Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2009, 11:44   #151
GTO
Team-BHP Support

It would be interesting to know who the management group of the erstwhile Nummer Eins was, and whether they have any other business interests in authorised dealerships. I know I'd never want to visit a dealer of any brand that has the same lousy management.

@ Harish : Any information on this?
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2009, 11:53   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
Anyway Harish, I lost track of what you want out of this once you do win in court, a new skoda car(which they could offer) or a fat cheque for damages.

I know you are trying to change the system and get skoda to clean their act but at some point you will need to settle for something, can't really live with this madness for years, seeing as 1 year is already up, so what will that something be?
Gagan

You have a wonderful point there, and i guess it would be easy to sell it back to skoda dealers.

Damages awarded in our courts are very minuscule. Anyways, if money was the objective i would have settled with Nummer Eins. But honestly, I would love to see Nummer Eins and Skoda penalised for a heavy amount.

In my entire correspondence with Skoda I have always had only 2 demands
1. My car to be returned properly rectified with original spares
2. Action to be taken against the dealer.

What I never asked from them, although I am entitled to, was compensation and replacement with a new car.

Skoda took care of one of my demands. God knows what's holding them back on the other. All they had to do was just say
'We are sorry. We have chucked the dealer out. Here is your repaired car back'. Simple.

However now that it is 1 year that the car has been lying in a low lying area in Bhandup throughout this monsoon, I have no clue as to the condition of the car. Here, after judgement, i would like to avail of our own TBHPian expert help to assess the condition of the car and whether I should collect the car or claim for the value of the car.

Changing this system is a nightmare friend.
Old 25th March 2009, 11:54   #153
BHPian

problem is, its a matter of your car and not some name plate of some paan wala shop in English, else people would have gone out of their way to shut it. You know whom do I mean by 'people'. Shame on our system and our politicians who cannot save the interests of the masses.

PS- the ruling party should be removed for good.
Old 25th March 2009, 12:02   #154
BHPian

Absolutely shocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Dear Kapil.

I am fighting with Skoda for the last one year now. You may be aware their dealer in mumbai, Nummer Eins had replaced spurious parts in my car to the tune of around 4 lakhs.

I followed up with
Andreas Prinz, MD, Volkswagen India
Jorg Mueller, President, Volkswagen India
Eva Dradkova, Consul General, Czech Republic, Mumbai
Reinhard Jung, Chairman, Skoda Auto, Czech Republic
Karsten Bugon, MD, Skoda Auto India
Adam Pavel, Customer Care, Skoda Czech Republic
Walter Stechel, Consul General, German Consulate, Mumbai
Bernhard Steinrucke, Director General, Indo German Chamber of Commerce
i was helped immensely by the media namely
Hemal Asher, Mid day
Soumitra Pote, Maharshtra Times
Danish Khan, Mumbai Mirror
Ravi Rao and Hafeez Mateen, Times of India
Durgesh Singh, Navbharat Times
S. Muralidhar, The Hindu

Harish Kanchan
harishv: GOOD LORD!

That is the most harrowing story I've ever heard about any car manufacturer/dealer let alone Skoda. I own a Fabia and have a moderately successful thread running on this forum- and by that I mean 95% or more posts have been happy ones. The only gremlins that have crept into the car/Dealer-relationship have been no more serious than a rattle in a glove box or an unsettled front suspension, and they've been sorted satisfactorily- this is a report from Dealers across the country. If the rattles haven't stopped- as in one or 2 cases, at least a genuine attempt was made to rectify them, and the car owner went away appeased (by this).

I am sorry to hear of your plight and exhort you to fight the fight and take them to the cleaners. We pay good money, and they grow by it- we are not to be swayed by a hegemony, a parasitic one at that. If -and it does seem the case here- it is non-professional dealers that are tainting the name of the Brand by delivering poor service, it is our duty to bring it to the notice of the foreign principals who- like you pointed out- are in the dark.

The media truly is supreme- we saw them cause the ousting of a deficient, callous Maharashtra Government in the aftermath of the terror attack- GO FOR IT. RATTLE THEM!

If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to PM me. I feel really bad for you.
Old 25th March 2009, 12:03   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It would be interesting to know who the management group of the erstwhile Nummer Eins was, and whether they have any other business interests in authorised dealerships. I know I'd never want to visit a dealer of any brand that has the same lousy management.

GTO.

I do have this information. Draw your own conclusion. I believe Nummer Eins has started a new venture with ex Skoda MD as partner, called

Roadworx (Roadworx.in) is a aftermarket service center for high end imported cars.
It is promoted by One Stone International Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai in joint venture with Roadworks, Hamburg, Germany

The Directors are :
Imran Hassen (Ex-Skoda MD)
Ravneet S. Medi (NummerEins)
Frank Lischewsky (Roadworks, Germany)
H.S. Vijan (NummerEins)

Presently they have 6 branches in India - 4 in Mumbai, 1 in Pune & 1 in Gurgaon
Of this 5 branches are handled by NummerEins & Pune is with Velocity Motors

The web site of Roadworks, Germany is Roadworks - Automotive Products
Contact details :
ROADworks © -automotive products

Frank Lischewsky

Hellgrundweg 109 • 22525 Hamburg • Germany

Phone +49 40-84 07 01 - 0

Fax +49 40 - 840 70 119

hello@roadworks.de

info@roadworks.de
Old 25th March 2009, 12:08   #156
BHPian

net chef

You are right net chef. This is what I mentioned in an earlier post.

the car is good.

but the management and the dealers have simply blended into the maze of our system. corruption and lethargy have set in resulting in the indian customer being treated with utter disdain.

german and czech directors in skoda should be seasoned professionals, I presume. I don't think it requires any kind of rocket science for them to assess the success they could achieve with the quality of the car and genuine care for their customers.

short term individual gains resulting in the brand getting a bad name.

biggest thing is their reluctance to accept a fact and say sorry which would go a long way instead of trying to brush it under the carpet.

GTO,

Till I was dealing with them I knew Joginder Singh Vijan and I think his son Shammi Singh Vijan were the bosses.

Last edited by F50 : 25th March 2009 at 12:15.
Old 25th March 2009, 12:15   #157
BHPian

Dear Harish. I don't know what the condition of your car would be at this point of time but trust me, the first time that I was to collect my car, six months back, it was in the most shocking condition one can never even imagine of. For starters, no front grils, broken headlight, dent on side rail and bonnet, rippled windshield rubbers, deflated tires, all wet ineterior, broken ashtray, broken steering column casing, all air con vents broken, dead battery, burnt fusebox installed, complete audio wiring disconnected, broken d pillar dressing, missing inspection cover of tail gate lock, torn rear seat and I have it written from the Dealership that the car is absolutely ready for delivery and I must collect the same to avoid aprking charges.

This is Skodas obsession to quality. They only beleive in quality of money received.

I truly suggest that this ordeal must be brought into the lime light and Skoda must face damages. Its high time.

So in a nut shell, your car should be, if not better, in a similar condition if its been standing for one year. No point taking the car back. Have the dealership buy it back for the full amount. And stress that you are paid for all damages, including reimbursement of the interest you're paying on your car loan.

I've been offered a six month unlimited mileage warranty on the car and a free timing belt replacement at 60000 kms. Though they should have reimbursed my 2.5 Lacs for the wiring harness. Nevertheless, I am still not keeping quiet and will continue to spread the word that Skoda India and Continental Motors Delhi are hand in hand cheats.
Old 25th March 2009, 12:16   #158
BHPian

Harish:

You seem to have done your home work thoroughly! All the best buddy - I am confident you will shake a rotten system out of its roots for the benefit of all automobile lovers,

Cheers,
Old 25th March 2009, 13:27   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my entire correspondence with Skoda I have always had only 2 demands
1. My car to be returned properly rectified with original spares
2. Action to be taken against the dealer.

What I never asked from them, although I am entitled to, was compensation and replacement with a new car.

Skoda took care of one of my demands. God knows what's holding them back on the other. All they had to do was just say
'We are sorry. We have chucked the dealer out. Here is your repaired car back'. Simple.

However now that it is 1 year that the car has been lying in a low lying area in Bhandup throughout this monsoon, I have no clue as to the condition of the car. Here, after judgement, i would like to avail of our own TBHPian expert help to assess the condition of the car and whether I should collect the car or claim for the value of the car.

Changing this system is a nightmare friend.
its quite simple if they go for the second option Nummer Eins will expose all the SKODA officials who are part of this. These officials will stand naked when nummer eins will tell the court how skoda officials are involved, not only in your case but in 100 more such cases. the only difference is you caught them while other customers till date dont even know what components has nummer eins put in thier skodas.

your car might be in a very bad condition lying un attended by them. i think we all together must find a way out of this.
12 lacs is a huge amount that will go in vain like this.

How about stopping the installments of the car so that bank people come to pick the car and they join you? just a vague wild idea. i dont know whether this will be correct.
Also if some local polititian can help you?
Old 25th March 2009, 14:11   #160
BHPian

I read similer thread on this forum earlier too, from Skoda owner. I too feel that Skoda car should be removed from the banner.
Old 25th March 2009, 14:19   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
GTO.

I do have this information. Draw your own conclusion. I believe Nummer Eins has started a new venture with ex Skoda MD as partner, called

Roadworx (Roadworx.in) is a aftermarket service center for high end imported cars.
It is promoted by One Stone International Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai in joint venture with Roadworks, Hamburg, Germany

The Directors are :
H.S. Vijan (NummerEins)

Presently they have 6 branches in India - 4 in Mumbai, 1 in Pune & 1 in Gurgaon
Of this 5 branches are handled by NummerEins & Pune is with Velocity Motors

The web site of Roadworks, Germany is Roadworks - Automotive Products
Contact details :
ROADworks © -automotive products

Frank Lischewsky

Hellgrundweg 109 • 22525 Hamburg • Germany

Phone +49 40-84 07 01 - 0

Fax +49 40 - 840 70 119

hello@roadworks.de

info@roadworks.de
Thank you for this information Harish, a friend in Mumbai was considering sending his car to Roadworx. I have alerted him that that place is a definite no-no at all costs.
Old 25th March 2009, 14:20   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrajdr View Post
I had been a great fan of the VW/Skoda brand - that is till I read this post. For lack of a better example, this is similar to the airline staff's attitude in Lufthansa - They treat you like king from US to Frankfurt and different from Frankfurt to India. For Indian clients, anything goes - even if we are paying the same cost for the services. The worst part is that our legal system is so slow and poor - these guys know fully about this and entirely leverage it to their advantage.
This is OT. But you can see how all the passengers stand near the gate blocking everyone, not heeding to suggestions that they sit down and can board the plane when there numbers are called etc., Utter disregard to rules by Indian passengers.
These same passengers follow all rules when they embark in U.S airports.
Old 25th March 2009, 14:26   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Utter disregard to rules by Indian passengers.
These same passengers follow all rules when they embark in U.S airports.
Bravo. Well said. It always amazes me how well Indians can behave outside India.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2009, 14:37   #164
BHPian

Harish don't accept the car back, it's obviously been lying for 1 year in bad condition and even if they repair it for free some other problem that their engineer didn't notice might crop up. Which will lead to further annoyance.

Ask them to buy that piece of junk back from you for the full amount + damages.

Also they distanced themselves from the dealer but have not taken any criminal action against them?!
Old 25th March 2009, 15:34   #165
Senior - BHPian

Amazing how the right question hits a mother lode of information

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Thanks GTO for asking this wonderful question. It has elicited an awesome amount of information that is rather telling:

Quote:
GTO.

The Directors are :
H.S. Vijan (NummerEins)
The ex-MD of Skoda is partners with this crowd. Whether he was partners with them before leaving Skoda or not might or might not alter things too much, but his jumping into bed with them after leaving Skoda speaks volumes about their cosy relationship.

LOL Harish, I have to agree with AD when he said "Saab, kitna khodoge - utna keechad niklegaa" or words to the effect that things will keep getting murkier. Just one word of advice, when things get murkier they are more difficult to resolve, often the resolution, retribution, reparations etc are too dis-satisfying for the scale of the scandal.

Cheers,

Most Viewed