Team-BHP - Varying insurance rates for a new car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Varying insurance rates for a new car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/54220-varying-insurance-rates-new-car.html)

I had a really nice surprise while booking Linea. The insurance was quoted as Rs. 23570 (somewhere in that range). Then I told them that I would buy my own insurance just because I am getting 35% discount from Bajaj Allianz (which amounts to Rs 19556). Well I must admit this huge difference was a news to me in first place. But guess what..The dealer's insurance lady told me that (New India insurance I guess) they can match Bajaj Allianz's figure without any compromise. I was like WOWclap:. But then came the killer. She said that they can even give me Rs 500 further discount. So finally I am paying about 4.5K less for my new vehicle.

I have double checked with Showroom guys that this discount does not any catch (like decreciating car value etc)

I never knew these insurance guys can be negotiated with for so much returns (for new car purchase)

Anybody with similer exp?

Just wanted to let everybody know that such thing happens. (If this is a normal case then pardon my unawareness regarding insurance:))

Yes, I had a similar experience while getting my Fiesta. Showroom guy quoted for 23K with Bajaj Allianz where as Reliance (one of friend works there) quoted for 19K with 3K cash back!! I argued with Showroom person and he talked to Bajaj allianz manager and he offered for 19k (no cash back). Ultimately, i went for Reliance.

I'm sure they would do some adjustments in the fine print of your insurance. There could be some clauses changed, like it might be a sort of insurance that lies midway between third party and full insurance. I have heard this from Maruti Insurance folks who also work out so called deals for their customers.

I did when i bought Magnum, so got a better deal from ICICI lombard, and got even better deal from TATA AIG while i renewed the insurance poclity. during the renewal i paid around 2k less and also got 2 holiday packages free from TATA AIG.

would it be possible to use the no claim bonus of a previous car when i buy a new one, assuming i still keep the old car. I got 6 years of non claim from my hatch, which means substantial money if i book a new car now?

Looks like a no claim bonus. THere is a thread on this subject somewhere here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHorse (Post 1191349)

I never knew these insurance guys can be negotiated with for so much returns (for new car purchase)

It's not only for new cars it's even for the old ones, its something the agents have discretion over and they can give it to you without any deductions or change in policy.

Have them on all our cars. 30% discount from Bajaj Allianz.

And no this is not No Claim Bonus.

Nowadays, standard 20% discount is usually factored in by most dealers in any case. But you should and try and bargain for more. They may go upto 30% without a murmur, 40% with lots of pushing. Not heard of 45% yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyWalker (Post 1191596)
would it be possible to use the no claim bonus of a previous car when i buy a new one, assuming i still keep the old car. I got 6 years of non claim from my hatch, which means substantial money if i book a new car now?

I am not sure about second car, but if you trade-in your car, then you can transfer that car NCB to new one. In some cases it would be like 50%, it's very good savings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHorse (Post 1191349)
I had a really nice surprise while booking Linea. The insurance was quoted as Rs. 23570 (somewhere in that range). Then I told them that I would buy my own insurance just because I am getting 35% discount from Bajaj Allianz (which amounts to Rs 19556). Well I must admit this huge difference was a news to me in first place. But guess what..The dealer's insurance lady told me that (New India insurance I guess) they can match Bajaj Allianz's figure without any compromise. I was like WOWclap:. But then came the killer. She said that they can even give me Rs 500 further discount. So finally I am paying about 4.5K less for my new vehicle.

I have double checked with Showroom guys that this discount does not any catch (like decreciating car value etc)

Anybody with similer exp?

Just wanted to let everybody know that such thing happens. (If this is a normal case then pardon my unawareness regarding insurance:))

35% discount on 23900/- makes it 15900/-

now do one thing, go to Reliance general insurance site and put up a mail on contact us, some fellow will call you after 2 days the Reliance people will offer the same insurance for 14500/- , and reliance as I have heard is good on claims settlement

I got it for my linea petrol active