Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2009, 17:57   #241
BHPian

Harbir

I think the damage is already done. They should not have come on Team-Bhp and issued such threats. It has lost all respect and enraged so many people on Team-Bhp who are so passionate about automobiles.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 27th March 2009 at 17:58.
Old 27th March 2009, 17:58   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
Even Toyota / Honda admit their mistakes. Then why cant Skoda, not even a tenth their size admit it!!
And now they want to threaten us huh!!! duh!!! That's why they will never reach the scales peaked by Honda or Toyota. Even Hyundai being a Korean Company who makes 'cheap' cars in the US market is known for their 5 year - 100,000 miles warranty & relatively lower cost of ownership, nevermind the "Snob" value. That's how they all have come up. To see the post by Meghna is really disappointing. For a moment when Harish said that we should wait and listen to her view too, i was gullible enough to be fooled for a moment that wait... there is still light at the end of the tunnel, only here the tunnel never ends!

Last edited by anilkalvani : 27th March 2009 at 18:02. Reason: P.S. My signature change today is not merely suggestive but applicable!
Old 27th March 2009, 18:04   #243
BHPian

hey, can somebody save the entire contents of this thread so that it can republished elsewhere in case team-BHP is forced to delete it?

EDIT: ok, I have saved the entire thread so far. If this thread is deleted, I will make sure all the contents published so far are republished in a site outside India. I have a web host that can take vbulletin based webforums, so I can set up a new forum just for the discussion of this. IF this thread disappears and you would like to assist in taking up the issue via republication elsewhere, help with setting up the forum, etc, send me a PM.

PS. this is not an attempt to set up a rival to Team-BHP so our guys needn't be concerned about it. I am taking this up for us, for the idea of the freedom of the internet, as a resistance to corporations and governments trying to supress free exchange of ideas and information through their economic, judicial and political clout.

Last edited by Harbir : 27th March 2009 at 18:15.
Harbir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2009, 18:05   #244
BANNED

1. I have put up the link of the above sotry in my Facebook's 'What am I doing' news feed.

In that I have requested people to post a comment that says " Yes I am doing my bit to fight injustice!" so that the same feed goes to their friends and so on.

2. I have entered the above story's link in my Gtalk messenger status.

3. I have entered the above story's link in my msn messenger status.

4. I have forwarded the above story's link to all the contacts in my gmail and hotmail email account.

5. I have done my bit to contribute to this fight for injustice. Have you ?

I have the right to my own opinion and I can express it to my friends. No law in the world can stop that, not even Indian laws.
Ragin_Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2009, 18:16   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoda Corporate View Post
Hi there,
It saddens us here at Skoda that things have escalated to this point and we have tried to engage but the truth is that some of the comments are now extremely offensive and defamatory. They are personal atacks on our company, staff and me as an individual.

We have tried very hard to engage but users are simply not being reasonable or letting us partake in the forum and allowing us to be heard.

It is very simple- all of the facts are not represented here and we have been informed that from a legal standpoint, we cannot disclose them as doing so may affect the outcome of the case.

Meghna.
Partially quoted above,

Is it a ploy from the Skoda legal team to show a "sincere" attempt by Skoda to resolve the issue and the complainant actually making the stakes higher and tarnishing the brand.
In the best case skoda will use this in their favor the legal case and in the worst Skoda will sue Team-BHP and all of us for defamation!
Old 27th March 2009, 18:19   #246
Senior - BHPian

First of all, why would team-bhp have to do that?

I have been following this thread right from the first post and nobody here at team-bhp has threatened or attacked Skoda or any of it's representatives. Yes, we have raised our voice and criticized Skoda's pathetic customer service and downright deplorable dealerships. Skoda was the one who called for all this with their despicable behavior and shying away from criticism is even more unbecoming of Skoda now. All I can say is, Skoda, as a brand is causing irreparble damage to itself by exhibiting such behavior.
Old 27th March 2009, 18:21   #247
BHPian

I wonder howmany customer Skoda has lost because of this thread. I had scheduled a test drive on a Skoda Laura for earlier this week but the dealer cancelled and rescheduled it for Monday.

After reading this thread I will call the dealer and tell him to cancel the test drive. The big discount on Skoda Laura isn't worth the hassles IMHO.

Good luck Harish!

Last edited by CarsPG : 27th March 2009 at 18:41.
Old 27th March 2009, 18:23   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
... For a moment when Harish said that we should wait and listen to her view too, i was gullible enough to be fooled for a moment that wait... there is still light at the end of the tunnel, only here the tunnel never ends!
Same here! Thought for a moment that someone is actually here to set the wrong right! But no; the Indian public is just supposed to listen to what is being told, shut up and live with the worthless service being given to them.

Our money is the only thing they want; dam our satisfaction or expectation of getting any value for our hard earned money!

Talk about arrogance, this one is the best I have EVER come across.

I have never advocated anyone against any product but just given my views. But now, this one is for sure something that I am going to go against. Not going to miss a chance!

God save our country!
Old 27th March 2009, 18:24   #249
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hahaha, this is getting better by the minute. Skoda's head is too far up its own you-know-what. Threatening a website where one of their cars is considered one of the best (vRS). I'm subscribing to this thread, it's going to be a fun ride .
Old 27th March 2009, 18:27   #250
BHPian

I would not be surprised. if someone from skoda now says that the member skoda corporate does not represent them, and someone impersonated them to give skoda a bad name.
Old 27th March 2009, 18:29   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
I would not be surprised. if someone from skoda now says that the member skoda corporate does not represent them, and someone impersonated them to give skoda a bad name.
lolz +1 to that. Now everything is possible
Old 27th March 2009, 18:31   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... and someone impersonated them to give skoda a bad name.
Oh, don't worry. Spot on there, Hemanth. This will be the exact line they will take.
Old 27th March 2009, 18:44   #253
BHPian

Originally Posted by pranavt

Hahaha, this is getting better by the minute. Skoda's head is too far up its own you-know-what. Threatening a website where one of their cars is considered one of the best (vRS). I'm subscribing to this thread, it's going to be a fun ride .

absolutely pranav, what a sham

Last edited by jasher26 : 27th March 2009 at 18:45.
Old 27th March 2009, 18:48   #254
BHPian

Quote:
I would not be surprised. if someone from skoda now says that the member skoda corporate does not represent them
Skoda Corporate claimed to me in a PM that they are an external firm doing PR work for Skoda. If they mess it up, as they are doing, they will get fired, and the Skoda would be telling the truth in saying that Skoda Corporate doesn't represent them.
Old 27th March 2009, 18:48   #255
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Skoda Corporate;1233516]
Quote:
Hi there,
I hear that there are disgruntled customers and we are doing our best to provide a consistently good service level.
YES next time you can make sure that the duplicate parts are punched with SKODA logo on them so that no one will make out.

Quote:
As I have mentioned before, please get in touch with our customer services representatives who will be able to help you on any other matters not relating to the current court case.
whole of the skoda couldnt help Harish for 1 year. what next?

Quote:
I have been advised to forward to you the following notice pertaining to this thread of the forum.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rned-year.html
notice from whom?

Quote:
I have been advised to inform you that the hosting or publishing of such information (which , does not represent all of the facts) would instigate both Team-BHP as well as the various users in the ongoing court case.
please post all the facts here if you are feeling Team-bhp is going biased. Please ask your lawyers about that.
i think skoda will close this case soon otherwise people will start putting posters in the whole city about skoda.nowdays flex printing has become very cheap, so we all see many posters of birthdays and other programs of polititians
yes you can instigate all 40000 users. please send a SKODA to pick everyone if you want statement of each person here in the court. i am asking Skoda so that it breaks down on the way

Quote:
It saddens us here at Skoda that things have escalated to this point and we have tried to engage but the truth is that some of the comments are now extremely offensive and defamatory. They are personal atacks on our company, staff and me as an individual.
no one is mad here to post here unnecessarily. it has hurt everyone. still i say please post the entire hidden fact according to you. If Mr.Harish is hiding the facts and gaining support please tell us all the facts.

Quote:
We have tried very hard to engage but users are simply not being reasonable or letting us partake in the forum and allowing us to be heard.
we are very well hearing what you are saying here, please hear us too

Quote:
Skoda India is a highly reputable company and does not entertain any kind of foul practices by their dealers. In fact, Skoda India is an active member of the society for indian automobile manufacturers who are against any conterfeiting in the market.
do you have a check on all employees working with SKODA? please tell us how. How do you check the foul practices done by dealers? have you employed watchmans there? i think they need night duty too as some parts with harish vehicles were being transported at night.

Quote:
It is very simple- all of the facts are not represented here and we have been informed that from a legal standpoint, we cannot disclose them as doing so may affect the outcome of the case.
till then please bear with us

Quote:
It is somewhat confusing to us that Mr. Harsih Kanchan feels he can!
we all are confused here.

Quote:
Please contact customer services with any concerns or issues and we will inform you all of the outcome of the case.
we are eagerly waiting for the outcome. i hope it goes right. i pray for SKODA as well as HARISH. i have driven skoda on number of occasions and i was in Love with it.

Most Viewed