Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2005, 22:00   #1
BHPian

Palio GTX back in production

Guys

Fiat dealer called me up today and told me that fiat was relaunching the palio GTX in Sports trim and also there will be a SP version in ferrari red... But unfortunately i'm in the process of finalising a deal for a 2001 37,000kms run vtec for arround 5l otherwise I would have defanitely gone in for it. Looks like Fiat wants to retain the Hot hatch title even after swift's launch...

Solomon
Old 4th May 2005, 22:03   #2
BHPian

Are there any specification changes that you know off. GTX was available on order but re-launch is a good move... we have already starting seeing people willing to spend more these days.
Old 4th May 2005, 22:08   #3
BHPian

The dealer was talking something about advance booking etc.. I don't think there will be change in spec.
Old 4th May 2005, 22:22   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If this is true....long live Indias hottest hatch!

Nishant, the Palio 1.6 was not available on order since a long time now. They were all only rumours.

GTO
Old 4th May 2005, 23:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

hi solly
dont mind,could u give me the name of the guy who said that pls,i called abt a week asking abt it and the servicing costs,most of them didnt have a clue.

and the city u buying up?a self owned or one of the 2nd hand car dealers in hyd?
Old 4th May 2005, 23:37   #6
BHPian

His name is RamMurthy, its the showroom in hyderabad close to Begumpet.. What do you thing of me deciding on a used 2001 vtec over a new Palio 1.6? Both of them will cost me the same and will give nice company to my dad's Mondeo Petrol!!!
Old 5th May 2005, 09:38   #7
BHPian

Great news Need to change gear ratios 1 and 2 for hyderabad.

Solly vtech history, That too 2001 (unless shan2u comes and beat the crap out of me ) go for Gtx it is what we want on hyderabadi roads. take Some advice from shan2u and harrie.

Addix did you check out that yellow gtx for sale near begumpet 2 weeks back, it sachins edition for 3.2lks. the owner says its under 15 k kms(which the odo shows) but that beast has been beaten up properly, I see oil on the lower arms of suspension and tyres have worn out. Drove it and didnt find horses with in 3000 rpm. But where do we hit 6000 in hyderabad in 3 gear??

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 5th May 2005 at 09:49.
Old 5th May 2005, 11:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

Some news this is!! Should start collecting enough cash to trade in my 1.2 with the GTX. GTX Yellow or Red just rocks!!
Old 5th May 2005, 11:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

hi solly
my heart says the vtec.gimme some more details and will give u my exact descion.tell me one thing is it from the owner or some "car consultant"

plus the adv you will have is better resale over the gtx and a bigger car.

i posted abt an used gtx,check up abt that,it was in a good condition

ps:the begumpet one is the only fiat showroom in hyd.

heard abt that car vulken.
so didnt go to check it out.
dude necklace road or kbr park roads are the best places at late nites around 2 am ish

police checks go on till 1 am,so get out only after that(thats what i do)

since the discussion has gone off topic.moderators pls kindly change the heading.
thx
Old 5th May 2005, 11:16   #10
BHPian

Guys can we verify this with a FIAT dealer first? Maybe Anuroop or some one in bombay? Can some one in bombay do this?

Of course this means that my next car will also be a GTX preferably in Red
Old 5th May 2005, 11:58   #11
Senior - BHPian

Just called the dealer in Mumbai - Anuroop. Sunil, the guy I contacted confirmed the news kind of. But he said that Fiat would first launch the Adventure, then the Petra in a 1.2 trim and the GTX around Diwali. He said that he would call up Fiat and find out and then let me know. So lets see. But given Fiat's track record with statements ....
Old 5th May 2005, 12:12   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Allright.
Looks like they are taking my advice (i have sent the same mail to 3 guys there).
Now they only need to market their cars aggressively.
Specially their VFM models such as Palio 1.2, 1.6, Petra 1.2, 1.6.
Solly go for a GTX.
We have on and its simply awesome.
Old 5th May 2005, 12:27   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

How difficult would it be for a company to launch a car that it already manufactures, with an engine that it already offers in another current car. Its not like they discontinue the 1.6 liter engine.

Beside, the 1.6 GTX would be a born again machine.

GTO
Old 5th May 2005, 12:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

Sunil from Anuroop just called. He has contacted Fiat and says that production of the cars has begun. It should be available from this month end. Pricing and colour details will be known next week it seems.
Old 5th May 2005, 12:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
How difficult would it be for a company to launch a car that it already manufactures, with an engine that it already offers in another current car. Its not like they discontinue the 1.6 liter engine.

Beside, the 1.6 GTX would be a born again machine.

GTO
Besides, how difficult is it for a company to change it's image and be a bit more pro-active? Especially when it can? LOL. Sorry I could not resist this one, but Fiat has to do more than make good cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks