Team-BHP - Auto Mall 2009 - Chandigarh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Auto Mall 2009 - Chandigarh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/54790-auto-mall-2009-chandigarh.html)

Hi Friends,

I happened to visit the Auto Mall 2009 in Chandigarh which was on 6th, 7th & 8th of March'09. Read a lot of ads in the dailies about imported cars (Lamborgini etc) on the display there, but to my dissapointment couldn't find them on the stands.
Nevertheless, had a great time enjoying the look & feel of all new cars there - Tata Xenon, Mitsubishi Outlander, Mahindra Xylo/Inspira/Souvenir, Formula cars by Punjab University students & JBLed Maruti Swift...They also had Honda CBR & Triumph (Rs 18 Lacs) on display. :)

Thought that I should share some of the pics of this show. So here it goes...

Cool stuffs ... It must have been a treat to watch the exotics and the vintage ...

Nice cars. Great pics. Rocket 3 and Buick Eight were brilliant!

Which car is it on the third pic?
Cool show and nice pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avishar (Post 1206259)
Which car is it on the third pic?
Cool show and nice pics.

Auto Mall 2009 - Chandigarh-unknown-chandigarh-vintage.jpg

Is this the car you're talking about? This is a 1939 Vauxhall 14 Model J. Its part of the pre-WW1 Vauxhall saloon series, which comprised the 10, the 14 and the 25. The model J was different from the regular 14, because it came with suicide doors in the front. Quite a rare find in India, I would say.

I will desist from giving anymore gyan on the machine (unless asked for), as my past experiences with vintage car experts on TBHP have taught me that little knowledge is, indeed, dangerous!;)

Enjoy the below photo of the car. This is from the contributed archives of Classic Cars UK - Vintage & Classic Car Restoration, articles on running old cars, auto collectables & more. Notice the chrome teardrops on the bonnet (standard across the 10/14/25) and how the horizontal slats on the grille (compared to vertical slats in the rest of the family).

Auto Mall 2009 - Chandigarh-vauxhall14-model-j.jpg

By the way, why is this show have a "mall" in its name? Were some of the exhibits put up also for sale?

Quote:

Originally Posted by predatorwheelz (Post 1211848)
Attachment 111045

By the way, why is this show have a "mall" in its name? Were some of the exhibits put up also for sale?

Yes, apart from the Vintage collection on the show, all other models were for sale.

Enjoy the new Pics :)

nice pictures man. Me too saw that bolero up close. Very nicely executed.

cheers
bharti22shresth

Those are some cool vintages there!
Can someone throw some light on the Bike with the Badge - 'TRIUMPH'?

The swift looks familiar! JBL, orange & Black. I have a feel that it is from the pair that NC & gang drove from Mumbai to Bangalore!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pulsar56 (Post 1238103)
Can someone throw some light on the Bike with the Badge - 'TRIUMPH'?

The red bike with the Triumph Badge is the Triumph Rocket III. At the time of launch, it was the world's largest production motorcycle engine with a 2300cc triple cylinder engine. It produces 140bhp power and a giant 200NM of torque.

Read all about it at Triumph UK's home page:

Triumph Motorcycles - Rocket III

Quote:

Originally Posted by pulsar56 (Post 1238103)
The swift looks familiar! JBL, orange & Black. I have a feel that it is from the pair that NC & gang drove from Mumbai to Bangalore!

Yes it is. :)

Thanks for the photos SS, I had not seen them myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 1238653)
Yes it is. :)

Thanks for the photos SS, I had not seen them myself.

My Pleasure :)

As for the Swift, I was told that it is a demo car owned by JBL India (Sahil International India). And guess what while checking their website (http://www.indiajbl.com/videos.aspx) I saw your videos aired on CNBC & that you are the Brand Director for JBL India.

Wow! I didn't know that man. Cool. So from now on any query regarding audio, redirect it to Sam.