Team-BHP - The 10-15 Lac - Upper Crust SUV shoot out !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The 10-15 Lac - Upper Crust SUV shoot out ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5471-10-15-lac-upper-crust-suv-shoot-out.html)

the tuscon being launched here has opened up the fight for the 10-15 lac segment SUV again....the other contenders...

1) Ford Endeavor - looks huge and butch, the most proper SUV type amongst the 3, its a Ford , an old design, not exactly a performance SUV, the SUV you would take off roading, looks dated compared to the competition.

2) Honda CRv - the soft roader SUV - perfect for the urbanite , its a honda , the only petrol engine here , fastest of the lot, looks good, has good interiors too.

3) Hyundai Tuscon - A little bit of both , a smashing CRDI engine, mean and tough looks , looks better than the Honda, can do more offroading than the Honda, pretty good interiors,the best A.S.S of the 3 here, priced similar to the Honda, performance as good as the Honda.

Your pick ?

Just heard from one hyundai official that the price of the tuscon has been increased to about 16 lakhs and theyve dispatched only a few vehicles.

The Endeavor all the way. even though it looks a bit out-dated it still looks like a full-fledge SUV. Had driven the Ende at the Great Ford Drive in Bandra. And there are no doubts about its off-road capability. It may not be a good performer on the road, but there are hardly any roads here where you can exploit all thoise 122 horses. What say?

Save the butch looks. i'll have the powerful, refined, slick shifting CR-V. I'm not the offroading type and the Ford doesn't appeal to me.

Shan2nu

i shall reserve my comments till the safari crd-i and the fortuner is launched... but i might prefer the latter, if it comes with the D-4D 3.0 litre 165 bhp engine; and market indications are that it will be priced in the 11-13 lac range. and then, we can have a proper shootout.

if the fortuner comes with a 125 bhp engine, i would prefer the safari crd-i.

but as of now, given the choices between the endeavour, cr-v and the tucson, i prefer the endeavour, as the others aren't full-fledged suvs, but capable soft-roaders. the endeavour is the only one in the pack that can do some serious damage in an off-roading scenario.... and suvs are meant to be capable off-roaders, along with other factors....

For now it has to be the CRV, but iam waiting for the Fortuner to be launched, it looks like a perfect SUV in that price range.

Strangely, i like the new CR-V in comparison to the others. 3 factors really count here.

1. Its now got 16 inch alloys, instead of 15. Does raise the ride height a bit, making it ideal for some slush work.

2. Real-time AWD. Now thats something i reallly appreciate.

3. How can i forget, that stonking 152 hp engine.

The Endeavour is great. Even if it looks dated. Sadly though, for its range and price its a bit cramped (truck chassis, whaddya expect) and a bit underpowered. 10-15 hp more and i'd probably consider it.

Revv

I would surely go for Honda CRV

Has to be the endeavour - turbodiesel (though a bit anaemic) , ladder frame chassis and based on a pickup , part time 4x4 with low and high ratios , and the looks which make it look like a 4x4 - and better ground clearance...and the road presence.

The Endeavour any day. Not a big fan of soft-roaders here. The Ford's styling may seem dated to many, but I guess it's classic SUV styling. Big, butch and lots of presence. Make mine in black.

Manti.

the tuscon should be better as the smashing CRDi is better than the than he Endy's slyuggish diesel and the CR-V's thirsty petron the ground clearance is better oo but you pay a lot for it.

BTW, isn't the Hyundai called the Tucson and not the Tuscon. Tuscan sounds better with TVR attached to it. What say!!! LOL

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
BTW, isn't the Hyundai called the Tucson and not the Tuscon. Tuscan sounds better with TVR attached to it. What say!!! LOL

Shan2nu

Mmmmm......speaking of raw, hairy-chested Brit power. BTW, the name (Tucson) comes from a place in Arizona, US.

Manti.

Factually, an SUV is a car built for off roading.
However, most of the SUVs in the 10L-15L are soft roaders more suited to the ground.
I have always been fascinated by SUVs and it is my dream to buy one.
For me its the endeavour all the way for its macho looks, off road talent, space, a torquey engine.

Just saw a parked Tucson. Am still wondering if it was a scaled down model or the real thing. The thing is TINY! You could fit a whole one inside the Endeavour's cabin space. Seriously, the Getz seems to have more rear legroom.

All the options on the poll run weak next to two words...

Subaru Forester.