Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2009, 19:30   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
A friend of mine got a reply from Fiat "Ceodesk" regarding launch date and color options and tells me the following:

1. The GP is due for launch "very shortly". They're 'working on the launch now' as per the mail.
2. "Solid red" color will not be available
3. Pearl White and Azure Blue will be 2 of the color options to be launched
Like Linea GP is getting its share of rumours in abundance. I will wait for an official announcement now.
Old 6th March 2009, 19:33   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A friend of mine got a reply from Fiat "Ceodesk" regarding launch date and color options and tells me the following:

1. The GP is due for launch "very shortly". They're 'working on the launch now' as per the mail.
2. "Solid red" color will not be available
3. Pearl White and Azure Blue will be 2 of the color options to be launched
what about "New Orleans blue"? That is one of the standard colors for Grande Punto.
I had written through CEO corner asking about engine options long back, but haven't got a reply.
Old 6th March 2009, 19:36   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
what about "New Orleans blue"? That is one of the standard colors for Grande Punto.
I had written through CEO corner asking about engine options long back, but haven't got a reply.
No idea about that color. I'll try and post the reply here once he comes online.
Old 7th March 2009, 10:45   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Like Linea GP is getting its share of rumours in abundance. I will wait for an official announcement now.
Not a rumour! Here you go - the actual reply from 'ceodesk':

Dear Abhishek,
Thank you very much for such wonderful words. We would try to work on your suggestions as inputs for our future plans. As for the Solid Red Colour, we are not planning to launch it right now. We do plan to have two new colours though, one being the Pearl White and the Azure blue.
Grande Punto is due very shortly. We are all working towards the launch of this car now.

Regards,
Rajeev Kapoor

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th March 2009 at 16:55. Reason: Please see the Announcements section about the [font] etc tags
Old 7th March 2009, 12:17   #50
BHPian

Hey so Azure blue is for Linea or GP?
If its planned for GP .. then as the dye is available it can be used for Linea also ... hope they launch the Azure Linea soon.
Old 7th March 2009, 13:08   #51
Senior - BHPian

Forget the colours. I do hope that Fiat is working on bringing the GP with bigger engines as a hot hatch. I hope they realise that they are, till date, the only company in India to have given us a proper hot hatch and that hot hatch has given them a lot of dedicated and loyal fans. Bring the car with a 1.6 MJD and a 1.4 T-Jet mated to a 6 speed M/T. Very few of these cars will sell but at least Fiat will continue to be the torch bearer of the hot hatch segment in India.

So strong has the Palio GTX effect been that it's getting difficult imagining a Fiat hatch that doesn't have performance that can shame a few sedans. I hope Fiat doesn't crash and crush our hopes.

PS: I know that the Fusion also came with a 100bhp motor with very good handling and steering. The Corsa tried with a 92bhp motor too but somehow none of these cars could come to the Palio GTX level of devotion among driving enthusiasts. The biggest Fiat critic acknowledges that the GTX is a true driving machine. Don't disappoint us Fiat. At least get a Grande Punto GTX in 2010!
Old 7th March 2009, 18:36   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The biggest Fiat critic acknowledges that the GTX is a true driving machine. Don't disappoint us Fiat. At least get a Grande Punto GTX in 2010!
Absolutely agreed! My grouse with FIAT is that they are not providing people like me an upgrade path. Why am I required to migrate to a different manufacturer? Why can't they provide me a hot FIAT I can upgrade to?
Old 7th March 2009, 22:02   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not a rumour! Here you go - the actual reply from 'ceodesk':

Dear Abhishek,
Thank you very much for such wonderful words. We would try to work on your suggestions as inputs for our future plans. As for the Solid Red Colour, we are not planning to launch it right now. We do plan to have two new colours though, one being the Pearl White and the Azure blue.
Grande Punto is due very shortly. We are all working towards the launch of this car now.

Regards,
Rajeev Kapoor
what i can interpret from the reply is
1)2 new colors for Linea not GP,
2)GP is coming soon
Old 7th March 2009, 22:37   #54
Senior - BHPian

i like the azure blue and red in this pic with other color options.

take your pick.
Attached Thumbnails
Grande Punto Test Car Pics-dsc00334.jpg  

Grande Punto Test Car Pics-dsc00333.jpg  

Grande Punto Test Car Pics-dsc00330.jpg  

Old 7th March 2009, 22:40   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
i like the azure blue in this pic
Isn't that the New Orleans Blue?
Old 7th March 2009, 22:45   #56
Senior - BHPian

you guessed it right, its the new orleans blue in the pic and the color shade card on the extreme bottom left.
Old 7th March 2009, 22:49   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
what i can interpret from the reply is
1)2 new colors for Linea not GP,
2)GP is coming soon
1. His query was regarding the solid red color for the GP specifically - if the GP would be launced in that color to which he got that answer that there will be 2 new colors - white n azure blue but no solid red.

2. Yeah I hope so! the reply surely makes it sound like its just a month or so away hopefully.
Old 8th March 2009, 01:11   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
PS: I know that the Fusion also came with a 100bhp motor with very good handling and steering. The Corsa tried with a 92bhp motor too but somehow none of these cars could come to the Palio GTX level of devotion among driving enthusiasts!
Getz already is a 110 bhp hatch
Old 8th March 2009, 06:03   #59
Senior - BHPian

Azure blue looks smashing.
Old 8th March 2009, 10:26   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Getz already is a 110 bhp hatch
Yes but it's gone the Fusion and Corsa way. Think hot hatch, performance hatch and the Palio GTX comes to mind. This, despite Hyundai's better image and A.S.S in India compared to Fiat.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed