Team-BHP - Should Hyundai go the Ford way - Launch Accent Crdi at 5.5Lac
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Should Hyundai go the Ford way - Launch Accent Crdi at 5.5Lac (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/54611-should-hyundai-go-ford-way-launch-accent-crdi-5-5lac.html)

Friends
Whats your poll - Should Hyundai launch (or re-launch) the Accent CRDi for 5.5 Lac Ex-showroom to compete with Ford Ikon TDCi, Tata Indigo and Swift Dezire?

Hyundai Accent CRDi would be an instant hit with many. It is one car that Hyundai should release at the earliest.

but with the verna engine (hey if it can put it in the getz, why not here) , and the three pot aint as good.

Agree with greenhorn. The 3 cylinder is not the best motor and has earned a reputation for not being long living engine.
But if they put in the Verna engine in Accent, again the chassis ( and suspension ) wont be able to handle so much grunt. Even in Verna, at high speeds one gets a feeling that the car is not able to handle the grunt of mill.

Overall, a diesel accent would dent the sales of Getz CRDi and upto some extent the Verna also. One gets a reasonably nice car with diesel, then why would one go for Verna ?

Yes, it would definitely dent Verna sales. But should Hyundai be bothered? They will definitely get a lot more sales than they get now with a low priced diesel Sedan.

But then Huyndai has bigger problems of car placements then - what about Getz CRDI, and what about i20 & i10 diesels when it comes. All these would be hit with an older accent diesel sedan.

current accent crdi owners will be pretty pissed if hyundai relauches it at 5.5lakhs; their resale value will take a big hit. And hyundai cant even launch a stripped down version as the original accent (at 8 lakhs) had only power steering, ac/heater and power windows.
But it will be a super hit. Even the taxiwallahs may warm up to it. Hyundai service i reckon would be much better than that of mahindra/reanault (logan)
I dont think it will be a good idea to use the verna crdi block in the accent. As it is with the 3pot crdi it goes like stink and at high speeds you feel like you are floating and handling is pretty bad too. Had a scary experience when i tried some high speed cornering.

If Hyundai does it, then it will be a big hit. Used CRDi's are selling at 5+ Lakhs in Hyderabad. Sure the current owners will crib but this kind of thing will always happen.

maybe they should try to get the accent with the engine of the verna minus the (VGT)

Accent will be a big hit.but having with verna engine or gets CRDI eng. will not happen which leave a big dent on the sales of its borthers & sisters.
If they wan't to release with verna engine or gets CRDI eng they may price high.
Hyundia plays wise in these roles.

I dont see it happening. i20 being one of the reasons. There would be no room for i20 crdi then. Looks like manufacturers are concentrating more on premium hatchbacks now. But i hope they realise how much that boot means to us. Maybe a 1.3 CRDI or 1.4 CRDI would bring the Accent price down. but i dont think Hyundai has any plans as yet.

I believe they will do it soon, as their competitors still in the field.

When Hyundai can keep Santro and i10, i20 and Getz parallely, why cant they keep Accent CRDi, Getz CRDi and Verna CRDi?
One who has to buy a two box car will definitely go for Getz only(If he is admant on buying Hyundai and till the time i20 diesel is launched).
As for eating of share of Verna, true it will happen but then in might also be the case that they might also eat up shares of DZire and iKon.

Hyundai did sell a couple of Executive variant of Accent. Except for the fact it has been around for a couple of years, it is still a decent looking car. And there definately will be a market for a Accent CRDi at 5.5 Ex-Showroom.

they should re-launch the viva crdi at the quoted price. there is no other car like this in this segment.

I think putting a diesel heart to Accent at around 5 - 5.5 would be a stealer ... It would be one of the hottest selling sedans in the marktet.

Only if Hyundai is reading this thread :-)