Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 10:59   #91
BHPian

The new Brazilian Punto! Damn, will we ever get this?

Punto T-Jet Technical Specifications

Engine: turbocharged with fixed geometry IHI RFH3, 16 valves
No. of cylinders: 4
Arrangement: in line, front transverse
Capacity (cc): 1368
Power output: 152 bhp at 5,500 rpm
Maximum torque: 21.1 kgm @ 2,250 rpm
Steering: dualdrive electric power steering
Transmission: 5 speed gearbox
Front suspension: independent MacPherson type, telescopic dampers, anti-roll bar with small con rods and spherical joint; Rear suspension: torsion axle, telescopic hydraulic dampers
Front brakes: ventilated discs, diameter 284 mm; Rear brakes: discs, diameter 251 mm
Wheels: 17” aluminium alloy rim; Tyres: 205/50 R17”
Dimensions: Wheelbase (mm): 2501: Front track (mm): 1471; Rear track: 1467; Length (mm): 4030; Width (mm): 1687; Height (mm): 1505
Luggage capacity (dm3): 280
Fuel tank capacity (litres): 60
Fuel consumption: Urban cycle (km/litres): 12.3; Extra-urban cycle (km/litres): 16.4
Performance: Top speed: 203 km/h; Acceleration 0-100 km/h: 8.4 sec

Standard Equipment:

Body-coloured bumpers; body-coloured door handles; electric body-coloured door mirrors; chromed rear exhaust pipe; darkened side and rear windows; rear spoiler; side skirts; leather seats, steering wheel and gear lever knob; sports instrument graphics; 17-inch alloy wheels and 205/50 tyres; front spoiler; Fiat code (electronic anti-theft device); electric front windows and electric door locks; remote control door release; electric windows active without key; one-touch driver’s side electric windows; electric rear windows with anti-pinch sensor; follow me home device; illuminated luggage compartment; trip computer; my car system (personalised car functions); third rear seat with 3-point seat-belt; third rear head-restraint; driver’s seat with height adjustment; height-adjustable front and rear head-restraints; steering wheel with height and reach adjustment; dualdrive™ electric power steering; manual climate control with pollen filter; cruise control; front deflectors; ABS+EBD; front airbags with smart dual stage system; crumple-zone front structure; FPS (Fire Prevention System); front seat-belts with pretensioners, load limiters and fastened sensor; anti-whiplash front seats; front and rear seats with anti-submarining cross-member; alarm; radio with CD+MP3 player; Blue&MeTM; steering wheel mounted radio controls with 6 keys.

Optional Equipment

Blue&MeTM Nav; dual zone automatic climate control; rain sensor; parking sensor; sky dome; curtain bags; front sidebags; driver’s knee-bags.

source: ::ITALIASPEED::
Attached Thumbnails
Grande Punto Test Car Pics-121.jpg  

Old 16th March 2009, 11:07   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
The new Brazilian Punto! Damn, will we ever get this?

Punto T-Jet Technical Specifications

Engine: turbocharged with fixed geometry IHI RFH3, 16 valves
No. of cylinders: 4
Arrangement: in line, front transverse
Capacity (cc): 1368
Power output: 152 bhp at 5,500 rpm
Maximum torque: 21.1 kgm @ 2,250 rpm
Steering: dualdrive electric power steering
Transmission: 5 speed gearbox
Front suspension: independent MacPherson type, telescopic dampers, anti-roll bar with small con rods and spherical joint; Rear suspension: torsion axle, telescopic hydraulic dampers
Front brakes: ventilated discs, diameter 284 mm; Rear brakes: discs, diameter 251 mm
Wheels: 17” aluminium alloy rim; Tyres: 205/50 R17”
Dimensions: Wheelbase (mm): 2501: Front track (mm): 1471; Rear track: 1467; Length (mm): 4030; Width (mm): 1687; Height (mm): 1505
Luggage capacity (dm3): 280
Fuel tank capacity (litres): 60
Fuel consumption: Urban cycle (km/litres): 12.3; Extra-urban cycle (km/litres): 16.4
Performance: Top speed: 203 km/h; Acceleration 0-100 km/h: 8.4 sec

Standard Equipment:

Body-coloured bumpers; body-coloured door handles; electric body-coloured door mirrors; chromed rear exhaust pipe; darkened side and rear windows; rear spoiler; side skirts; leather seats, steering wheel and gear lever knob; sports instrument graphics; 17-inch alloy wheels and 205/50 tyres; front spoiler; Fiat code (electronic anti-theft device); electric front windows and electric door locks; remote control door release; electric windows active without key; one-touch driver’s side electric windows; electric rear windows with anti-pinch sensor; follow me home device; illuminated luggage compartment; trip computer; my car system (personalised car functions); third rear seat with 3-point seat-belt; third rear head-restraint; driver’s seat with height adjustment; height-adjustable front and rear head-restraints; steering wheel with height and reach adjustment; dualdrive™ electric power steering; manual climate control with pollen filter; cruise control; front deflectors; ABS+EBD; front airbags with smart dual stage system; crumple-zone front structure; FPS (Fire Prevention System); front seat-belts with pretensioners, load limiters and fastened sensor; anti-whiplash front seats; front and rear seats with anti-submarining cross-member; alarm; radio with CD+MP3 player; Blue&MeTM; steering wheel mounted radio controls with 6 keys.

Optional Equipment

Blue&MeTM Nav; dual zone automatic climate control; rain sensor; parking sensor; sky dome; curtain bags; front sidebags; driver’s knee-bags.

source: ::ITALIASPEED::
Looks fantastic, and has some awesome numbers to add to the looks! But then, will they ever bring any such thing to India?
Old 16th March 2009, 12:11   #93
BHPian

These things are just meant to read, be happy and start dreaming!

Fiat has not launch the Punto as of Day in India and other countries are recieving new Engines and newer models.
Old 16th March 2009, 17:08   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
These things are just meant to read, be happy and start dreaming!

Fiat has not launch the Punto as of Day in India and other countries are recieving new Engines and newer models.
Quiet true. Only if dream was a reality in this case of GP
Looks fantastic nonetheless.
Old 16th March 2009, 17:14   #95
Senior - BHPian

Brazil has the carnival, cars like this, and lots more...

In India, the best Fiat will do is to bring in the 1.4 90 bhp engine :-(
Old 16th March 2009, 17:52   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Quiet true. Only if dream was a reality in this case of GP
Looks fantastic nonetheless.

Fiat in Brazil holds the position like way Suzuki holds in India. I even read somewhere that some Tata vehicles are re badged and sold as Fiat.
Old 16th March 2009, 18:23   #97
Senior - BHPian

How much is the cost of GP in brazil?.
@Ferro- I really doubt if that is possible. Tata vehicles sold as Fiat is a bit outstretched.
Old 18th March 2009, 23:26   #98
BHPian

The car looks a lot better in 3D (so does the Linea IMO) . It certainly has a lot of road presence.

P.S. I loved the GP in NFS-Most Wanted.
Old 19th March 2009, 00:47   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
The car looks a lot better in 3D (so does the Linea IMO) . It certainly has a lot of road presence.

P.S. I loved the GP in NFS-Most Wanted.

I get the GP in Colin McRae "Dirt" as well. But there are other beauties to fall in love with, in there. Going OT though.
Old 19th March 2009, 10:50   #100
BHPian

I have been seeing the GP test mules regularly in Hadapsar area (Pune). Going by earlier test mule sightings of Linea (in same area) the launch dates seem imminent in two-three months i.e by May-June time frame.

I have a friend who works in Ranjangaon plant. According to him they have started production of 100 cars on the same assembly line of Linea.

Though we maynot get the latest facelifted Punto and the fancy engines, for petrol it will be 1.4 L FIRE and diesel (no guessess) it would be 1.3 MJD.
Old 19th March 2009, 11:03   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
Though we maynot get the latest facelifted Punto and the fancy engines, for petrol it will be 1.4 L FIRE and diesel (no guessess) it would be 1.3 MJD.
Hey one of my friends closely related to FIAT, told me that they are testing 1.6 Turbo engine (MJD definitely). May be this is the reason we still get to see camouflaged Linea even after its launch. May be this engine is on testing in Linea as well as Punto.
Old 19th March 2009, 11:09   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Hey one of my friends closely related to FIAT, told me that they are testing 1.6 Turbo engine (MJD definitely). May be this is the reason we still get to see camouflaged Linea even after its launch. May be this engine is on testing in Linea as well as Punto.
That's good news! The 1.6 produces 118 bhp and is used in many Fiat and Lancia cars, most notably the Grande Punto.
Old 19th March 2009, 16:15   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
That's good news! The 1.6 produces 118 bhp and is used in many Fiat and Lancia cars, most notably the Grande Punto.
1.6 with 118bhp would be brlliant but what about mileage?

Considering Indian mentality of 'average kitna hai' types, it seems unlikely 1.6 will be plonked into GP.
Old 19th March 2009, 16:31   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Brazil has the carnival, cars like this, and lots more...

In India, the best Fiat will do is to bring in the 1.4 90 bhp engine :-(
Forget Fiat, the VW Polo is expected too, and i shudder to think what will become of what is a pricier hatch than a Fabia. The Fabia too suffered in terms of spec and engine. And the VW Jetta. So did the Linea. I know the Linea is available with 6 airbags elsewhere. Here you optionally buy two. Why is a child seat going to be mandatory from 2010 if airbags have not been made mandatory yet?

In fact the only way you can ensure some decent spec on par with anything available internationally is to buy something like a Merc or Audi or some such and upward.

This excise duty thing has skewed the pitch in favor of puny engines. And given our pathetic fuel quality, manufacturers cry off from giving us at least technically advanced low-displacement engines.

Crying shame. As it is we pay more than what the car is worth elsewhere, anyway!
Old 28th March 2009, 16:14   #105
Senior - BHPian

Hi All of you who are waiting for the GP launch soon. I came upon this site dedicated to the car, much like TBHP but this is dedicated to fiat and GP. Some wonderul pics there. Feast.

General: WELCOME TO THE GRANDE PUNTO SECTION - The FIAT Forum
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks