Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2014, 13:31   #1831
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court *UPDATE* Skoda settles the

Awesome news - Congrats Harish - party to banti hain

I am back to considering Skoda as an option - it was off due to this particular case. Although late, justice seems to have been done.

Wishing Skoda better days ahead!!
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 13:51   #1832
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
This settlement talks started in May with GTO and Skoda having a discussion. I was out of town then. In July Skoda and I met briefly and ironed out issues. This interaction convinced me that Skoda was seriously considering addressing customer grievances. I was also satisfied with the proposal to settle my case. Finally, withdrew the case yesterday.
A big feather in the cap for GTO and Team-BHP. It is really great that he has helped you achieve this. Adding to my previous comment, you are both champions of the consumer world. Not just the motor world, champions of all consumers.

To those who are requesting Harish to give more details, I think we should stop. It is entirely in his hands, according to his judgement and his agreement with Skoda. Requests are not going to change that.

The clause, if it exists, probably restricts even mentioning the existenc of the clause. Well, nothing wrong with letting Skoda know how dangerous it is leaving these things to our assumptions and suppositions. The ball is in Skoda's court, not Harish's. My bet is that it will stay there, with Skoda remaining silent. We may draw whatever conclusions we choose to draw from that.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 14:10   #1833
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Just to let you all know Skoda intends to open up seperate channels with Forums to collect customer grievances and address them. I am not sure about how they are going to go about it but this is on their agenda.
harishv is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 14:26   #1834
BHPian

First of all, let me congratulate you on the win. Its great to see that you are satisfied with the settlement. I sincerely hope that those are your own words. Take a bow, Harish, your persistence in this issue is truly, truly inspiring. Big thanks to GTO and other senior members of T-BHP for the support given to Harish.

Quote:
Just to let you all know Skoda intends to open up seperate channels with Forums to collect customer grievances and address them. I am not sure about how they are going to go about it but this is on their agenda.
This intention from Skoda is welcome, as someone who is a new customer of Skoda, as I'm waiting for delivery of my Rapid.
Horizon81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 14:49   #1835
BHPian

Quote:
If it ever happens then it will really be a great move by them. Hope they are also able to develop some guts in them to screw the dealerships which are not delivering upto the mark.

Anyway, feeling very happy that you got your issue resolved Harish. Hats off to you that you were standing till the end in this fight.
tbppjpr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 15:25   #1836
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court *UPDATE* Skoda settles the

So, we have had 8 pages of congratulations being addressed to Harish. Congrats Harish.

Now, the bottomline is:

a) Skoda agrees that it made a huge mistake in mis-handling this case
b) Skoda has demonstrated adequate intent to own-up and rectify the situation arising out of a mishandled case

This makes for a compelling argument to think that Skoda is trying its bit to improve its own brand image in India.

Hopefully, they can work on expanding their service network and bringing the warranty and guarantee terms inline with what they offer in Europe. That should get them serious business, which they have been missing for so long now.

All is well that ends well....at least that is true for Harish and his long journey towards remediation.
rdhawan15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 16:19   #1837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhawan15 View Post

Now, the bottomline is:

a) Skoda agrees that it made a huge mistake in mis-handling this case
b) Skoda has demonstrated adequate intent to own-up and rectify the situation arising out of a mishandled case

This makes for a compelling argument to think that Skoda is trying its bit to improve its own brand image in India.
Umm, no. Not even close.

They just settled the matter with one individual, who was more stubborn than they could have imagined. They have settled one matter after 6 years of threats, court case and behavior abhorrent of a service provider. I have not heard or seen any official statement from Skoda to suggest that they will not drag another unsuspecting individual through court for years, before settling the matter. Or change their attitude towards their customers.

A swallow doesn't make summer. Their reaction and behavior, in this matter over last 6 years and in general with dealership and ASS, is more of a testimony of their attitude, not settling one matter. Though I am glad they have been put through this.

I hope this case is better publicized to raise consumer awareness, but if you don't see it outside T-Bhp, rest assured Skoda is bending backwards to ensure it. And that by itself tells me that nothing's changed. It's one court case less, that's it.
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 17:14   #1838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
Umm, no. Not even close.

They just settled the matter with one individual, who was more stubborn than they could have imagined. They have settled one matter after 6 years of threats, court case and behavior abhorrent of a service provider. I have not heard or seen any official statement from Skoda to suggest that they will not drag another unsuspecting individual through court for years, before settling the matter. Or change their attitude towards their customers.

A swallow doesn't make summer. Their reaction and behavior, in this matter over last 6 years and in general with dealership and ASS, is more of a testimony of their attitude, not settling one matter. Though I am glad they have been put through this.

I hope this case is better publicized to raise consumer awareness, but if you don't see it outside T-Bhp, rest assured Skoda is bending backwards to ensure it. And that by itself tells me that nothing's changed. It's one court case less, that's it.
Exactly my point; nothing has changed at Skoda. The new MD that HarishV is now very much in awe of hasn't done anything about a much more serious case of VineetKr who almost lost his life and is now physically disabled on account of an explosion and fire in his Skoda vehicle. Mods, please consider VineetKr's request to create a separate thread so as to highlight and garner support in a case that should be given maximum coverage. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3510045

HarishV's case pales in comparision to VineetKr's case when it comes to Skoda respecting dignity of life of an individual. _
IMeMyself is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 18:29   #1839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks

Just to let you know that I reached a fair and satisfactory settlement with Skoda Auto India today.

By making customer satisfaction its top priority, Skoda under its new leadership is steering the company in a positive direction.
I am sure many, many people will be happy now - several people I know have been tracking this case for years.

Personally for me, this outcome may give me a little more strength to fight next time somebody cheats me.
vina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 01:04   #1840
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court. *UPDATE* Case Settled!

Congrats HarishV,

Patience and Perseverance wins.

I have been following your thread from the first post till today.
I would have forwarded this thread's link to many people in my circle on the possible issues and service level to be expected out of Skoda.

On one hand, I feel its a great news to hear that matter is closed outside the court. On the other hand, it pains to see that judiciary was of not much help in this case.

Its also heartening to see that Online forums and social media in general is being taken very seriously by all corporate and sorting out the issues.

I have seen many cases related to Banking / insurance services being closed on Facebook pages itself and hence 3 cheers to YOU and online forums like OURS.
arunu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 02:03   #1841
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
... several people I know have been tracking this case for years.
In fact, the internet has now become a less interesting place!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 07:41   #1842
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post

They just settled the matter with one individual, who was more stubborn than they could have imagined.
It's one court case less, that's it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMeMyself View Post
Exactly my point; nothing has changed at Skoda.
Unfortunately on a realistic note, I would have to agree with you guys. Nothing conclusive can be said about Skoda and their outlook regarding grieving customers and quick resolution of customer issues - it's just one long lasting and highly visible case that has been mutually resolved behind closed doors.

Also we need to remember that Skoda alone wasn't the main issue, the dealers and their chalta-hai blame-everything-on-the-customer attitude was and is probably still the core issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
I am sure many, many people will be happy now - several people I know have been tracking this case for years.

Personally for me, this outcome may give me a little more strength to fight next time somebody cheats me.
I do feel extremely happy for Harish in getting a satisfactory outcome, but I feel a lot of those tracking this case are possibly going to be asking the same Q on what matters was this finally resolved (not talking about the monetary aspects).

Unfortunately the resolution happening in the background, I doubt we are going to see any answer on that - we didn't see any interim update about Skoda reaching out to the mods, did we? So the question will always linger - what are the steps Skoda is planning to take up to resolve the issues in the overall scenario with regards to all the parties involved - the customers, the dealers, and Skoda India.

@Harish,
At the minimum if it is possible, as Navin suggested, please do share a template/flow of events that can be followed by others in such a situation. I don't think most of us would be aware of the entire gamut of all you have had to do over the past few years.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 07:41   #1843
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court. *UPDATE* Case Settled!

Great news Harish !! Your perseverance has paid off. I am GLAD to have known a person like you thru team bhp. Thanks to Team BHP for supporting you and for letting all of us know about the updates regularly.

We will get to know the outcome offline thru some team bhp meet.

Where is GTO ?, I would love to hear his narration of how the events unfolded.

Last edited by F150 : 21st August 2014 at 07:54.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 08:09   #1844
BHPian

Quote:
This settlement talks started in May with GTO and Skoda having a discussion.
Congrats harish for reaching a settlement. But I will not be changing my opinion of skoda anytime soon.
carbookie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 09:28   #1845
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Harish,

I'm really happy that this ordeal is over for you. And importantly, with an end result you're satisfied with.

This community is always happy to help a BHPian in trouble. I don't think we've met in years now, but I do remember talking to you when this case originally began, and recommending the Toyota Corolla to you then. Members who've commented on this thread, and some guests who dropped an email via the 'contact us' form, have stood by you like a rock.

The new team @ Skoda definitely handled this matter with the right attitude. One guy in particular (you know who you are) pushed hard to resolve this case. Thank you!

Now, lets talk about that treat you owe us BHPians. Kebabs at Bade Miyan?

Last edited by GTO : 21st August 2014 at 09:36.
GTO is offline   (23) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks