Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2005, 12:37   #16
BHPian

Sales after Advance booking ? "yeh kuch hazam nahi huva" !!

Do you thing guys people will do advance booking for this car and buy ?
Old 5th May 2005, 13:38   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Well the GTX was just too before its time.
With the launch of the GETZ and Fusion, the indian car scene finally seems ready for the relaunch of the GTX.
Old 5th May 2005, 13:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Well the GTX was just too before its time.
With the launch of the GETZ and Fusion, the indian car scene finally seems ready for the relaunch of the GTX.
Exactly. The very idea that the hatch can perform as good as a sedan in terms of handling, acceleration, etc was not taken well by the masses. Also, the fact that the FE was less as compared to the other "similar" looking cars in "that" category went against that. Ofcourse, Fiat goofed up big time. Well, all these things were against it. Now, even with the launch of Swift and Getz, GTX retains its USP of 1.6 litre engine. Fusion is far too costlier than GTX. Swift 1.6 is yet to come. No idea about Getz 1.6 yet. Looks like this is an oppurtune moment to relaunch GTX. But Fiat? .... That is the big question mark.
Old 5th May 2005, 13:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

One more question? Will the GTX be face-lifted aka the one in Brazil or will it have the same face as my Palio (the present one)?
Old 5th May 2005, 14:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
One more question? Will the GTX be face-lifted aka the one in Brazil or will it have the same face as my Palio (the present one)?
Let's hope it is the new one. The man on the street would not be able to tell the difference from the existing Palio if Fiat relaunched the old GTX.
Old 5th May 2005, 15:07   #21
BHPian

off topic, but one mroe thing which Fiat seems to have missed doing is to get the new facelift done in 2004 to the Palio to India (launched in Brazil etc) ..I was looking forward to the new look and it could have swayed my decision regarding the car.
In the mean while most of its competitors (Indica, WagonR & Zen) got a facelift!

As regards the GTX there will always be a niche market for it with the enthusiasts (and the rich) and it can very well take on the Getz/Swift with the new looks.
Fusion (although I like the car) is out of the race IMO since its price is too steep.
Old 5th May 2005, 15:44   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

The Palio still remmains one of the best looking cars in the indian market.
Maybe they could have designed the Petra with a new look face and interiors and launched it but then it would have become too expensive.
But we would still pay 50K extra for better interiors though.
Old 5th May 2005, 15:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

I also read in paliousersindia yahoogroup that Palio Adventure is back with a 6.75 onroad price tag at Bangalore. Dont ask me whether they have already started selling it or not. I sent a mail to Sundaram asking details of GTX if launched, but so far no reply. Typical Fiat :-)
Old 5th May 2005, 16:41   #24
BHPian

I clarified again with Sunil Jomraj at Anuroop. The Adventure will be on-road for 6.08 in Mumbai. So 6.75 in Banglore seems about right, I guess.

I am just w-a- i- t- i- n- g to check that out. Of course along with the re-introduced GTX now. :-)

come to think of it, with the re-introduction of the GTX and the Adventure, and the Petra 1.2, FIAT will have an all round product base catering to every specific need and application in the B/B+ and C segment, which i believe is terrific.

i just hope they have a decent marketing campaign to make people aware that they are bouncing back, and that they have this yummy line-up of automobiles on offer.

Last edited by hell_rider : 5th May 2005 at 16:43.
Old 5th May 2005, 16:49   #25
BHPian

Makes sense now. The adventure is a beautiful car and well built too. But some had a gripe that the interiors were the same as the palio which was priced as low as 4L hopefully if Fiat can upgrade the interioir a bit maybe offer a higher quality interior trim then the adventure should be a definite winner.

Even the diesel adventure is good. I test drove both the cars and the comfort and ride quality is a notch above all other comparable cars. The only gripe at that time was the price. Now that is also fixed i think.
Old 5th May 2005, 17:07   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Priced at 6.08, lets hope the Adventure can jump start the estate car market.
Why didnt they launch it before we bought the lancer.
Old 5th May 2005, 17:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Priced at 6.08, lets hope the Adventure can jump start the estate car market.
The Indigo Marina has already LONG jumpstarted the estate car market
Old 5th May 2005, 18:31   #28
BHPian

So what's New about this?.. Old wine in the new bottle

Palio had 1.6 GTX earlier, they are reintroducing it.., Except for few enthusiasts in team-bhp, I dont know any one who are waiting for this launch (Sorry no offence meant)..

Petra (Siena ) had a 1.2 EL earlier, they are reintroducing it..

I say What the hell.. If they didnot sell it then, I am sure they wont sell it now..
Old 5th May 2005, 18:47   #29

Agreed that Palio gtx is great car...but i somehow dont understand the stratergy of "FIAT" ....they scrap out a very good car....then again get back the car..cos they'r down the drain..this makes no sense cos getting a car back in production is costly affair..and wid the limited resources of fiat....they'r gonna make gtx work AGAIN
Old 5th May 2005, 19:03   #30
BHPian

@ rookie and shankranand: Fiat is not doing it delibrately. They made a mistake when they launched the GTX in a market that was not mature enough to accpet such a car. They paid heavily for it and are now trying to consolidate their position (after the management change??? )

The Palio Sienna and the Adventure are their flag ship models. And when they are trying to regain lost ground its only those cars they would re-launch. They have learnt heavily from their misakes and should (hopefully) do well.

They might as well launch the Uno to take the battle to alto and zen. Afterall everyone wants a share of all the segments is it not?

Most Viewed