Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2009, 17:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

they will do so, once indica eletric eats up the new or old reva. btw, the new reva is only now a car. erstwhile it was looking like a frog.
Old 10th March 2009, 17:31   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Looks like a definite step ahead of the current Reva. However, unless Maini price the new generation competitively, they really aren't going anywhere.
Old 10th March 2009, 23:10   #33
BHPian

A lot has been said about the pricing of Reva, but unfortunately they have to price it like that to cover up their costs. The big houses like Tatas, Marutis and Hyundais are not letting the govt give subsidies and sops to Maini.

Only if the govt gives subsidies, can they price the car cheaper for the aam junta. By it looks like the petrol and diesel car manufacturers are lobbying against bringing down the prices of electric cars lest they run out of business.
Old 11th March 2009, 08:21   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
they will do so, once indica eletric eats up the new or old reva. btw, the new reva is only now a car. erstwhile it was looking like a frog.
Indica electric !! is that something tata plans to release sometime soon ? do you have any information ??
Old 11th March 2009, 10:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

yes, they have already made it somewhere in europe and are testing it. must be here next year or so. it was also in one of the other threads here.
Old 11th March 2009, 15:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

I think one of the primary reasons the Reva is so expensive is because it still uses a hand built/welded metal frame structure. I learnt this fact from Team BHP itself, one of the members could shed better light on the fact.
The only solution would then be mass manufacturing a mono. structure and the car in itself, which means major investments. But the fact is this concept deserves major financial backing especially taking into account the success Reva has had so far despite its humble beginnings.
Old 11th March 2009, 15:52   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfilinto View Post
Indica electric !! is that something tata plans to release sometime soon ? do you have any information ??
looking at heavy Indica, I think NANO electric might be better choice.
Old 11th March 2009, 15:55   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Excellent car but not so good price. people will compare it with maruti Swift and Reva will fall flat on the face.

The Indian mentality still thinks battery cars are toys.
, well said,but still, too steep a price for such big toys.
Old 11th March 2009, 16:57   #39
BHPian

I have seen it a couple of times in the afternoons a few weeks back, being test driven around Jigani Industrial Area. I guess you can spot it in flesh & color during weekdays even now. It back spoiler looked like Santro to me . Somehow I was never inclined to click a photo of this car as I dont consider it to be one
Old 11th March 2009, 22:16   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
i have seen the car personally and it promises to be ground breaking from our indian engineering expertise. after all, lithium ion technology is the most expensive technology in the world and even the cars like prius and insight hybrid are using nickel-metal hydride batteries.
Probably OT, but would like to make a point here. Toyota and others might be using NiMH batteries for a very good reason. Lithium Ion batteries are not known to handle extreme temperature conditions well and a small manufacturing defect could be catastrophic (remember Nokia and Dell battery recalls). I would be very concerned about such a product coming close to me, forget the thought of sitting in one.
Old 12th March 2009, 08:04   #41
BANNED

The Govt is under the heavy lobby of perto manufacturers and auto makers which prevents any concession to these electric cars.

Its a Shame really, we are incurring a huge oil deficit; they should understand the bigger picture and move in with the times and promote alternative fuel sources.
Old 12th March 2009, 11:13   #42
BHPian

if the Reva is priced at 2 lac OTR and the new Reva at 3 - 3.25 lac OTR then it would really be an absolute VFM.

Also with that pricing we would have seen only Reva within the city.
Old 12th March 2009, 17:24   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Manish,how do you know if its a Reva? I couldn't make out anything from the pics. Just curious.!
check to see if it has a tailpipe
Old 12th March 2009, 17:27   #44
BHPian

I hope the new Reva looks so much better than the old one, price is still on the higher side. Am I looking at alloy wheels on this one, thats cool. The rear lamps look like they are fixed onto the body, some aspects sure dont look like they are finalized.

@Mpower

thats a good one

Last edited by downsouth : 12th March 2009 at 17:29.
Old 12th March 2009, 19:39   #45
BHPian

My Reva Spotting in Bangalore

The person driving this car, told me that it is a new Reva. Not sure how true it was.
Attached Thumbnails
pics : New Reva spotted in B'lore !-dsc01680_1.jpg  

pics : New Reva spotted in B'lore !-dsc01679.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd July 2009 at 23:36. Reason: No need to attach images with the [img] tags. They will automatically appear in your post as large thumbnails.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks