Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2014, 09:48   #1816
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court *UPDATE* Skoda settles the

Congratulations Harish.
The long battle finally won.

Going through all the responses, I felt fellow members (and me too) are more happy for you coming out of it with happy tune to sing; rather than being happy for Skoda for ending the stalemate.
And THAT says a lot about future of Skoda.

Perseverance and staying positive all these years is really appreciable. Not everyone can do it.

Will I ever buy a Skoda? NO.
Despite the positivity they have shown as you have vouched over last month? NO again.
Will I recommend Skoda to anyone who asks me? NO again.

Thanks GTO and others who had directly and indirectly helped Harish come out of this.
This feels like a personal victory (and speech) for me.
advaitlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 09:50   #1817
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court *UPDATE* Skoda settles the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

The absence of a public statement is going to make the whole thing hang around in people's minds a whole lot longer. Maybe Skoda still has a thing or two to learn about PR! I hope Skoda is not foolish enough to think that this closes the book on the whole issue. Skoda, one word: internet. It doesn't go away.
So true, Thad. Without a public statement from Skoda, it is not possible to believe that Skoda has gone the whole distance. I would still think that you will need a person of Harish's perseverance to get justice from Skoda.

But, ultimately, it is their business and their company. It is for them to decide whether to satisfy the customer or to bury their company under their own ego. And till then, customer has and will get plenty of alternate options!!
Old 20th August 2014, 10:18   #1818
BHPian

Good going Harish sir. But it isn't fair to get just what you lost. What about the mental torture one might have gone through? Well, i know i hoped you would get a "fair" settlement(a new car and settlement for mental trauma). However, thanks for perservering through till the end. This is a victory of an indian customer over a corporate and thus sends the message of what one can do if they don't give up. Congrats again sir.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 10:24   #1819
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Harish! Skoda should be happy that they could settle your case.

It looks like settlement is fair after fighting them in court for more than 5 years, that's what I could make it out from your replies.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 11:03   #1820
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Just to let you know that I reached a fair and satisfactory settlement with Skoda Auto India today.
Congrats Harish. Not trying to be too intrusive, but can you share some more light on this "settlement"?

No need to go into the monetary details but the object would be to offer a template to fellow BHPians on what they can/should expect from such a settlement (granted each specific case will have it's differences).

Last edited by navin : 20th August 2014 at 13:00.
navin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 11:17   #1821
BHPian

Congratulations Harish. I can only imagine what a relief it must be for you. I hope the new MD turns things around and we can rely on the brand going forward
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 11:20   #1822
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Hi Folks

Just to let you know that I reached a fair and satisfactory settlement with Skoda Auto India today.

By making customer satisfaction its top priority, Skoda under its new leadership is steering the company in a positive direction.
This one solely belongs to you. Hats off on your perseverance and how you stood the pressure from Skoda. I for one opted not to buy a skoda after reading your escapade. Hope this changes Skoda's attitude. Also Skoda if you listening about time you come hard on you Dealer network.

Last edited by EasyR1der : 20th August 2014 at 11:24.
EasyR1der is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 11:22   #1823
Senior - BHPian

Great news Harish. Glad that the case got settled finally , no one else but our judicial system to blame for such lethargic attitude by corporates.

I believe Skoda still make great cars and if it's really true that Mr. Rao is walking the talk , this maybe the best time to get a Skoda while he is at the helm.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 12:01   #1824
Senior - BHPian

I am glad that the suspense is finally over. This thread probably will be closed in near future.

Kudos to Harish for persisting for 6 years.

Both sides have paid a heavy price in time/ money/ energy over time and that is a loss for both sides.
Skoda has accumulated a bad reputation and they won't be able to shake it off for the next five years. In between they have challenges internally with the parent VW group bosses.
I would still not consider buying a Skoda car in warranty.

Of course, a pre-owned, out of warranty car is still a good option if you know a competent FNG workshop nearby.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 12:35   #1825
BHPian

I am following this thread since it was created. never thought of posting or commenting on this thread which i felt may not be a value add.

After reading the settlement of the case i am behaving as if i was fighting the case i won it. Recently when i had to change the car, Rapid was way less than what vehicle i picked up. This thread was running in my head everytime i thought of skoda vehicles.

To add to their agony the sales rep and sales center's were so sober ( for which we have numerous thread in this very forum). I never turned back and considered this car. Picked up Verna. Very happy with the purchase.

Hyundai Showroom treated me good. nothing exceptional but nothing bad too. The only manufacture i can compare to skoda showrooms are HONDA. they think they doing big favor on us by selling cars. Never will i visit this honda showroom again.

congrats and All the very best harish. Your dedication has paid off. Only one word comes to my mind now is RESPECT.
Endofdayz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 12:37   #1826
Senior - BHPian

Dear Harish

Having gone through all the posts, your ordeal and your frustrations, hats off to your patience and perseverance!!

Alls well that ends well..

Though we all are eager to know hows and whts and the whats of the settlement, it is absolutely fine that the terms are not discussed.

Like most Bhpians here, I too feel like a personal victory and heave a sigh of relief that the case is settled and more importantly, you are personally satisfied with the outcome.

As for the car, a donkey cart service would be a better new role for the Octy!!

And for us, mithai please.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 12:48   #1827
BHPian

Indeed happy for you Harish! Hats off to your persistence. In today's age no one would go all out like you and fight it out, that too against an MNC! You've definitely set an excellent example.

However, as swiftnfurious has stated in another thread, even I feel this; Skoda agreed for a settlement cuz they could see where they were heading, they saw it that they would lose and if the media covered it, it would have harmed the company's image in a big way. They would have lost many potential customers after the court's verdict and also many other cases would be filed against them by the already disgruntled customers.

Fighting such a long case with your customer, even when you're wrong, is just not acceptable in my books. Even though Harish has been compensated "satisfactorily", I'd still never buy a Skoda myself or even let a friend/relative buy one. You can't erase all your misdeeds and wrongdoings by compensating just One customer. All the Skoda Horror Stories cannot be forgotten just like that!

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 12:52   #1828
BHPian

Congratulations Harish!
You stuck to your guns for six straight years, an accomplishment in itself, its not easy to stand the corporate power and the extremely slow pace of our judicial system. Finally the ordeal has come to an end, and I so happy for you! Just hope that no one else ever has to endure what you have.

I have been following this thread for so many years, and felt much elated .. like a personal victory. Would have loved to know the details of the settlement.. but I can understand your situation.

And, I will still not go for a Skoda and neither recommend it to anyone!

Congrats once again!!!
psp62in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 13:24   #1829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Congrats Harish. Not trying to be too intrusive, but can you share some more light on this "settlement"?

No need to go into the monetary details but the object would be to offer a template to fellow BHPians on what they can/should expect from such a settlement (granted each specific case will have it's differences).
This settlement talks started in May with GTO and Skoda having a discussion. I was out of town then. In July Skoda and I met briefly and ironed out issues. This interaction convinced me that Skoda was seriously considering addressing customer grievances. I was also satisfied with the proposal to settle my case. Finally, withdrew the case yesterday.
harishv is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 13:25   #1830
Senior - BHPian

Skoda could have easily reached this 'out-of-court settlement' some 4-5 years ago, instead of watching this whole while it's name being tarnished and dragged around in mud. At some level the management surely feels that they can play the system, which gives their misbehaviour and callous disregard a swagger and that edge of cockiness to it. It is a failure of Indian judiciary and the Indian political class that walks hand-in-hand with such corrupted management and facilitates them by not implementing lemon laws or enforcing local laws that defend consumer rights on them.

Edit: Saw harishv's post just now and discussions started in May.

Last edited by lurker : 20th August 2014 at 13:27.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks