Team-BHP - The most popular car brand amongst India's online community is Hyundai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The most popular car brand amongst India's online community is Hyundai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5434-most-popular-car-brand-amongst-indias-online-community-hyundai.html)

So says AC Nielsen's global online consumer survey on car ownership. Here's the report.

Coupled with the news that Santro sold 13000+ cars in April, this is an icing on cake for Hyundai

Didnt Hyundai have an ad campaign claiming that its customers are the most computer friendly (among other things)?

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Didnt Hyundai have an ad campaign claiming that its customers are the most computer friendly (among other things)?

GTO

True. They actually ran an ad campaign that said that more Santro owners own computers and go abroad than owners of cars like Wagon-R, Zen, Indica etc.

Revv

In my opinion that was a useless campaign.

What were they trying to prove? That if you buy a Hyundai, you would go abroad?

Or is it that people who buy Hyundai are the ones who are computer literate and travel abroad frequently?

I still can't figure out what were they trying to say...?

Come on we are here to sell a car. One might come up with an ad campaign that people who own so and so brand park their vehicle under stilt parking. Hows that? Anybody listening? Hyundai?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock 'n' rollz
In my opinion that was a useless campaign.

yeah i guess so ...if u buy a hyundai you would go abroad..coz u wud be spared from driving a hyundai here :D and go and drive awesome cars abroad hehehe

seriously speaking though Hyundai is a company that has its ears on the pulse of the indian car buyer and provides what he wants....which is what all car buyers look for isnt it ??

cheers

Also they had some special offer on the Santro 3.03 lacs or something for the Santro for a week that caused a lot of bookings for them..

@ NC but their cars dont perform so well in terms of performance i mean acceleration and speed.. he he which enthusiasts look at..

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO

GTO

No wonder it is the most popular...
But if they took a poll out here on T-BHP, there is no guessing who will win (for newbies, its FIAT or HONDA or SKODA.. my bet is FIAT though.)

this should put a smile on our friend korea's face!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
But if they took a poll out here on T-BHP, there is no guessing who will win

Yeah they will win all negative votes out here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock 'n' rollz

Well what they implied was smarter people buy Hyundai (Assuming that people who use computers are smarter :-), which I believe is a fundamentally wrong assumption at least in my case :)).

lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
But if they took a poll out here on T-BHP, there is no guessing who will win (for newbies, its FIAT or HONDA or SKODA.. my bet is FIAT though.)

If it is Fiat, it would mean that this site is out of touch with reality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revvmaster
more Santro owners own computers and go abroad than owners of cars like Wagon-R, Zen, Indica etc.

Revv

Is this the reason the Hyundai marketing guy said that it is a owner's pride to have own an Hyundai Santro compared to Maruti