Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2009, 15:54   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post

Or is it the paper means USA 3rd quarter which is Jul09-sep09 ?
I think it should be the indian 3rd quarter as it was mentioned by the CEO of Fiat India, which makes the wait all more frustrating if that is the case.
Old 13th April 2009, 22:09   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
Is it apart from the TATA ones?
I sincerely, hope so. Fiat should open its own dealerships, moving forward they are going to come out with their own cars. Tata dealerships are getting over crowded as is, with so much on offer.. With Linea, Palio and G.P. thats 3 cars and they should be able to break-even sooner than expected with 3 cars from the stable.

Last edited by downsouth : 13th April 2009 at 22:10.
Old 14th April 2009, 09:22   #123
BHPian

Ya i just hope Fiat opens up its own dealership.
TATA guys dont seem to be bothered about the FIAT sales.
The last time i was in VST Motors to checkout the Linea they where not bothered to help me out for like 15 odd minutes then a guy walks near me coolly and explains me the specifications about the car.
Then when i had asked for a test drive he took a solid 3 1/2 weeks to give me the test drive.

When i testdrove the Linea i was totally unsatisfied. The car was really slow.
It struggled to get past 60KMPH, then there was sum surge.
After test driving VernaD , Octavia D and Laura you do feel that the car could have come with a better engine.

I just hope FIAT is listening to all this and give a better engine to Linea.
Also put ponk in a good amount of pickup which is similar to Swifts or better.

GP being a bit light might help. Lets hope that they give the car a better tune for all this wait they have been giving the customer base.
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:07   #124

economictimes says GP launch in June.
Old 24th April 2009, 01:19   #125
BHPian

Just came across the news on Zee - Grand Punto launch in Second week of May. Price - Petrol Starting at 4L and Diesel at 5L.
Old 24th April 2009, 10:50   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Just came across the news on Zee - Grand Punto launch in Second week of May. Price - Petrol Starting at 4L and Diesel at 5L.
That is great news,if it is true and if FIAT doesn't change the plans again.
Old 24th April 2009, 11:13   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I still don't trust Zee folks. In one of their "carshows" they mentioned that the Santro was launched in 2003.
Old 24th April 2009, 11:53   #128
BHPian

Hey guys I found some pics in my archives. These snaps were taken in december near Sunny Da Dhaba Lonaval. I also tried to get out information from the fiat guys but was only told that the punto expected to launch in mid 2009 and is expected in the range of a swift or a getz. Unfortunately no engine spec or anyother information was shared.

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support
Attached Thumbnails
Grande Punto Test Car Pics-gp.jpeg  

Grande Punto Test Car Pics-gp-1.jpeg  

Grande Punto Test Car Pics-gp-l.jpeg  

Grande Punto Test Car Pics-l.jpeg  

Grande Punto Test Car Pics-l-1.jpeg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th April 2009 at 12:41. Reason: font tags
Old 24th April 2009, 12:01   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Any mention of the engine options? I wish they would launch a more powerful diesel engine than the 75 BHP MJD which is the universal diesel engine in India.
Old 24th April 2009, 14:37   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
Any mention of the engine options? I wish they would launch a more powerful diesel engine than the 75 BHP MJD which is the universal diesel engine in India.
so basically the car is going to be underpowered. Tax benefits for engines up to 1.2l
Old 24th April 2009, 16:04   #131
BHPian

The car (GP) looks quite promising!! and with competition coming in the form of Polo, Jazz and the already present I20 and fabia, fiat better put up a nice show this time in terms of Launch dates, Price, and variants.
This thread should be kept alive and more inputs should be fed in by fellow members especially from Pune for the obvious reasons atleast till its Launch.
Coming back to the threadstarter (who seems to be lost midway!) please can you help us in informing how to go about for the guided tours of the factory. IMHO that would be a great field day for the entire family!!!
Old 24th April 2009, 16:36   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
Originally Posted by superbhikari
Just came across the news on Zee - Grand Punto launch in Second week of May. Price - Petrol Starting at 4L and Diesel at 5L
Are you sure about MAy launch , Fiat had told last week that the launch will be on 3rd quarter.

"The company, a 50:50 joint venture between Italian automaker Fiat SpA and Tata Motors Ltd, is readying to launch the Grande Punto, a compact car, in the third quarter of the fiscal year. The second model will be Tata Motors’ new three-box offering, code-named X1."

Tata-Fiat joint venture to break even by 2011-12 - Corporate News - livemint.com
Old 24th April 2009, 17:06   #133
BHPian

I received a call from a car dealer in Pune informing me of the launch in first week of June 2009. The price range targetted is slightly above Vista. What I find surprising in the photographs is that the Linea is some what camouflaged wheras the Punto is without any stripes.

Looking at fate of the so called premium hatches, don't think the Punto would do too well. Only hopes are on the brilliant MJD.

Regards
Old 24th April 2009, 17:25   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I received a call from a car dealer in Pune informing me of the launch in first week of June 2009. The price range targetted is slightly above Vista. What I find surprising in the photographs is that the Linea is some what camouflaged wheras the Punto is without any stripes.

Looking at fate of the so called premium hatches, don't think the Punto would do too well. Only hopes are on the brilliant MJD.

Regards
Linea is camoflauged, as they may be testing the 1.6 MJD on it for a launch soon, though it is speculated but there are rumours for the 1.6 MJD launch floating.

Agree with you on the fate of GP, as FIAT India HAS to price it right, otherwise it will go the Fabia & i20 way.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 24th April 2009 at 17:27.
Old 24th April 2009, 17:35   #135
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

so where does that leave the Palio ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks