Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Hyundai launch Accent Crdi at 5.5L?
Yes, it will be hit ! 91 80.53%
No, won't be a nice deal ! 12 10.62%
No idea, if it's a good thought ! 10 8.85%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 08:40   #61
Senior - BHPian

Let me kick this thread up- I have this question bugging me:

If Hyundai indeed was running losses in the Getz CRDi while selling it for 6.37 Lacs (on-road, Madras), how come they slashed the prices to 4.99 Lacs (ex-showroom, 5.61 Lacs on-road, Madras) while clearing it out? They would still have to do the free services, and honour warranty claims for two years, etc!

Even if that is a stock-clearing sale where they just wanted to get rid of inventory, wont a 75k discount on a model they apparently are making loses, increase their losses? If they want to stop the model, why even sell a CRDi version? Why not use the engine on the model (Verna) that is still selling, and sell the Getz bodies as GLE / GLS / GLX petrols?

I am of the strong opinion that Hyundai did not push Getz CRDi of the fear that it may salvage the Verna CRDi sales (which is priced much higher), and hence purposefully priced it a lot higher than the closest competitor - the Swift DDiS. And maybe that is why the car was sold barebones - no ABS or Airbags even as an option, and only one variant (GVS).

And maybe that's why we will never see an Accent CRDi again - because it will eat into the sales of i20 CRDi and Verna CRDi, even the 3 pot motor was a formidable performer. Am sure a bunch of buyers will go for it (and sell it before the 80k problems start!).

Last edited by ph03n!x : 3rd March 2010 at 08:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks