Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2009, 11:21   #301
Senior - BHPian

yes i have done it again. yesterday was Gudi Padwa and my friend who works with a Italian company was supposed to get a brand new car from his company head office. he was going to buy a skoda. after all the budget aproval and the procedure i brainwashed him continously since 3 days. he mailed all the threads to his boss in italy.
i wont post here what his italian boss said, but now he got a toyota ALTIS.

i will take a nice party from him today.
Old 28th March 2009, 11:53   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
he mailed all the threads to his boss in italy.
i wont post here what his italian boss said, but now he got a toyota ALTIS.

But do tell us .. Please!!

At least in your own words.. will make for very interesting reading I'm sure!
Old 28th March 2009, 12:08   #303
adc
Senior - BHPian

Skoda use your brain, not your back

Quote:
Skoda Corporate
I have been advised to inform you that the hosting or publishing of such information (which , does not represent all of the facts) would instigate both Team-BHP as well as the various users in the ongoing court case.

Went through this thread's recent developments and as everyone just has me amazed. - A siimple gesture, rather than all this legal posture, would have undone all the ungood and things would have been back to smooth as ever.

But no there are some legal threats in some very poor English. Well they are doing this just like Barkha Dutt of NDTV smothered free speech of a blogger.

Chyetanya Kunte Vs Barkha Dutt & NDTV - A Fiasco |Abhishek Arora

Vantage point: NDTV - Self-righteous, ill-advised or both?

But here it is no soft mud that Skoda is digging, and if any real iota of truth and honesty is left in Skoda, act now in a positive manner - still possible but then... will you all change overnight, does not look so....

If there is again a threat like this, surely we will make sure it goes through the whole gamut of the blogging community not just remain confined to an auto website forum.

So on less work Saturday morning, here's my crap rap...

First of all We really welcomed the ID Skoda Corporate
Soon but the talk became so disparate & disproportionate
Initially tries some sweet talk serve-customer lingo
Suddenly within 2 posts, threatens to release the legal dingo??

What ya think like trying some hard posture
bulldoze with your false-hollow rapture
Free speech and truth vs your sick lecture
Get real, wake up, cut the crap
Follow the next few lines of this dumb rap

Stop the cacophony of bad sounding legal intrumentals
Improve the real experience & street credentials

Cmon after all you are some honcho in marketing
Think clearly and honestly and stop freaking
As said, when in a hole, just gotta stop digging
Come out, feel the sunlight, be forward looking

Use your brain not your back
Customer service is what you lack

There's a geniuine loss of confidence and trust
which was restored by the court quite fast
But still you pushed the stakes needlessly higher
To Save what, the shady dealers and some of your liar [s]

Gawd, why dont Skoda put the customer right
And everything ends up in the most positive light
But looks like Skoda is really hellbent on a bigger blight, right?
With worst show and abuse of corporate power & might

For the nth time, Skoda you better check yourself
before you completely wreck yourself

But still if you want to be evil like Knievel then jump
Tbhp guarantees to see that your punk back catch the speed lump
Shortly and surely will come the big final blow
Sending Skoda once and for all to the death row

Amen

Last edited by adc : 28th March 2009 at 12:22.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:15   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
So on less work Saturday morning, here's my crap rap...

First of all We really welcomed the ID Skoda Corporate
Soon but the talk became so disparate & disproportionate
Initially tries some sweet talk serve-customer lingo
Suddenly within 2 posts, threatens to release the legal dingo??

Amen

GOOD HEAVENS ADC!

Damn you are good with this thing - and prolific!
Old 28th March 2009, 12:18   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoda Corporate View Post
Hi, I'm the Marketing Communications Manager at Skoda India

Thanks to all the comments. Although we love good feedback, we think any feedback is worthwhile in helping us improve our cars and customer service.

We’re focusing hard on reading blogs and social networks to ensure we have good two-way communication with our customers. We try to cover as many posts as we can but if they aren’t responded to, you can rest assured they were read and taken into account.
Sadly on this post, I can’t make a comment, as Harishv knows, because this case is currently with our lawyers.

If anyone would like more information or has more feedback, feel free to contact our customer care executives at +91 240 2475999 or +91 240 6631256/64 or you can mail your queries and concerns regarding your Škoda car to skodadealersupport@misupport.net or post here.

Please leave your mobile number for speedy resolution of your concern.

Thanks, Meghna
You have given an e-mail address that is not in a skoda domain. Your profile says that you are in Delhi but your telephone numbers are in Aurangabad. May we have some consistency / explanation please.

As already mentioned, Skoda and any/all it's representatives are welcome to post their views and opinions here.

Quote:
Hi all,
just to respond-

This matter is Sub-judice with the legal system here in India and it has been advised to let the legal authorities give judgement after viewing all of the facts on the case.
Till then, it is unfair to comment or form opinions on any person, a brand or a group of people as we have been advised to not comment.
We at Skoda are here to help service our customers at all times and will ensure that once the court decides on the case, we will be more than happy to share it with all of you.
Just to let you know- we are taking this feedback to heart and it is helping guide us so it really is appreciated.
The only thing I would like to add is that this is an exceptional case and we are focusing on a fair and balanced outcome for all parties.
Just as a reminder, our contact details (as given previously) are manned by a team of customer service representatives and I would heavily encourage you to get in touch directly on any other matters you may have with any Skoda products.
At this time, I hope you can appreciate that we are taking the advice given.
thanks again,

Meghna.
The matter being sub-judice does not prevent anyone from talking, unless it subverts the course of justice. I too am against a 'trial by the media', but there is something called a healthy interaction.

If I take your advice and not form an opinion about Skoda till the outcome of the case is known, I will have to refrain from buying a Skoda till then. Are you sure that is what you want?

I hope your "customer service representatives" are well acquainted with the product and are empowered to outline the course of action that Skoda will take in each case and, also give a reasonable time-line for resolution. It is rather irritating to call a customer relations centre only to be given a ticket/docket number and be told - "we will get back to you in 24 working hours" or some such.

Quote:
Hi there,
I hear that there are disgruntled customers and we are doing our best to provide a consistently good service level.

As I have mentioned before, please get in touch with our customer services representatives who will be able to help you on any other matters not relating to the current court case.

I have been advised to forward to you the following notice pertaining to this thread of the forum.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rned-year.html

I have been advised to inform you that the hosting or publishing of such information (which , does not represent all of the facts) would instigate both Team-BHP as well as the various users in the ongoing court case.

It saddens us here at Skoda that things have escalated to this point and we have tried to engage but the truth is that some of the comments are now extremely offensive and defamatory. They are personal atacks on our company, staff and me as an individual.

We have tried very hard to engage but users are simply not being reasonable or letting us partake in the forum and allowing us to be heard.

Skoda India is a highly reputable company and does not entertain any kind of foul practices by their dealers. In fact, Skoda India is an active member of the society for indian automobile manufacturers who are against any conterfeiting in the market.

It is very simple- all of the facts are not represented here and we have been informed that from a legal standpoint, we cannot disclose them as doing so may affect the outcome of the case.

It is somewhat confusing to us that Mr. Harsih Kanchan feels he can!

Please contact customer services with any concerns or issues and we will inform you all of te outcome of the case.

best,

Meghna.
I agree that everyone should share the full facts. Everyone, including Skoda.

You say that you have tried to engage the users, but the users are simply not being reasonable or letting you partake in the forum or allowing you to be heard. I have found 4 posts by you (all of them are reproduced here). In none of them have I found anything which might be construed as your point of view. Each one of them contains bland statements and asks customers to contact specified phone numbers, e-mail addresses etc.

No brownie points for saying:

"We have noted the customers' complaints/concerns in the forum and are working on it. We shall keep you posted about the outcome."

or

"The full facts have not been posted here - they are as follows ............, please draw your own conclusions."

or

"Skoda has taken note of the several complaints from customers and have revamped their complaint redressal system. We hope that this works. The new complaint redressal system works as given hereunder: ................"

or anything on the above lines.

While I agree with you that everyone should refrain from making defamatory and objectionable statements. There is some such thing called as fair comment on things in the public domain. This forum does have a self-correcting mechanism whereby wrong statements are challenged and proven wrong by stating the facts. There are several threads on TBHP where wrong statements have been confronted and the truth brought out.

Quote:

I fail to understand what you mean by "instigate". Sam Kapasi has suggested an alternate, but I am not sure that is what you mean.

Instigation is a crime in itself. If you meant "implicate". That would be a threat. Threats too can be construed as crimes. Whether crimes or not, threats are not considered polite or proper. No one takes kindly to threats. In some cases threats can be actionable in a court of law and can entail both civil and criminal remedies.

In any case no business can afford to threaten it's customers or probable customers. Therefore I will presume that you meant something else.

Cheers,
Old 28th March 2009, 12:26   #306
BHPian

adc, you got skills bro. Whats with the amen though after the rap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra
If I take your advice and not form an opinion about Skoda till the outcome of the case is known, I will have to refrain from buying a Skoda till then. Are you sure that is what you want?
Hah nice
Old 28th March 2009, 12:30   #307
BHPian

Team Bhpians

We have spoken. I am starting to act.

I have initiated steps towards filing a class action law suit against Skoda. I have started talking to my lawyers long back. I need people to come forward.

I am putting my cards on the table. I am ready to bear the legal and other expenses to the max that I can. Please do not misunderstand. I do not mean to sound pompous. Anybody who wishes to chip in is welcome.

I propose to hold a press conference in Mumbai, inviting all leading publications, car magazines and anybody of relevance. Suggestions are invited from our members.

I need members affected to come forward. I would like to request them to furnish me on hard copy and soft copy, all relevant documents about their experience including bills, job cards, e-mails, letters, pictures etc. I am willing to make each one's dossier. I will submit it back to them for their approval. Once they approve I can hand them over to the lawyers.

I can suggest some lawyers who are close to me. If Members have better alternative options, we can collectively decide ang go ahead with the lawyer of common choice.

I already have 3 Skoda owners from Mumbai and Pune with me, who are not our members. I have asked them to become a Team Bhpian and they would love to.

Here we go - I propose to start this list and increase it.

1. Harish Kanchan - Nummer Eins - Mumbai
2. Kapiljolly - Continental - Delhi
3. Diffsoft offered to join. Can I have you at number 3 diffsoft ?

Would any other affected Team Bhpian, Skoda owner, like to join ? Would require your presence at the Press Conference.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:46   #308
Senior - BHPian

Harishv , dont know how far you will go , but all the best .
May be we should start a "SKODA QUIT INDIA FUND" , even 10 Rs per person X 40000 Tbhpians will be 4 lakhs and 100rs will be 40 lakhs . We are with you . We will spread the word so that this becomes a cake walk to you .
Old 28th March 2009, 12:48   #309
BHPian

the story told by harish is not even half of what he has gone through. know a friend of his who is helping him with the case. its shocking.

Skoda has a lot to learn from Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Maruti before they can compete with them
Old 28th March 2009, 12:48   #310
BHPian

harishv,

Godspeed my friend. We need more people like you all over India if the miserable attitude of establishments (car companies, restaurants, government offices, pretty much everything) towards their consumers id ever going to change. Good to see that you are not a person with the "chalta hai" attitude. If I know anyone who has had a miserable experience with Skoda ( I'm sure I can throw a stone from my house and hit such a person ) I'll tell them to join you. Its going to be a long and painful fight I'm sure but you will be the torch-bearer for all such consumers at least from this forum in the future. All the very best buddy. We are all with you.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:52   #311
BHPian

Count me in Harish:

Give me about 10 days to prepare a dossier with all evidence that I have and I will send it to you.

Cheers,
Old 28th March 2009, 12:53   #312
BHPian

Harishv, We are all with you. Although I do not own a skoda and those in the immediate family/ friends have long back sold theirs, if needed I will come to the press conference to support you. Further you can PM me if any help required in this issue. I will try my best to help out in whatever way possible.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:57   #313
BHPian

Do tell us where and when you will hold the press conference so those of us from Mumbai have the chance of coming even though we don't own skodas.
Old 28th March 2009, 13:17   #314
BHPian

class action suit

1. Harish Kanchan - Nummer Eins - Mumbai
2. Kapiljolly - Continental - Delhi
3. diffsoft - Tafe - Bangalore.

Am I right about the dealer diffsoft?
Old 28th March 2009, 13:19   #315
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
the story told by harish is not even half of what he has gone through. know a friend of his who is helping him with the case. its shocking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
Whats with the amen though after the rap

Well, we havent still heard half the trouble the gentleman is going through. So there are some more facts - and we were open to the facts and truth from Skoda side also and not only from the customer himself.

But no, the language is gross, abusive and stinks of corporate shallowness - threaten the whole auto community in particular and the gamut of internet users in general.

So what can expect, Skoda is headed for the death row. Thats why Amen - so be it.

Also for Knievel: Evel Knievel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by adc : 28th March 2009 at 13:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks