Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2008, 18:42   #31
Senior - BHPian

Used Mercs from Dealers

Most merc dealers are frauds when it comes to preused cars. They will short change you. milk you and probably give you a car which will come back to their workshop within 10k Km and you will find the same parts they replaced in the records before they delivered the car to you are gone agian!

I have been in the market for a Desiel E class for a year now and the car they have shown me are apthetic (it has been a sellers market). I know several preused owners who have had a bad experience on anything pre 2006. They paid a premuim over rates publihed in carwale or the market/blue book rate to get piece of mind but the sales guys (young kids) with fancy accents in the mumbai dealers showroom floor will bull**** you. Some demo cars sold have had mileage tampering as well.

Either find one from the friday auto drive or private ads on carwale. You are only safe if you buy a 2006 and newer cars still in the 2 year warrenty from the these dealers as these cars would be hardly used. Best of luck
Old 10th January 2008, 05:11   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Most merc dealers are frauds when it comes to preused cars. They will short change you. milk you and probably give you a car which will come back to their workshop within 10k Km and you will find the same parts they replaced in the records before they delivered the car to you are gone agian!

I have been in the market for a Desiel E class for a year now and the car they have shown me are pathetic (it has been a sellers market). I know several preused owners who have had a bad experience on anything pre 2006. They paid a premuim over rates publihed in carwale or the market/blue book rate to get piece of mind but the sales guys (young kids) with fancy accents in the mumbai dealers showroom floor will bull**** you. Some demo cars sold have had mileage tampering as well.

Either find one from the friday auto drive or private ads on carwale. You are only safe if you buy a 2006 and newer cars still in the 2 year warrenty from the these dealers as these cars would be hardly used. Best of luck
Thanks a lot for the info!!
Seems the option of buying from dealers is a bad idea and seems you have done a lot of RND on this..
Woud be safe to stick to private sellers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks