing and we could eventually save everyone the trouble of taking vehicles from him totally

I don't know why we bash only Skoda, Fiat, Tata etc. Why not Honda??

Honda has passed on its's share of lemons to a lot of persons.

Also their Civic, still has people cribbing with unresolved issues especially regarding suspension and tyre wear etc.

I know of a person who has done 60,000+ Kms on Goodyear Eagles in an Octy. He has his own mines, and uses the car for all sorts of purpose, including rough road (kaccha) use (I can vouch for it). The grooves were still good enough for 5-10,000 km.

In my Civic, I have changed 2 sets of Eagles already, (about 62-65000 km total), no rough or wrong use, mainly Highway. Now using Michelin. I think the suspension setup is to blame.

What repair/maintenance cost of Octy is higher, I don't understand?? (when compared to Civic).

WHY BASH ONLY SKODA?? I think all companies have their faults and strengths, but for some we have double standards of judging. We (and I mean most on this forum too) Hero Worship Honda, Toyota etc., while bash others to pulp.

I think a lot of Skoda dealers have created a major problem. This would happen with a lot of dealers who were not getting a reasonable return on their investment. This must be looked into by Skoda, and the dealers put to task accordingly.

Not all dealers are bad. Most are in fact decent (I would say the same for any car), and in it for the long term business. But crooks/rogues are everywhere.

It is these smaller/lesser known companies, even though they have a good product, who are saddled with these rogues (due to limited availability/interest of businesspersons). They also have much smaller volumes and throughput, to justify the cost they have to bear.

It's really a catch 20 situation for these companies and dealers.

But the ethics say that if you have taken a dealership or commitment, then you must justify it or fulfil it.

I think the dealer thread/section should be more active, with us providing more input (good and bad) for the other buyers to be aware of, this can help a lot in deciding the car to buy also.

No one wants service issues/headaches or dealer issues or really expensive maintenance, after spending soo much on buying a New Car.
Old 20th October 2009, 14:27   #55
BANNED

Skoda (or is it VW as a whole) are excellent cars with lousy crooked dealers, and uncaring company.
Old 20th October 2009, 14:56   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tbhp has become sort of a Skoda bashing community. Agreed there a some severe cases where the company is wrong.And then there are some very good cases of the company giving justice. But there is way too much biased going against Skoda here.
Old 20th October 2009, 15:05   #57
Senior - BHPian

The thread had me like, "another skoda gone kaput on team bhp."

Relieved that's not the case.
Old 20th October 2009, 15:51   #58
BHPian

Here we bash Skoda since the number reports is high for the amount it sells and we bash mainly the A.S.S and their management. As said by you, you are facing some suspension problem which is minor compared to what the Skoda owners are facing like gear box failure, A/C not working from day one and car stopping in the middle of the highway etc. so Skoda has high number of defects in its production i.e. defect per parts.

Last edited by Sudan_NFS : 20th October 2009 at 15:57.
Old 20th October 2009, 16:22   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The answer to that is in the post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Tbhp has become sort of a Skoda bashing community. Agreed there a some severe cases where the company is wrong.And then there are some very good cases of the company giving justice. But there is way too much biased going against Skoda here.
Skoda and Fiat alongwith Tata are favourite targets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarm@sancha View Post
I don't know why we bash only Skoda, Fiat, Tata etc. Why not Honda??

Honda has passed on its's share of lemons to a lot of persons.

Also their Civic, still has people cribbing with unresolved issues especially regarding suspension and tyre wear etc.
Because Honda is infalliable according the majority. Threads by owners regarding problems with their Hondas are ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
Here we bash Skoda since the number reports is high for the amount it sells and we bash mainly the A.S.S and their management. As said by you, you are facing some suspension problem which is minor compared to what the Skoda owners are facing like gear box failure, A/C not working from day one and car stopping in the middle of the highway etc. so Skoda has high number of defects in its production i.e. defect per parts.
Please do a search of the problems with Honda (Rajasthan), their dealers (Courtesy), problems faced by them etc. There are several cases here of serious problems with cars made by Honda (or any other car manufacturer for that matter). Likewise, there are several threads here about how Skodas, Fiats and Tatas perform perfectly well years down the line without any problem. This is not to deny that Skoda has its own set of problems particularly in the areas of dealers, corporate communications and customer relations.

For eg. see the first few page of the YetiBlog - Mumbai to Delhi in a Nano. There are so many derisive comments about Tata ignoring the fact that our daily bread is transported across the country most probably in a vehicle made by Tata. Of course, the two protaganists in the thread - finished their journey in absolute comfort and were delighted with the Nano at the end of the day - actually make it two days. Another time someone posted a rumour that some exotic (and expensive) cars were being sold cheap as most owners were totally disgusted with them. A request to pass on the details of any such owners and their cars in the market made with the intent of picking up a good car cheap was met with stony silence.
Old 20th October 2009, 16:38   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
If that were the case then the whole world might be buying only hondas and toyotas .. none of them would care to buy any other branded car .

Also , I would say that a maruti 800 is much more trouble free and requires much less maintenance than a honda civic ..

If Skoda vehicles didnt offer reliability , mileage , owner satisfaction do you think skoda would be selling the same model for more than 8 yrs since its launch ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks