Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2013, 11:51   #1606
gemi_kk

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 5 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Although it is a strategic thing to do, I have never bumped up this thread during a Skoda launch.

I was travelling hence the delayed response to the last few posts.

1. The relationship between Skoda and Nummer Eins is on a principal to principal basis. Assuming without admitting that the original parts were replaced with spurious parts by Nummer Eins, Skoda is not at all responsible for the said acts of Nummer Eins.

2. Mr. Dee ( JMD manager ) forwarded the mail (vehicle inspection report) to Harish Kanchan on the strength of his representation that he will provide Mr. Dee with better career opportunities and higher monetary compensation. Mr. Dee further informed me that the said mail was forwarded to Harish Kanchan on his assurance that he requires the said document for his understanding that he will not forward the same to any external person or use the information for any legal proceeding.

8. There is no question of Skoda replacing the said parts and/or reimbursing the cost of replacing the said parts, as sought to be suggested by Harish Kanchan.
Sorry for a delayed post.

Haha... this is how they do it. Let them deny everything. Because, they cant accept / support any your statements by any means. If they accept any of your statements, then the game is over then and there.

What matters to you is, You have evidence, which you have already submitted in court. I think, nothing else is considered. Also, for #2, they cant present any evidence. So i think, it can be ignored.

Also, #2 could be used in your favor mentioning that, skoda is hiding important information from its owners. This is considered as a bad practice in industry. Some words like "Hiding truth from owners", "Poor quality products, so hiding truth", "Unacceptable practices which no one does", etc could be used to exploit them on this.

Hold on Harish.. A storm is comming. Let it pass. I feel you are close to the judgement day.
  (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 11:56   #1607
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 5 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post

Also, #2 could be used in your favor mentioning that, skoda is hiding important information from its owners. This is considered as a bad practice in industry. Some words like "Hiding truth from owners", "Poor quality products, so hiding truth", "Unacceptable practices which no one does", etc could be used to exploit them on this.
Idiots. They have accepted that this 'vehicle inspection report' by Mr. Ramakrishna Surabhi exists and was forwarded to me while in the same breath in a following para they say Mr.Surabhi did bot conduct the inspection.
harishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 13:46   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Idiots. They have accepted that this 'vehicle inspection report' by Mr. Ramakrishna Surabhi exists and was forwarded to me while in the same breath in a following para they say Mr.Surabhi did bot conduct the inspection.
Harish, I guess these submissions from Skoda for the court are pretty standard. There is no point in Skoda fighting the court case if they were to admit to wrong doings. These kind of tactics are what lawyers are paid for.

However, just wondering, in your struggle over the last few years, did Skoda at anytime make any efforts to settle this out of court with you? And if yes, were they even reasonable with what they could offer as part of any out of court settlement?

From my own corporate experience, a vast majority of corporates would like to settle matters outside court, especially MNCs, instead of getting into long drawn court cases, especially ones with huge reputation risks.

Additionally, perhaps highlighting your cause in a big way on social media just around the time of Octavia launch might have been a good strategy to get them to negotiating table? Although - I guess that time is past now.

Last edited by bobbafett : 11th November 2013 at 13:48. Reason: Added further thoughts
Old 11th November 2013, 13:56   #1609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post
However, just wondering, in your struggle over the last few years, did Skoda at anytime make any efforts to settle this out of court with you? .
No. They didn't. The dealer tried a lot before the issue broke open.
Old 15th November 2013, 10:26   #1610
Senior - BHPian

The Times of India (Cochin) carries a story about a court case against Skoda (the Superb this time). While the petition has been dismissed and the petitioner has been asked to approach the consumer disputes forum, the fact remains that there is another very frustrated customer wanting to highlight the poor quality and service of the company. Here is the link -

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/25781098.cms
wilful is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 16:18   #1611

Another story involving a Skoda dealer duping people..

http://www.dailypioneer.com/city/sko...s-6-crore.html
kookaburra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 20:04   #1612
BHPian

DNA my dear friend DNA. From the 1st MD Imran Hassen to this GM Amit Kumar Sharma. It's all in the parentage.
Old 16th November 2013, 20:51   #1613
BHPian

It's really sad that Skoda is not improving ASS, tbhp has many such Skoda horror stories but still no change.
Old 21st December 2013, 18:00   #1614
BHPian

any updates buddy?

i seriously hope that moderators make this post a sticky on the forums
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 14:37   #1615
BHPian

I really don't know what to say. Keep up the good work, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

P.S: Skoda Octavia review on T-bhp should highlight this issue, just to let the customer know what is in store for them

Last edited by sharoncr_17 : 23rd December 2013 at 14:39.
Old 23rd December 2013, 20:47   #1616
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
All I can say is no VW product for me or my family and I also advise friends to avoid the pests.
Just returned from 650kms drive from Shridi + Shani Shingnapur, I did not see SINGLE skoda or VW cars in the whole journey which also includes 260 kms drive on mumbai nasik express way! This clearly shows people do not trust German cars in general.

I guess people in Maharashtra villages area only drive.

1) Mahindra 70%-80%
2) TATA 5%-15% (mostly transport)
3) Maruti 10%-15% (mostly old models)
4) Hyundai 2%-5%
5) Toyota Innova 2%-3%

Also, seen some john deere tractors being transported.

Last edited by Max : 23rd December 2013 at 20:50.
Old 23rd December 2013, 21:33   #1617
BHPian

While I understand what happened to this gentleman is wrong and that Skoda must be penalized, I can't help but say that Skodas are probably among the finest cars I have ever driven. The build is solid, the engine note is sweet, handling is crisp and braking is impeccable. This I am saying about the Octavia 1.8 petrol which a relative of mine owned a few years back. And the design/shape, its hard to fins a gorgeous car like that. Too bad the service is a miss.

Cheers!
Rohan
rjalihal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 22:09   #1618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post

Just returned from 650kms drive from Shridi + Shani Shingnapur, I did not see SINGLE skoda or VW cars in the whole journey which also includes 260 kms drive on mumbai nasik express way! This clearly shows people do not trust German cars in general.

1) Mahindra 70%-80%
4) Hyundai 2%-5%
5) Toyota Innova 2%-3%

Perhaps, you chose to be blind to skoda and VW.
I would believe if you had to say that, you didn't see rhino or premier Rio or force one or other such flops.
If you say that you didn't spot a single Skoda or VW (that includes old octavia, superb, Laura, Fabia, Rapid, Yeti, new octavia, Polo, Vento, etc..), I doubt the credibility of such report.
Yes, you might have seen loads of mahindras or marutis, but that doesn't belittle others.
It's natural to see Street dogs and cats in a society, compared to wild lives. That doesn't mean dogs are superior to wild life...
Anyways, I respect your personal blindness.
Old 24th December 2013, 11:06   #1619
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
If you say that you didn't spot a single Skoda or VW (that includes old octavia, superb, Laura, Fabia, Rapid, Yeti, new octavia, Polo, Vento, etc..), I doubt the credibility of such report.
Yes, you might have seen loads of mahindras or marutis, but that doesn't belittle others.
It's natural to see Street dogs and cats in a society, compared to wild lives. That doesn't mean dogs are superior to wild life...
Anyways, I respect your personal blindness.
Blindness! Dogs! Cats!! what are you talking about! You make no sense to me at all! I was just pointing out what I seen during my trip to this rural part of India. It sounds like you are spiked by the fact skoda and VW group make very unreliable cars backed by horrible after sales service (hence this thread), hence they do not sale in good numbers outside metro cities where reliability and service is of utmost importance. Its the fact eat it!

Btw, I don't think they can cheat rural people like this. If it was the rural area villagers would have beat the hell of the dealership and dealership would have filed case instead!

Last edited by Max : 24th December 2013 at 11:16.
Old 24th December 2013, 11:34   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post

1) Mahindra 70%-80%
4) Hyundai 2%-5%
5) Toyota Innova 2%-3%

I MAY (but I Don't) believe that you didn't see ANY VW / Skoda vehicle during the entire trip, but your observation that people in general don't trust German cars is absolute rubbish IMO.

While German cars may not be as hot selling as our home-grown ones, but they are far ahead in terms of refinement, and there's no denying that. IMO, majority of people in India still PLAY SAFE while buying a vehicle, which means that they preferably stick to Marutis and Hyundais citing vast service network and all that.

The Germans have a long way to go as far as their after sales are concerned, but Skoda is taking a few steps in that direction, and it's online service calculator is one such example.

Team-BHP community comprises of a very minute percentage of people driving cars in India, but even they, after reading such reports (Like Harish's) have gone ahead to buy a Skoda / VW and are immensely happy with their purchase. Talking of people in general, I guess they have no doubts about the reliability of German cars, but yes, they do think that German cars are expensive to maintain, and hence may shy away from buying one.

Talking of people in villages all across India (not just Maharashtra), they have always preferred the Boleros, Sumos, Safaris and Scorpios. So, even the sedans like the SX4, Verna, City may be too little in numbers in these areas, let alone the Ventos and Rapids.

Most Viewed