Old 27th March 2009, 18:48   #256
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Skoda, Streisand effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 27th March 2009, 18:53   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoda Corporate View Post

I have been advised to inform you that the hosting or publishing of such information (which , does not represent all of the facts) would instigate both Team-BHP as well as the various users in the ongoing court case.
I can safely say that all of us at T-Bhp are pretty much "instigated" already even before the kind advice, or hadn't you noticed?
With Skoda, it's possible to overlook anything!

Last edited by vikram18 : 27th March 2009 at 18:55.
Old 27th March 2009, 18:56   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Skoda Corporate should take note of this excerpt from that link:

Quote:
Former UK Ambassador for Uzbekistan Craig Murray had his servers shut due to threats of legal action from Schillings, a high-powered London Law firm, hired by Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov, after Murray blogged details about the billionaire's criminal history and previous incarceration for rape. After Murray was shut down, thousands of bloggers in the UK and other parts of the world carried Murray's article spreading the story even further marking Schillings and Usmanov as free speech thugs and bullies
If Skoda Corporate isn't careful, we'll end up adding this story to that wikipedia entry

Last edited by Harbir : 27th March 2009 at 18:58.
Old 27th March 2009, 19:02   #259
BHPian

I hope the MODS have not been instigated to disapprove posts from the original instigators as all of the instigated members are waiting to hear further instigations from the fore mentioned instigators.

. Lost track of what i was trying to instigate. Can any of the experts from the English language thread instigate , sorry "investigate" this for accuracy.
sanjayatarizona is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2009, 19:03   #260
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It saddens us here at Skoda that things have escalated to this point and we have tried to engage but the truth is that some of the comments are now extremely offensive and defamatory. They are personal atacks on our company, staff and me as an individual.

We have tried very hard to engage but users are simply not being reasonable or letting us partake in the forum and allowing us to be heard.
Apart from marketing/PR talk, I don't think you really tried that hard to reach out to the prospective customers/members.

I can tell you other companies follow team-bhp very closely and are very quick to respond to complaints on team-bhp. I posted a poor service experience on team-bhp and the next day I got a call from the manufacturer telling me to give the car to the service centre and they would resolve all issues FOC.

This is the kind of response we are looking for.

Quote:
It is very simple- all of the facts are not represented here and we have been informed that from a legal standpoint, we cannot disclose them as doing so may affect the outcome of the case.
Skoda Corporate, We were not looking at any responses related to this particular case. What we were looking for is a solution/concrete measures that skoda has taken to resolve to improve the after sales. As you can see there was not one case, there are various such cases on team-bhp. We can understand you can't respond on this case but what about the others.

I hope you are not planning to go through all the cases on team-bhp about skoda owners woos and take all of them to court as well.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2009, 19:11   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been advised to inform you that the hosting or publishing of such information (which , does not represent all of the facts) would instigate both Team-BHP as well as the various users in the ongoing court case.
You know what.. sue me!!! I will make sure that everyone I know gets to know what Skoda resorts to when faced with unhappy customers. Infact I will pay people known to me to tell them this story!

I think she's done the job of making this thread a top thread on this forum.
Old 27th March 2009, 19:13   #262
Senior - BHPian

how can this be taken with JD power association? can some one post the email addresses of the judiciary there?
Old 27th March 2009, 19:22   #263
BHPian

Absolutely shocking and disgusting behaviour. We are with you all the way Harish. All the best.
Old 27th March 2009, 19:52   #264
BHPian

Harish is traveling outstation.... will post shortly
Old 27th March 2009, 19:54   #265
BHPian

Quote:
I have represented my facts and "feelings" here and right now my feeling is , and here's what I feel about Skoda
Is that defamatory? Please let me know so I am better informed.

Cheers,
Old 27th March 2009, 19:56   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Just saw this link
Skoda Problems

says ...'Skoda' in Czech means 'Damage'!

How appropriate indeed?
actually 'pity' to be precise.

"To je škoda" losely translates to "It's a pity"
Old 27th March 2009, 20:11   #267
Senior - BHPian

Instead of joining tbhp and saying that it won't happen again or will be resolve in a ziffy they are into bhaigiri now.

Its very unprofessionalism. this is totally opposite of what oracle india did when we informed them about one of our member being conned by their franchise holder.
Old 27th March 2009, 20:16   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Hi there,
I hear that there are disgruntled customers and we are doing our best to provide a consistently good service level.

As I have mentioned before, please get in touch with our customer services representatives who will be able to help you on any other matters not relating to the current court case.

Skoda India is a highly reputable company and does not entertain any kind of foul practices by their dealers. In fact, Skoda India is an active member of the society for indian automobile manufacturers who are against any conterfeiting in the market.
Please contact customer services with any concerns or issues and we will inform you all of te outcome of the case.

i think you missed this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rely-read.html. somebody actually contacted your customer care.

if you leave this case,you will be surprised to see the no. of complaints against skoda.just type "skoda" on the search link,and you will come to know the truth.
Old 27th March 2009, 20:35   #269
BHPian

I remember 4 years ago, I had trouble with a BMW dealer. I was extremely disatisfied and I said so on a forum, but somebody sent the message to the dealer who threatened to sue me for libel.

I discussed it with a lawyer who said that the dealer doesn't have a case but is just trying to throw his weight around using threats of legal action, hoping to scare me. He was right. I told the dealer "sue me. see you in court". I never heard from them again.

Of course this is dependent upon the quality of the US judicial system. Firstly, its libel if the dealer can prove that I was making false statements. but I could prove the truth of what I had said. Secondly, even if I was libeling the dealer, he would have to prove that I had caused him material harm, but how was he going to prove what harm I had caused him in $ revenue? Without that, how would the judge be able to award him damages to be paid by me?

It became clear that the dealer knew this and had no intention of going to court and was just trying to frighten me.

The situation in India is different. Anybody can register a case without much cost to them and put the accused in endless difficulties with the justice system. Evidence is easily fabricated or supressed. Witnesses easily bribed or coerced. There is no real jury to assess the evidence independently. And that bane of the court system, the stay order that is the biggest impediment to justice in India. Not to mention, the intellectual capacity of Indian judges to interpret the spirit of the law cannot be taken for granted. They treat us citizens like we are uneducated cattle. After all, our laws are made by politicians with no background in law, in legal history, our judges are not intellectual heavyweights, and rarely is a court case in India ever decided upon the ideals and principles of free society that underpin good laws.

This is a situation in which malicious people, from private citizens to corporations, misuse the law and the judiciary to cause extensive problems for innocent people who happen to be obstacles.

In light of this, I am particularly resentful of corporations using the threat of legal action against the citizens. They clothe themselves in moral saintliness by claiming that they are only asking everybody else to comply with the law, when the truth is that they are using the weaknesses of Indian Law and the Indian judicial system to stamp down the weaker parties.

Deplorable.

My best wishes are with the Team-BHP team.

Last edited by Harbir : 27th March 2009 at 20:39.
Old 27th March 2009, 20:57   #270
BHPian

Harish has been more than kind to them saying they deserve a patient listening. They dont seem to deserve these niceties.

Absolutely appalling the way a 'premium' customer is being treated.

Last edited by Volt : 27th March 2009 at 21:04.

Most Viewed