Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 17:46   #391
Senior - BHPian

Phew!
3 days i was not active on the forum and so much has happened!
Very heartwarming to see so much support coming from all over for a fellow bhpian.
Will post further remarks in the thread created by GTO.

A question- Has anyone started something on facebook, orkut and other popular sites related to this?
IF yes post the link here and if no i will start it surely.

@Harish- We are with you mate so need not worry about anything.

Regards
Harsh
Old 30th March 2009, 17:50   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Phew!
3 days i was not active on the forum and so much has happened!
Very heartwarming to see so much support coming from all over for a fellow bhpian.
Will post further remarks in the thread created by GTO.

A question- Has anyone started something on facebook, orkut and other popular sites related to this?
IF yes post the link here and if no i will start it surely.

@Harish- We are with you mate so need not worry about anything.

Regards
Harsh
hey harry10 welcome back, wondered where you were. Lot of BHPians have done their bit. Numbers for class action suit are slowly mounting. Thanx
Old 30th March 2009, 18:06   #393
BHPian

I reckon the "cancellations" that many T-bhp members are quoting would have a bigger impact if there was some manner in which the act can be effected online .A scanned copy of a formal quotation received from Skoda or any correspondences would help.Even just the Sales rep's name can be mentioned maybe, or day of test drive/visit to showroom and what model was shortlisted.

Its not for us members to be convinced, but for readers from all over the world (including the Skoda Brand) to know that this forum is serious,high profiled and well educated in the Indian Automobile Sector. As GTO put it, we stand for the Truth, so i would suggest (cant think of a softer word,Yeti can help me out)the ones who talk about cancellations also give some weightage to it.

No offense meant, but i best hide from the bricks that will be hurled in my direction! :-).Just hope and wish that Harish's misery shall end and all our contributions do not go in vain.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 30th March 2009 at 18:07.
Old 30th March 2009, 18:23   #394
BHPian

3 more cancellations, got my customer who has a glass factory in Gujarat and office in Bombay to cancel his plans to buy 3 Laura's one for him and the other 2 for the directors. Sorry absynth can't show you a copy of the quotation coz it didn't reach past the 'brochure' stage.

This thread has been shown to a whole lot of people at my end directly, through forwards and facebook and will spread.

Its fast becoming a movement that will be hard to contain...

**EDIT**
@absynth
I think the results in the sales figures will reflect only in the April sales IMO.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 30th March 2009 at 18:31.
Old 30th March 2009, 19:20   #395
Senior - BHPian

at today's HT city, an ad came as "laura starting at 12.45 lakh" for a limited perior.

is this a substantial discount or just a minor discount?

and skoda has organised a "free summer check up camp between today and april 11". if anyone goes, make sure that you stand with your car and no person steals things like parts, sensors etc.

otherwise, the free check up camp will become a "freed cheque up camp."
Old 30th March 2009, 21:35   #396
BHPian

@sidindica: Maybe these are 2008 left overs, or some defective vehicles for unsuspecting customers. At the end of the day you can still "fool some of the customers all of the time"

Last edited by diffsoft : 30th March 2009 at 21:36. Reason: Because I think Skoda cheated me and I can't get over it
Old 30th March 2009, 22:43   #397
BANNED

Quote:
India has draconian laws prohibiting the news media from publishing any materials relevant to an ongoing case. However, the courts cannot prevent private persons from discussing the case in public.
This thread is growing faster than Skodas can fly. Or faster than the list of complaints on your Skoda. (Pick your choice, and "both" is a valid option).

And the above quote is from page 16.

Just two alphabets about the sentence in bold - "no". Courts will not interfere with accurate reporting of what happens in a court proceeding.

Edit:- After reading the posts by "Meghana" (hope I got the spelling right), I am (not) surprised that their lawyers have advised them that they should not tell a public forum that they have not replaced good parts from the car in question.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 30th March 2009 at 22:59.
Old 31st March 2009, 00:00   #398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Its not necessary that a person working for skoda should be owning a skoda. Also AFAIK skoda (or any other company) would not gift a car to their employee. Mahindra, Hyundai and Skoda are in different price brackets and segments.

That joke is in a bad taste.
Point taken, and we should have no hesitation in attacking the professional, rather than the personal...

but

Doesn't a senior marketing person in such a company get a company car? I'm certain they would in most countries? And if so?
Old 31st March 2009, 00:20   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Doesn't a senior marketing person in such a company get a company car? I'm certain they would in most countries? And if so?
They need the senior marketing person to come to office and work everyday, right? And not spend valuable company time at their various service centers. It is obvious that the company car would NOT be a...SKODA !
Old 31st March 2009, 00:38   #400
BHPian

Hi, Mr. Harish, I am totally shocked surprised and in an agony over what is going on with the consumers. For sure Laws as taught and as applied are different but being a CA and CS student I am in a way disappointed over the incident that from Last so many months your car is not with you which means Mental Physical and Financial trouble even if one owns surplus Conveyances. The company should have a stipulated time period for the repairs but on that comes the time a case takes to be decided in Courts.
All The Best for the effort. This will Turn into a revolution. A Good Cause Will Bring a Good Result.
Is this the time to remove the RED SKODA from FORUM?

Last edited by reveal_da_zeal : 31st March 2009 at 00:43. Reason: A bit of addition
Old 31st March 2009, 00:54   #401
BHPian

I have decided that I'll never own a Skoda in my life!
Old 31st March 2009, 01:45   #402
BHPian

So i went yesterday to book my Swift VDi at Vipul Motors Noida. There i meet a young gentleman contemplating between a Swift Dezire VDi or a Fabia(Basically for a quick delivery as compared to the Dezire) . I made sure that i tell him about OP's case and the Skoda stand on the case and he booked his Dezire right then and there.

Skoda Corporate if you are reading this... "TRUE STORY "
Old 31st March 2009, 08:02   #403
BHPian

i had done a test drive of fabia on 1st week of april ( sunday) and had got a quote. i td ed at gurudev motors chennai. mr sathish was the sales executive. . i wanted to buy the car but after seein this thread i decided not to buy. what would happen if skoda does the same in my car too.........what a bad attitude .......not only that i have refrained 4 of my friends ( corporate setup) from buying a skoda fabia and laura by showing these threads and they have booked different cars now. ill mak sure no one i know will buy a skoda again for what they have done to mr harish.
Old 31st March 2009, 08:09   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Is this the time to remove the RED SKODA from FORUM?
definitely yes. and its high time...

the moderators will definitely be doing the same for sure

one small request. put a linea picture on top in place of the skoda please............
Old 31st March 2009, 09:30   #405
BHPian

In honest opinion we should verify the credentials of Skoda Corporate and Meghna. What if its a spoof by skoda corporate rivals? Just to be sure they are not..

Can our expert moderators verify their credentials and check they are aunthetic? Then we have a real ball game altogether..

From what has been heard on this forum, TBHP in other threads and known circles, this is not a one-off case from Skoda dealers and after sales service is next to negative.

And if the Skoda corporate and Meghna are authentic skoda representatives, and since they have threatened TBHP, WE SHOULD REMOVE THE RED SKODA displayed from all TBHP pages, it is not worth it!

That is my opinion !

Anyways Skoda India! I will never buy a SKODA in my life!!!!!!!!! take it form me!

Regards,
narayanang76

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks