Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2009, 09:18   #16
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Must be misinterpretation of the 165/R14 JK tyres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Well i feel that the breaking is a little weak in swift compared to Palio and Getz. But never heard anyone that had a break failure.
Braking must be a bit scary on stock JK tyres. I changed mine to 195/60/R15 Michelins. Braking has improved, obviously, but still not that confident and great.
Recently did 80-0 in really really less space, she did stop cleanly, no locks nothing. But im not too confident braking her hard and avoid last moment brakes as far as possible.
Old 3rd March 2009, 09:20   #17
BHPian

Personaly i own a 2 Swift VXi ABS, So far i have driven 26K / 22K , never faced any issue regarding the braking in both. I am sure this would be a rumor or to specific batch depending on nature of the problem.
Old 3rd March 2009, 09:24   #18
BHPian

Swift is a good car no wait its a really good car, the numbers speak for themselves. Generalising such a big failure is something of a contradiction. I know a couple of friends and family who own Swift, both petrol and Diesel, never heard of such a problem before.
Old 3rd March 2009, 09:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Stock tyre is first culprit with tyre upgrades its much better but Swift's brakes don't give confidence. I am telling this having owned Swift vxi for 10 months/11000km.

People complain about Swift brakes I they owned other cars like from Hyundai, GM, Ford etc..

People who owned Maruti cars and then Swift don't complain because they don't have taste of other car's ability.

Its very simple logic.

Maruti and TATA products lacks good quality control so chances of brakes failure is possible. But remember its machine so even premium car's brakes might fail.

So we cant come to conclusion that Swift has poor brakes or prone to brake failure. But its not best!

Ravi.
Old 3rd March 2009, 09:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

I have driven a swift petrol extensively, the one with ABS. Never had a problem with braking, in fact, i find the brakes very effective!
Old 3rd March 2009, 09:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

No issues at all here. I drive a Swift Zxi (with ABS) running 205 section tyres. I've had to do quite a few panic-braking sessions, recently one from close to 100kmph on the highway. The car stops quickly enough and without any drama.

As the other posters have pointed out, the "braking issue" must be with the thin stock tyres.
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

I have an AMD processor that overheats. This does not mean all AMD Processors are bad.

This news is raised by rival companies and nothing else. And for this news will be all over within no time considering it is on TBHP.
Stay away from rumors.

I suggest mods DELETE this thread. No proof from even a reasonably expert person in automotive field as source of this information. A joke for sure.

And even with 165 tyres, Swift is the one that can stop with less drama and brakes are upto the job.
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

I agree Brakes on Swift are great. I have seen people driving behind me screech to a halt after a hard braking on Swift. Some of the minor bumper hits have happened because of good swift brakes and not so good brakes of cars that were following me. I too have a 165 profile tyres which have already run 35 K kms. still the braking distance for swift is decent.
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:21   #24
BHPian

Braking is not best in the class, but they are good.
Never heard of brake failure.
I drive a Swift DZire.

These are just rumors.
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

If there are no hard numbers (100-0 distance etc.,), there is no reason to speculate. In short time there will be posts damning Maruti and SX4 like.

Where is the thread starter hiding? Can you please answer some questions raised?

Last edited by srishiva : 3rd March 2009 at 10:35.
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:38   #26
BANNED

Of late, each time the vehicle (Swift Vxi) makes a tight turn, or needs to slow down right away, I can hear screeching noises, which is pretty loud from inside as well as outside the cabin.

What could the issue be? Brakes, tires (am running stock JK tires), both..?
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:41   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
Of late, each time the vehicle (Swift Vxi) makes a tight turn, or needs to slow down right away, I can hear screeching noises, which is pretty loud from inside as well as outside the cabin.

What could the issue be? Brakes, tires (am running stock JK tires), both..?
Thats definitely a tire issue.
Original JK tyres are pathetic.
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

hmmm... one thing that clearly stands out here is that the car has poor braking on stock tyres. Maybe not a brake failure, but poor braking nonetheless.
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:53   #29
BANNED

So, if I put new tires, will that resolve the breaking noise completely?
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:57   #30
Team-BHP Support

Do not reject the swift coz of brakes is all I will say. All is hogwash.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks