Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:38   #76
BHPian

Skoda scored again !! Defenitely needs an applause..

Oh no ! Skoda hits the bullseye again........

Skoda and its dealer Marikar engineers have cheated me of Rs 10,50,000 | General Discussions | Car Forums - CarWale.com

Doubt regarding year of manufacture and CMVR Cirtificate date - Page 3 | General Discussions | Car Forums - CarWale.com

Doubt regarding year of manufacture and CMVR Cirtificate date - Page 3 | General Discussions | Car Forums - CarWale.com

Who is the next victim ?
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:02   #77
BHPian

What is the point here now ?
Are we looking at all the other automotive websites in india and dig out everything negative possible we can find and post it here to prove a point ?

Dont tell me you never bothered to see 'negative feedback' about other car manufacturers on carwale or mouthshut or consumercomplaints. You'll find them in hundreds and thousands; of equal or more gravity.

Exactly the point of biased mentality. Nuff said.
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:07   #78
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Many of the these bashing occurs as part of 'my-car-is the best' syndrome.
=============
We cannot type cast a manufacturer as 'Lemon maker' , based on some unfortunate instances while majority enjoys trouble free ownership.
Before some one bashes brand X,Y or Z car can they disclose honestly if they own and drive that brand of car?
Mods - time for some additional protocols here
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:35   #79
BHPian

Biased ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
What is the point here now ?
=======================
Exactly the point of biased mentality. Nuff said.
Nuff said it !! No comments dude !
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:36   #80
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

MKraft & Sajanpt

What's the point? - Now we are going to go to other sites to look up for negatives on Skoda to post here?

Do you own a Skoda?
Do you wish to prove that you are smarter by not owning one? or that you pity those who own one?
Trust me the guys who do actually own a skoda are going quite well for themselves and can do without the additional support of those who just comment without experiencing.
Yes validated experiences (even if of a known friend / relative) are appreciated.
Yep Maruti's are sold in that kind of numbers and any one who knows the manufacturing process QA would vouch for the fact that defects per 100 would come down significantly with every addtional 0 that we can add to the number.

Yep skoda and its dealer have erred in a few instances like Harish etc. and have also replaced cars etc in other cases.

All the skoda car owners do totally support those specific cases (like harish and a few others) where skoda has goofed up, but we do definately not appreiciate a herd mentality to go after skoda on all threads without actually experiencing it.

FRANKLY AS A SKODA CAR OWNER I DO NOT HAVE AN ISSUE IF THE FORUM ITSELF DECIDES TO BAN DISCUSSION ON SKODA AND TAKES A CALL THAT SKODA IS NOT WORTH BEING DISCUSSED ON THIS FORUM, BUT TO GO ON AND ON WITH NEGATIVES WHICH ARE REPEATED BY EACH NON OWNER ON ALL SKODA RELATED THREAD IRRESPECTIVE OF THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD IS GETTING QUITE IRRITATING.

I WELCOME A SPECIFIC THREAD DEDICTED TO THE NEGATIVE SO SKODA WHERE ALL PERSON IN PROBLEM WITH SKODA CAN POST THERE ISSUES, AND GET ADVICE, BUT FOR EVERY THEREAD TO TURN INTO A SKODA BASHING THREAD IS ABSURD.

Last edited by ACM : 23rd October 2009 at 09:39.
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:45   #81
BANNED

A real surprise. I saw on the Autocar Show that someone had raised a question about the Laura having a service / oil change interval of 7500km while the identical drive train equipped VW had it at 15000km.

The answer was that 'S' were being conservative and have increased the interval to 15000km now.

What beats me is that oils have been capable of lasting for a year /10000miles ever since API-SF. So the issue if any must be either in poor engines or greed of the car makers.

Where do they pull out the service interval numbers (a dealers caucus I guess). I heard that recently Honda have also increased the oil change interval on the Civic from 5000km to 10000km. I hear that the practice of making the standard warranty from 2 to 2+2 where +2 is for the drive train only in most cases must also be part fo the dealer/vendor welfare scheme. Now you must follow the schedule for 4 years. May I ask how many low mileage (say under 15000 a year) cars you know of which had a drive train failure in four years or less?
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:53   #82
BHPian

No offences !

Don't understand why people take things personally while writing in a forum. Hmmm

BTW, I sold my Octavia and am the proud owner of 2 Chevy's

Chill it out dudes !!
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:03   #83
BHPian

@ACM, Please don't take it so personally.Why do we pose as brand ambassadors for these brands, when they take the customer for granted.Did it ever occur to you that Skoda might be actually reading this thread?If they do so we want them to know that their Brand name is going down the drain with every complaint posted.It is high time that they put their act together and did something about it.This will only do good in the long run.But if we defend them they will feel that they can carry on with their business assuming that Indians do not have the faintest idea about consumer rights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
MKraft & Sajanpt

What's the point? - Now we are going to go to other sites to look up for negatives on Skoda to post here?

Do you own a Skoda?
Do you wish to prove that you are smarter by not owning one? or that you pity those who own one?
Trust me the guys who do actually own a skoda are going quite well for themselves and can do without the additional support of those who just comment without experiencing.
Yes validated experiences (even if of a known friend / relative) are appreciated.
Yep Maruti's are sold in that kind of numbers and any one who knows the manufacturing process QA would vouch for the fact that defects per 100 would come down significantly with every addtional 0 that we can add to the number.

Yep skoda and its dealer have erred in a few instances like Harish etc. and have also replaced cars etc in other cases.

All the skoda car owners do totally support those specific cases (like harish and a few others) where skoda has goofed up, but we do definately not appreiciate a herd mentality to go after skoda on all threads without actually experiencing it.

FRANKLY AS A SKODA CAR OWNER I DO NOT HAVE AN ISSUE IF THE FORUM ITSELF DECIDES TO BAN DISCUSSION ON SKODA AND TAKES A CALL THAT SKODA IS NOT WORTH BEING DISCUSSED ON THIS FORUM, BUT TO GO ON AND ON WITH NEGATIVES WHICH ARE REPEATED BY EACH NON OWNER ON ALL SKODA RELATED THREAD IRRESPECTIVE OF THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD IS GETTING QUITE IRRITATING.

I WELCOME A SPECIFIC THREAD DEDICTED TO THE NEGATIVE SO SKODA WHERE ALL PERSON IN PROBLEM WITH SKODA CAN POST THERE ISSUES, AND GET ADVICE, BUT FOR EVERY THEREAD TO TURN INTO A SKODA BASHING THREAD IS ABSURD.
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:13   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheelburnin View Post
@ACM, Please don't take it so personally.Why do we pose as brand ambassadors for these brands, when they take the customer for granted.Did it ever occur to you that Skoda might be actually reading this thread?If they do so we want them to know that their Brand name is going down the drain with every complaint posted.It is high time that they put their act together and did something about it.This will only do good in the long run.But if we defend them they will feel that they can carry on with their business assuming that Indians do not have the faintest idea about consumer rights.
The point is in 'being fair'.
Answer is in ACM's post itself
Quote:
'All the skoda car owners do totally support those specific cases (like harish and a few others) where skoda has goofed up, but we do definately not appreiciate a herd mentality to go after skoda on all threads without actually experiencing it.' .
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:19   #85
BHPian

This post came in right now

This post came in right now!

A similar issue is posted at Year of manufacture issue

CN Jithesh/ Calicut / MARIKAR (MOTORS) LTD:
“I booked a Skoda Octavia Ambiente 1.9 TDi from MARIKAR (MOTORS) LTD calicut on Sept 5th 2009 05/09/09 and got delivered on 17/09/09 .When i look at the delivery time there are some damaged parts on the car which the manager guaranteed to replace the damaged Parts at the First service . According to the The Form 21 (Sale latter ) issued to me the manufacturing date of the car was January 2009 . I was surprised how there is an 8 month delay but the manager at MARIKAR MOTORS LTD, Calicut convinced me by saying that there will be some delay for this kind
of premium vehicles. I accepted and took the delivery.

After 7 days when i went to RTO to register my car they find out that the car was made in 2008 from the VIN (Chasis number) and ask me to provide the Year decoder for VIN of skoda or CUT OFF Chassis as proof that this vechile is Manufactured in 2008 . Chassis/VIN: TMBCGH1U88A009754
Engine No: ALHE25966.

When I contacted the dealer they told that they cannot provide any of the things asked by RTO , you have to proceed only with the sale latter given by the dealer. Now my vehicle is kept at home, unregistered.

When I checked the Glass and the tyres it is clearly mentioned that the make was 2008 . With all the evidence now I strongly believe that I have been cheated by MARIKAR (MOTORS) LTD, Calicut and Skoda .I had lots of trust on the brand when i booked the car.

Please let me know what are the legal procedures for cheating me"
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:00   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKRAFT View Post
This post came in right now!

A similar issue is posted at Year of manufacture issue

CN Jithesh/ Calicut / MARIKAR (MOTORS) LTD:
“I booked a Skoda Octavia Ambiente 1.9 TDi from MARIKAR (MOTORS) LTD calicut on Sept 5th 2009 05/09/09 and got delivered on 17/09/09 .When i look at the delivery time there are some damaged parts on the car which the manager guaranteed to replace the damaged Parts at the First service . According to the The Form 21 (Sale latter ) issued to me the manufacturing date of the car was January 2009 . I was surprised how there is an 8 month delay but the manager at MARIKAR MOTORS LTD, Calicut convinced me by saying that there will be some delay for this kind
of premium vehicles. I accepted and took the delivery.

After 7 days when i went to RTO to register my car they find out that the car was made in 2008 from the VIN (Chasis number) and ask me to provide the Year decoder for VIN of skoda or CUT OFF Chassis as proof that this vechile is Manufactured in 2008 . Chassis/VIN: TMBCGH1U88A009754
Engine No: ALHE25966.

When I contacted the dealer they told that they cannot provide any of the things asked by RTO , you have to proceed only with the sale latter given by the dealer. Now my vehicle is kept at home, unregistered.

When I checked the Glass and the tyres it is clearly mentioned that the make was 2008 . With all the evidence now I strongly believe that I have been cheated by MARIKAR (MOTORS) LTD, Calicut and Skoda .I had lots of trust on the brand when i booked the car.

Please let me know what are the legal procedures for cheating me"
Why did he accept the vehicle which had defective parts to start with ? No PDI done I guess. Hope this is rectified as a part of warranty.

Also, vehicle manufacturing year is clearly etched at a number of places on the vehicle. All he had to do was open up the bonnet and glance at the engine, before taking delivery. You dont always need VIN # for this.

Not good on Marikar's part of not informing this in advance, but not many people talk about vehicle manufacturing date always, unfortunately.

Unless he has formal and clear documented proof that the dealer invoiced him for a 2009 manufactured model, he doesn't have much of a case here. Does Form 21 (Sale letter) qualify as one ? Sad.
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:51   #87
BANNED

Quote:
MKraft & Sajanpt

ACM, Kindly don't take things personally. This is a public discussion forum and every member is entitled to his/her opinion. If the individual has picked up valid information from another site and has pasted it here, it only helps prospective buyers in reassessing their choice. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
Please note that its not necessary only well to do people who can throw money needs to buy a skoda. I know a couple of driving enthusiasts who saved up to get the octavia for the sheer fun of driving it. Again it doesn't matter if you can do well for yourself or not, what matters most is the attitude of this particular brand despite so many cheating cases coming to light.

Quote:
This is well said, 1 in 10 failing sounds bad against 1000 in 1L - Again no point comparing maruthi to a skoda. They play in different leagues & maruthi can never make good interiors like skoda do - can we compare that ?? :-)

Quote:

As i had quoted a couple of times earlier, regardless of the dealer error or manufacturer error, it wouldn't matter to the end customer. He shells out a good 15L for a decent car and peace of mind and not run around

The point is quiet simple. People who want to post negative reviews should indeed think twice and post it only if its really relevant to that thread. At the same time if some one posts his opinion he is entitled to what he is posting, It would rather be welcome to counter it with valid points than flaming up. We know that Skoda / its dealership has been sucking high time for quiet a while. So why flog the dead horse. Kind request to mods to rein in such unwelcome bashups and counter bashups.

Last edited by srikanths1 : 23rd October 2009 at 16:01.
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:53   #88
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Srikant,

My post were not a flare up, but actually had if you notice a lot of counter points. Yep in a public forum anyone can state anything, but within certain boundaries. Have seen a lot of Rediff chains going completely out of hand due to comments that should not be on particular chains.

Have said what I wished to on the previous post itself, and have no more to say, but writing this since the previous post address me specifically.

What I was pointing to specifically is that too many persons who have not really experienced a Skoda (gone bad) are commenting about it in a universal discounted mode, and that is a feeling a lot of the skoda owner on the thread are getting (not just me.)

Certain things can be commented about even from watching but certain things need to be experienced. The skoda owners all of them universally condem the erronious acts that skoda has done to harish and a few others, but do not welcome a herd mentality go skoda bashing on all threads irrespective of the topic of the thread. Have seen this mentality even in threads that were speaking about positive aspects of skoda, aimed purely at dementing the brand.
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:20   #89
BHPian

to add -
Look at this thread itself for an example.
Where did it start and where has it gone ? Started off for an Octavia offer going on at the start of the year, and now it is where it is !

How were post # 52 & 53 relevant and necessary to be posted in this old thread at all ?
(With those subjects having separate dedicated threads.)

It is an attempt to flag a point across all over the place.
Old 24th October 2009, 12:01   #90
BANNED

Not only on the Skoda threads , but i have seen a lot of threads where most of them exhibit herd mentality .

Most of the posts are either irrelevant or not useful to the OP and I am sure , if someone takes the pains of starting a thread with something specific in mind , I see that some of them psoting hijack the thread , some of them cant even understand what the problem or the question is , but answer and most of the answers are hillarious .. for example

Q :My brakes have a rubbery feeling
Ans 1 : change the break pedal rubber
Ans 2 : change the tires to xyz brand . They are the hardest tyres money can buy
Ans 3 : Try xyz tuner .. he is the best in the business . He will modify the engine so that the engine has more breaking power
Ans 4 : Get more power headlights so that you can blind the oncoming traffic in the nights even if your car does not break optimally .
Ans 5: The particular car has handling problems ( xyz brand ) and posts quite a few links from different sources to reiterate his post ( but the guy who has posted would not even own or driven the car .
and from the last post ... the links do the work , the thread goes haywire and the OP does not get a solution .

When a OP does not get a solution he will may be post or start a couple of threads and finally end up quitting the site and may be even spread around a bad work about the site .

Similarly , I dont see constructive criticism happening . How do you think a Skoda official( most of them who think skoda/xyz manufacturer officials visit the threads) see the point in over a 100 or 200 posts which contain nothing , but a reheotric of abuses ? I find this line of thought particularly lame .

I have seen a lot of posts about DSG gearboxes( i take this as an example ) , but how many of them know what a DSG box is ? Ok , a few know it has 2 clutches , but I dont think most of them even know how the Gb works ,but keep posting that VW worldwide has problems with the GB .. period .

I still have a few more points to list out , but may be i will try post sometime later .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks