Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2013, 16:53   #1486
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 5 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Car was at JMD. I am not sure though. I havent seen it since I went to court.
The next date is on the 22nd of April.

Thanx for your wishes.

Correct. What hurts them is bad publicity and bad publicity only. This thread is creating more damage than my court case. I receive at least two calls per month from aggrieved Skoda users. I am working on non judicial options. I will keep them spending on damage control, advertisements and 5 year free Fabia schemes.

Thanx for the support.
No mate, Thanks for your perseverance. 5 years might sound long but it is still one day at a time.

When I wanted to buy a hatch in 2011, I almost went for the fully loaded Fabia Diesel, but thought about you and especially the emotional turmoil which skoda put you through and went instead for a beat petrol.
THAT WAS A REALLY BAD MOVE ON MY PART. Not the Skoda, but the petrol part. So I sold my Beat in 2012, and even when SKODA YETI was on my radar and I could have easily afforded, went ahead with the Duster RXL 110.
Skoda, If you are reading this, and I sincerely hope you are, that is 2 cars in 2 years from a single customer. Way to go.
And Harishv, Thank you for doing this and going the distance and showing us the way.
Neil Roy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 22:05   #1487
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 5 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
Even if the Consumer Court gives a judgement in your favour, Skoda can ignore it and not pay any damages. Then the only course left to enforce the judgement of the Consumer Court, is to go to a Civil Court. Which with backlog of cases can take 10 years. No doubt, finally Skoda will have to pay the damages + interest (if the Consumer court's judgement is so), but will such a delayed victory be worth it?
I am not writing this to demoralize you, fully understand your stand. Just offering a point to ponder upon.
I fully appreciate your point. However, if they take this route, I feel it would prolong this matter which would enhance their disrepute even further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
But then I also feel there comes a time and situation in each of our lives when it just comes down to the principle and not the money / stress. We feel enough is enough and it doesn't matter where it goes but the principle needs to be taken to its logical end -
Right said diff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Oh for sure! believe me over past 2 years I have discourage atleast 20 people from buying a Skoda or a VW. I myself bought the accord instead of superb no matter how many gadgets they were offering and I am damn happy at 20k kms.

Now for the math 20 cars at say 10 lac average cost. That would be 2 cr of just sales and after sales revenue extra. Thats just me as one of the members on forum imagine how many have done this and still doing this. You thread is hitting them where it hurts and why not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Harishv, Many thanks for this thread.

A sales team from the local Skoda Dealer had dropped in to my office with their sales pitch. Listened to them, then told them how bad their ASS is, and what others are going through. They of course said it can't be true. Then made them read the first page of this thread, they had no answers for why the parent company can take this issue lightly.
Hopefully they report back saying that the sales are suffering because of such incidents and you get your long overdue justice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
What people like Harish are doing is forcing a change in attitude at the dealer and the company level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Time and again i chance upon this thread and i wish for some sort of closure in this episode. But, justice is a drag in India.
Meanwhile, I keep dissuading any prospective car buyer from thinking about Skoda products and am sure the word of mouth has its effect. 3 known cases atleast. Even my colleague with zilch knowledge of cars said "skoda dhaandle baazi karti hai - isn't it"

Even i love the Yeti for what it offers - but - NEVER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
No mate, Thanks for your perseverance. 5 years might sound long but it is still one day at a time.

When I wanted to buy a hatch in 2011, I almost went for the fully loaded Fabia Diesel, but thought about you and especially the emotional turmoil which skoda put you through and went instead for a beat petrol.
THAT WAS A REALLY BAD MOVE ON MY PART. Not the Skoda, but the petrol part. So I sold my Beat in 2012, and even when SKODA YETI was on my radar and I could have easily afforded, went ahead with the Duster RXL 110.
Skoda, If you are reading this, and I sincerely hope you are, that is 2 cars in 2 years from a single customer. Way to go.
And Harishv, Thank you for doing this and going the distance and showing us the way.
Hey guys, thats an awesome bunch of support. Will try and live up to all your encouragement and expectations and try and bring this episode to a satisfactory closure.
Old 11th March 2013, 00:06   #1488
Senior - BHPian

Hi Harish,

One of my friend who is a lawyer in Delhi High Court, won a case against Skoda, in December 2012.

here is the small report published in TOI.

"Luxury car maker Skoda India Pvt Ltd, has been ordered by Delhi State Consumer Commission to pay one of its car buyers Rs 20.17 lakh, including Rs 2.5 lakh in compensation, for selling him a defective car.

The state consumer commission relying on the service history records and receipts of expenditure submitted by the buyer, observed that the car purchased in April 2005 had to be taken to the service station 33 times for repairing defects, many of which were manufacturing ones, and it cost Rs 1.65 lakh to the customer."

If you need any assistance from him, i can speak to him and then forward his number to you.
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 17:41   #1489
Senior - BHPian

http://www.rushlane.com/gm-ordered-t...e-1269196.html

As per the above article in Rushlane, Court (Consumer Forum) has ordered General Motors India Pvt. Ltd to replace the defective Opel Astra car which was sold to an advocate in the year 2000, & its owner had to resort to repairs over 20 times since purchase.

Hope this is useful to you.
Old 11th March 2013, 18:09   #1490
Senior - BHPian

Just to add perspective to this thread, though all my sympathies are and always will remain with Harish, my one year ownership experience of the Skoda Superb is posted here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3062876 .

The service experience with Skoda has improved greatly in the last one year. I hope for Skoda's sake that they solve Harish's case at the earliest so that more and more people are encouraged to taste the fantastic Skoda experience that (at least) I am experiencing with my Superb.

Cheers...
Old 11th March 2013, 18:24   #1491
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe that Harish has already achieved one great success in chasing out one bad apple in the Skoda dealership barrel. That was a victory. The trouble is, that, so far, it has cost him his own car.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 19:34   #1492
BHPian

After almost two years members (judges) of the forum appointed.

However since only one of them was present there will be yet another date.

Next date 28th June.
harishv is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 20:03   #1493
Distinguished - BHPian

And I would say once again: Hats off to your patience and endurance. It pains me to a great extent to see Skoda so unwilling to let go of its ego even after so long. One car is peanuts for a car company and its surprising that they are ready to let there image sink each day in front of thousands of car buyers but not rectify there mistake.
drmohitg is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 20:52   #1494
Senior - BHPian

I am just surprised at how patient and relentless you are. 5 years is a very long time. People buy and sell a car within 5 years and here you are, fighting against the system. I sure do applaud your efforts and the smallest thing that i could do was promise myself never to buy a VW / Skoda and have also shared this with so many more who have gone ahead and changed their choice.

For a company who thinks of us as lesser mortals, this is what we can do. I just hope to see them pack their bags and leave someday soon.
Desmosedici is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 00:46   #1495
A M
BHPian

I've never seen and probably will never see a person who is as patient as you are.
The judicial system has shown that kanoon is really andha(blind). Tareekh pe tareekh.
Isn't there a system through which you can go to a higher court or complain to, about the judges leaving you in a lurch?
Justice delayed is justice denied.
A M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 07:17   #1496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
I've never seen and probably will never see a person who is as patient as you are.
Yes, while I respect Harish perseverance, I've seen in my very close circles where people waited (maybe still waiting) for decades to get justice. Can't complain much since the entire system including the common man is part of the cause.
Old 23rd April 2013, 08:11   #1497
BHPian

I am planning for a new vehicle and was tilting towards Vento. By reading this thread, I am skeptical about the A.$.S. May be VW loosing one more potential customer.
Old 23rd April 2013, 09:07   #1498
Senior - BHPian

100 pages of this thread and about 1500 posts. Even if we assume that all the 300 posts by harishv (till date) on this forum are only on this thread, that means 1200 posts by others.
Even if there are 100 people posting these 1200 posts, and each has dissuaded at least one Skoda purchase, this means at least 100 Skoda sales were reduced due to this one thread. This is only counting the number of people who posted here. there could be many more who are buying some other make just by reading this thread.

Skoda Auto, whosoever is in charge of handling this case at your end must be a really business savvy person. 100 sales minimum lost due to one case where I am sure they must have also spent a lot of money and efforts. I wonder who approves such things at the company and at what level!

harishv, I am sure you have expended a lot of energy and efforts in this case. I am even more sure that Skoda has had to lose multiples of these efforts. Again, I know this is not your objective, but though the case is dragging on I am glad Skoda has to pay somewhere else.
One Yeti that I did not buy. Just scroll back and count the number of other lost sales. It would have been common sense for them to have just settled the case.
selfdrive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 09:23   #1499
BHPian

Count me in & make it a 102!!

This thread is the only reason I have kept Skoda out of my mind for the last 2 vehicle purchases!!
mikem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 09:31   #1500
BHPian

Me too, I like the Yeti very much , but I am very afraid of SKODA.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks