Team-BHP - Scoop: Toyota Yaris testing in Bangalore??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop: Toyota Yaris testing in Bangalore?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5463-scoop-toyota-yaris-testing-bangalore.html)

Hey

A very good and very petrolhead friend of mine lives on Mysore rd. He saw two units of the Toyota Yaris being driven towards Bidadi (the TKM factory) on Mysore rd. Both were not disguised in any form and had TC registration plates. Not much mistaking the cars, as he is a petrolhead.

Cheers

Viper

Pics pics pics. Need them and fast!

My bet? They probably are using it for benchmarking purposes. The Aygo seems more likely to come here. At more than 9,000 pounds, the Yaris isn't cheap. And i seriously doubt they'll be able to place it below the 5 lakh rupee mark unless Toyota can justify atleast xxxx units a month to break-even, considering the current state of the B+ segment (Petrol).

Revv

Yaris will be a tough one in India.It comes in the supermini category and will go beyond 5.5 Lacs(min) in India.it costs about 8500-9000 pounds in the UK.As it is Toyota has a tendency of over pricing its products.i dont see a future for it in India.it could have been a Daihatsu Sirion though with a Toyota badge.Both look similar though.Sirion is a rival to the Yaris but is quite cheaper than the Yaris.

Daihatsu Sirion

thats very good new. it can kick marutis swift aside then. maybe the getz market as well. wonder if honda's brain alarm will strick and they might finally come out with the jazz. i see no point why they will not come out with a smaller car. they need to see indians are crazy about small cars.

Friend is currently kicking himself. His personal car is a WagonR, and he always carries a 5.1 megapixel Canon. Unfortunately, he was in his dad's Corolla, hence no pics.

Not a great fan of Toyota. But prices in India will be roughly the same. GBP 8000 is approx 7.5 lakh INR. Slight reduction to 6.5 should see it taking on the high end Getz and Accent. And guess who will win because of brand equity?

Maybe they will integratea boot and sell it alongside the city.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
Maybe they will integratea boot and sell it alongside the city.

Dude that would make it a funny car. Have a look at the Yaris and imagine it with a boot. First the NHC and now the Yaris with a boot. please: We don't want these Japanese alienated cars running around us.

Anyways, I guess its difficult for Toyota to sell Yaris here in its current European avtaar, as it wouldn't be cheap.

May be a rebadged Diahatsu Sirion, as mentioned by merve.

i doubt that Lamborghini. Toyota has been eyeing the small car market in India since a year or more. Adding a boot to a small car just for the Indian car market would be too expensive. Just the Yaris would cost around 6 lakhs i guess. If they add a boot obviously it'll be priced higher , say in the region of 7-8 lakhs. And why would Toyota do that. They already have the Soluna in their waiting list for this price bracket. So i guess it'll just be a small car.

So once Toyota launches the small car, it wont be long before Honda gets in the Fit.

But guys,
6L for a car that is as big as a Palio is asking too much and hell even with their brand, they would hardly sell 200-300 vehicles.
Unless, they plan to localise it but even then, the initial cost would be too much.

no way will any one in India buy a small car worth 6.5 lac be it Toyota or Honda.Yes a A-class can do that trick.These badges have importance only in sedan categories.Small car buyers want VFM and not badge.Also Yaris is not known to be a hot hatch but as a city runabout so it will never have exciting engines or handling.

How many Palio 1.6GTX , Getz(GLX or whatever the top version) do people buy?negligeble compared to thier other variants.

So i feel Yaris has no place here.They can definately bring the Daihatsu Sirion which is as talented as the Yaris but much cheaper.

It costs not less than 8500 pounds in the UK for basic 5 door version.

which is 8500*83=7.07 Lacs. Appx

see link

http://www.ukcarbroker.co.uk/toyotayaris.htm

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r
Not a great fan of Toyota. But prices in India will be roughly the same. GBP 8000 is approx 7.5 lakh INR. Slight reduction to 6.5 should see it taking on the high end Getz and Accent. And guess who will win because of brand equity?

Which Getz costs 6.5 L ?? and were does the Accent come here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeye
Dude that would make it a funny car. Have a look at the Yaris and imagine it with a boot. First the NHC and now the Yaris with a boot. please:

Yaris with a boot already exists...known as Vios / Soluna II in some markets. Its a 1.5 Vvt with center mount instruments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
Yaris with a boot already exists...known as Vios / Soluna II in some markets. Its a 1.5 Vvt with center mount instruments.

Its not just a Yaris with a boot, but a different design based on the Yaris platform. And they would not test the Yaris here if they are looking to launch the Vios.

Maybe they are testing the platform and powerplants.
Or maybe it is a new Yaris with some changes under the body and they are giving it a proper test before launching it in the World.

they may be mules testing components - remember the brown Toyota hilux running around - was probably testing innova mechanicals