Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2009, 20:07   #646
BHPian

Harish:

Many happy returns of the day - let us hope this year by your next birthday we have a real good reason to celebrate!

Cheers,
Old 30th May 2009, 01:42   #647
BHPian

amit, diffsoft

thank you for your wishes. lets hope for the best this year.
Old 30th May 2009, 02:04   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
amit, diffsoft

thank you for your wishes. lets hope for the best this year.

Belated happy birthday to you sir. Although I wish you could had celebrated the event with a peaceful mind still I hope we all may soon get to celebrate your victory in this case. Do keep us updated as usual, shall try level best to be of whatever little help to you. Eagerly awaiting of the implementation of the idea of approaching the media at Mumbai.

Lots of luck and take care.

--YC
Old 5th June 2009, 11:43   #649
Senior - BHPian

This thread had gone down to page 5 on this forum so let me just bump it up. Lest Skoda think we are starting to forget about the issue. Also helps as guest visitors will find it on the very first page here.

<Bump>
Old 5th June 2009, 12:25   #650
BHPian

It's heartening to see that red Skoda image has been removed from top of the forums!
Old 6th June 2009, 11:51   #651
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
It's heartening to see that red Skoda image has been removed from top of the forums!
Actually, it hasn't been removed. We still love the vRS (irrespective of the company's management of affairs). A shuffle between 5 cars has been enabled (vRS, Civic, Swift, Jeep, Amby), just as was originally meant to be.
Old 6th June 2009, 15:51   #652
Distinguished - BHPian

had my 2yrs/21K km servicing done last week from vinayak bangalore. service was good, fixed a nagging issue with driver-window (one-touch close was not working in 1st attempt, must be due to lot of dust and muck.)

lady from vinayak calls me up for feedback. i tell her that ac-vent-knobs are too greased-up by their so called interior cleaning. service manager calls up to know more and tries to help. skoda (manufacturer) rep also calls me to collect feedback on the service, a first time. overall i sense some effort to do a good job. but the real thing would to see how they respond to and resolve a negative feedback.
Old 7th June 2009, 22:32   #653
BHPian

Class action law suit

Hi folks,

Encouraging numbers building up for the suit. Please spread the word around. Would appreciate if we can have a huge impressionable number.

Thanks
Old 9th June 2009, 13:41   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
I am visiting the forum after quite sometime and that was the first thing I noticed.

Was advised by local Bhpian to come and share my support for this issue.
Hoping this matter gets settled as fast as possible on good terms so both you (and thousands of other customers like you), and Skoda India can call it a day; instead of dragging this on forever.
Old 10th June 2009, 19:28   #655

New member to your club

Read this to know why - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...p-sucks-4.html (TAFE Access (SKODA dealership) sucks)
Old 11th June 2009, 08:27   #656
BHPian

Welcome aboard pal.

Please make a summary of your entire experience and photocopies of all correspondence and relevant material.
Old 18th June 2009, 15:14   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
we at T-BHP are with you. heard many horror stories about skoda now so ill not go for fabia (i was thinking to buy when new model comes out).
the best is to reach media.
Dear Monty,

My heart goes out to Harish and the others who have faced this trauma. This is nothing short of preposterous and unacceptable. Kudos to Team-BHP for bringing instances such as this one to light...

To comment on Monty's stand, sure, the media can help—though any diligent journalist will check all the facts before he/she writes anything (and that's just the way it ought to be). But even the media faces problems—here's a quick little story on how even the media can have trouble getting their own personal car problems resolved!!

I used to be a very senior journalist for years (the Editor of a leading newspaper). During that time, I bought my second Gypsy (1000cc). In the first three months, the 4x4 shaft had to be changed 5 times—as it would rattle and bounce around at speeds between 50 and 70 kmph. The change was made the first few times without much ado by Maruti Udyog Limited 4 times, since I was a journalist. Each time, they gave me a replacement car—brand new Esteem 1.3. The first time (and each time they took a week) was fun, since it gave me a chance to drive a car I couldn't afford and which was an absolutely beast to drive (in those days). The third and fourth time they changed the shaft, the workshop made me run around repeatedly, citing this excuse or that.

Anyway, the first time they took the Gypsy, I drive the Esteem happily. The second time the problem resurfaced, and they took my Gypsy away for a week again, I started getting upset. The third time, I started getting peeved. The fourth time, I was stark-raving, raging mad. The fifth-time—I lost it.

I fished out my phone, and A JOURNALIST (!) called up the MUL MD's office and asked for an appointment, which I easily got. An hour later, over coffee with him in his office in CP, I asked him for his car keys since I "wanted to take a look at his key chain that everyone talked of!" He handed them over—I walked off, telling him I was sorry, but as the company's MD, he was responsible for his workshops, he needed to drive MY car for a while, figure out the problem, and get it fixed once and for all. IF HE COULD!!

He was dazed—and before he could call in Security, I was out of the building and driving his car. I drove his car (and believe it or not, it was a FORD!!) for 15 days till I got a call from Competent Motors, Delhi to come and pick up my Gypsy.

They had changed every possible shaft, and then some, with imports from Japan. The problem never arose again.

Moral of the Story: Media works, but ultimately a customer has to take matters in his own hands. Harish is doing that, and once again, kudos to him. As also to Team BHP, for giving us all a platform where we can share, make bonds and become one large driving force that (when required) can provide a shoulder, as also move some Corporate mountains.

Cheers.
Old 18th June 2009, 19:00   #658
Senior - BHPian

True story? Wow, I almost cracked up there. You're lucky he didn't call the cops on you man
Old 18th June 2009, 19:25   #659
BHPian

@Mclaren.. I guess that's the power of the Fourth Estate !!
Old 18th June 2009, 19:28   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
True story? Wow, I almost cracked up there. You're lucky he didn't call the cops on you man

Corporates seldom call the cops on the media, especially when they are at fault! I should know, I work in a Corporate now(—and many now pay me back for my youthful tryst with the Maruti MD!!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks