Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2014, 15:30   #1726
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Hi Folks

Just to let you know that I reached a fair and satisfactory settlement with Skoda Auto India today.

By making customer satisfaction its top priority, Skoda under its new leadership is steering the company in a positive direction.
This is great news ! Can you share more details around the settlement if that is ok with you? Thanks.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:32   #1727
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Quote:
Hi Folks

Just to let you know that I reached a fair and satisfactory settlement with Skoda Auto India today.

By making customer satisfaction its top priority, Skoda under its new leadership is steering the company in a positive direction.
Harish, that is indeed good news and a major victory for consumer protection in India. Hats off to your perseverance, and patience.

Hope the settlement also accounted for all the agony & hardships you had to go through for no fault of yours, other than paying your money to get their product. It should also account for all the cheap tricks played by them earlier.

Hope all manufacturers respect their customers, hear their grievances, and help them with a positive and open mind. If nothing else, they trusted that product would meet the needs

Last edited by raghu.t.k : 19th August 2014 at 15:33.
raghu.t.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:34   #1728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks

This deserves raising a toast, definitely not to Skoda (despite their settlement) but to you for standing up and raising voice till you go what you deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTLovesNano View Post
one of my remark has been that of the two options of prosecuting a thief in our courts and negotiating with the thief, I will prefer the later. Our judicial system has been an epic failure and in many heinous crimes, it is them who have murdered the justice system more than the criminals themselves
There can absolutely be no doubt about this.
And the first reason for general lawlessness in India.
Corrupt and ineffective police would be second reason.

Why would I care about law when I know civil cases take decades to come to conclusion?
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:34   #1729
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court *UPDATE* Skoda settles the

Harish, your perseverance has won it for you; nothing else. Since the matter is settled and hence no longer sub-judice, I think you will let us know the terms of settlement.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:39   #1730
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court *UPDATE* Skoda settles the

Very happy for you Harish! I have been reading your thread for past many years, and every update has been just so negative and depressing. I admire your persistence and patience throughout this ordeal. Hope you got your desired outcome.

It's sad than courts could not come to conclusion after so many years, but all is well that ends well! Cheers my friend, may your next car(s) be ever so trouble free.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:41   #1731
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Folks

Looks like the statement is Skoda sponsored/inspired! Congratulations all the same.
sgiitk is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:44   #1732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks

That's good news harish! Can't tell you how happy I feel. Seeing this thread on top, opened it hesitatingly to read a mundane - "next date xx september". But what do I see!

Finally!

Will it be possible to disclose the settlement with us.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:45   #1733
BHPian

Congratulations!!
This thread is legendary I remember reading this and staying away from Skoda when I bought my first car.
RROD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:45   #1734
BHPian

Firstly, I would like to express my gratitude to Team-Bhp and all its members for the enormous support extended to me. A big shout out to GTO - Rushabh Parekh for personally seeing this settlement through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
WOW! Great news Harish waiting to hear for years!
Hi diffsoft. You were always first off the blocks. Even in your support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Congrats Harish bhai.

Mithai khilao.

btw:which will be your new car now.?

Waseem.
I already have 2 cars. No new car for now. Mithai - any time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Not to undermine your feeling of relief after this long drawn out battle but do you really mean this statement about new leadership steering company in a positive direction?

I hope you find time to provide more details. Did the new leadership beg for forgiveness or what?
About the new MD, from what I visualised in this last month, and if it continues, Skoda's downslide will defintely be arrested.

More than begging for forgiveness, the need of the hour was to set things right. which they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMeMyself View Post
Congrats! Happy to see you out of your misery.

I can safely assume your second statement has been fed to you by Skoda and is probably a part of the terms of your settlement.
It was not. That statement is entirely mine and I mean it. The new MD talked. And he walked the talk.
harishv is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:46   #1735
BHPian

Many Congratulations for the settlement of the vase though the statement seems to be given to you by Skoda itself.

eagerly waiting for the details once you settle for the compensation.
vc.vinay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:51   #1736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Congrats Harish.
Skoda has finally corrected their long pending mistake.
If this thread has generated bad press for them in the past, it surely would generate good one too now onwards.
I can atleast 'start' considering Skoda whenever I plan to buy any car in the family, earlier it wasn't in the consideration list due to this thread.

P.S. : You may have written only two sentences, but to many of us it felt like personal victory and comparable to climax scenes in movies like A Beautiful Mind (committee member informing Russell Crowe about Nobel prize), The Pursuit of Happyness (Job Interview scene) and many more. Congrats again!!!
Thanks for sharing this victory so personally. Really appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

Will it be possible to disclose the settlement with us.
Regret I cannot at the moment. But I got back what I had lost. I am satisfied with the outcome.
harishv is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:56   #1737
Team-BHP Support

Congrats and we all were happy to support you in any way we could.

Do you really want your car back after sitting and gathering dust for the past 5 years?
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:58   #1738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Congrats and we all were happy to support you in any way we could.

Do you really want your car back after sitting and gathering dust for the past 5 years?
I am not taking the car back.
harishv is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:59   #1739
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Harish!
This has been awaited so long. It's good settlement is done amicably though a bit late. I can understand you can't share the details right now but I am hoping they had either returned the full amount for the car or given you a new one.
Cheers!
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 16:02   #1740
BHPian

Finally! Skoda India Listens! Mr. Sudhir Rao, The MD, SAIPL is a through gentleman. we - Shankar Balan, Soham Bhaumik and Myself have had the pleasure of seeing his style of functioning when Soham Bhaumiks Yeti met with an accident, and when the Coimbatore dealer was playing up, a mail from Shankar to Sudhir, with a CC to me and Soham, did make a lot of difference; and yes unlike the other 'Managing Directors' he did reply, with a direction to the after sales team to expedite and close matters!
Sunilrj is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks