Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2009, 15:32   #46
Senior - BHPian

just what was expected the results to be with swift/fiesta/innova perfect combination, but i loved captiva's tdci too.
Old 13th March 2009, 15:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partho-Palio View Post
I am very sure, Palio handles road at par with Swift VDI and the engine and its response is just very same.
The Swift DDIS will do circles over the palio mjD..have TDed both and this is my POV.

Cheers
Old 13th March 2009, 17:51   #48
BHPian

I find Swift to be the best diesel car. Its one of the best city commuter whether petrol or diesel and is powered by the state-of-art engine technology.
Old 7th April 2009, 17:42   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
The Swift DDIS will do circles over the palio mjD..have TDed both and this is my POV.

Cheers
I am not clear what you intend to tell. If you say DDIS is better car than Palio I do not agree. I may agree if you tell, they are similar cars.

I drive both regularly. I own Palio and I car pool with my friend who own DDIS. I drive some time.

He himself agree that handling of Palio is better than DDIS. I do not know about others, but my friends DDIS rattles, engine is very same the response is good, but the body, not upto the MJD.

This thread is not about After sales service but about a Diesel Car which drives good in a city.
Old 7th April 2009, 19:41   #50
BHPian

FYI - Here in Bombay we have a 60 to 90 day waiting for the Swift DDIS, even the AStar has a 30 day waiting period.

I would consider the getz CRDi at the price its going for, great value/suspension & handling. The engine is notorious for its pulling power as well.

Cheers
Old 7th April 2009, 19:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

I feel that the Indica Vista deserves to be here. Great response!
Old 7th April 2009, 21:19   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partho-Palio View Post
I am not clear what you intend to tell. If you say DDIS is better car than Palio I do not agree. I may agree if you tell, they are similar cars.

I drive both regularly. I own Palio and I car pool with my friend who own DDIS. I drive some time.

He himself agree that handling of Palio is better than DDIS. I do not know about others, but my friends DDIS rattles, engine is very same the response is good, but the body, not upto the MJD.

This thread is not about After sales service but about a Diesel Car which drives good in a city.
The engine in the Swift Diesel feels a lot more responsive than the MJD. Not sure why but it does. About handling don't get me started... the Palio rolls like a boat compared to the Swift.
Old 7th April 2009, 21:55   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanopano View Post
I find Swift to be the best diesel car. Its one of the best city commuter whether petrol or diesel and is powered by the state-of-art engine technology.
I heard the same from atleast 3 different individuals who drive a swift diesel. From what they say, the swift diesel is peppier than the indica diesel, verna diesel and even the octavia diesel.
Old 8th April 2009, 07:02   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The engine in the Swift Diesel feels a lot more responsive than the MJD. Not sure why but it does. About handling don't get me started... the Palio rolls like a boat compared to the Swift.
Being a sedate driver I don't have any problem with the initial lack of thrust of my MJD while driving within the city. Get to a reasonably free road (does not need to be smooth as nails) and work up to 2000 rpm in 5th, you are indeed in a boat!
Old 19th April 2009, 17:44   #55
BHPian

I have been driving a Swift VDI in the busiest areas of chennai traffic... I find the DDiS, being very responsive and just amazing when i reach the 3rd gear and above... I shift to 3rd gear at around 25kmph and in no second, i reach more than 40... The turbocharger pushes the car ahead like anything, that i feel pushed back to my seat... :P

I do see some rattling in 2nd gear if the rpm is close to 2000rpm, when the turbo charger is about to kick-in.. But, i shift gear before that and let the turbo charger kick-in only in 3rd or 4th gear..

Swift is just awesome.
Old 19th April 2009, 19:35   #56
Senior - BHPian

The best diesel for the city is going to be launched shortly ....RITZ DDis.

Previously it was the Fusion D..very much an underated car.
Old 19th April 2009, 19:39   #57
Senior - BHPian

Definitely Ford Fiesta 1.4 Tdci
No turbo lag and feels like driving a petrol car.
Old 19th April 2009, 20:46   #58
BHPian

The Ikon TDCi ought to be a player in this list. Nice engine(for the city), great flickability and a sedan to boot. And the price makes it super!
Old 20th April 2009, 11:19   #59
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
but i loved captiva's tdci too.
Surely not in the city? The turbolag is annoying! Pretty quick on the highway though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
The Swift DDIS will do circles over the palio mjD
And the Vista will do circles around the Swift DDIS, when it comes to driveability. The turbolag is much reduced in comparo, and the gearing spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
The Ikon TDCi ought to be a player in this list.
I agree. Firstly, its cheap for a common-rail sedan. Second, that 1.4 TDCi's turbo has almost zero lag. Third, it's pretty darn fuel efficient.
Old 20th April 2009, 11:40   #60
BHPian

Surely Ikon TDCI followed by Vista Quadrajet

The thread is for best diesel in city driving and not which car rattles or not.

If I had to give the best diesel, I would blindly give to my Optra Magnum TCDI for its sheer power, smooth Engine and Lightest clutch but this doesn't turns the fact that this machine annoys in bumper to bumper traffic as it becomes very difficult to hold it's power.

Best Diesel in City driving:

When it comes to city driving the Ikon TDCi is the best diesel around for the following reasons:

It has linear power deliever with almost zero power lag
Best in class turning radius of 4.8 mtrs
Excellent effeciency

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks