Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2009, 21:06   #706
BHPian

Man, I check this thread almost on daily basis and all I see date, date and more fresh dates. I wonder how long will it take to court to give the final verdict.
Old 28th August 2009, 13:32   #707
BHPian

I wish you the very best, I know atleast 2 people who have read your articles and not purchased a Skoda. When will Skoda wake up to the Damage it is causing not only the users but also to their own company and image.
I have been a Toyota user for the last 10 years. Almost all the parts in my car are original. I know that even after 168,000km I can take it to the Himalayas and back right now and the car will not let me down. In fact our 's was the first Qualis that did Ladakh and travessed hts of 5000km plus. At that time I was assured by the Toyota Dealer La kozy Toyota that 'this is a Toyota and we can do this journey without carrying any spares. We drove from Mumbai to Khadungla in Ladakh via all the Passes and back w/o a single hic-up. It speaks volumes of the pride Toyota takes in It's reputation , quality and customers. Like you, we Love doing Road trips with the Family and I am fortunate that I have a car with Genuine parts and made by a company that I can bet my life on. I am happy that you lived to tell the tale of your accident.
I hope you get more than 10 guys to file a class action suit.
RGDs
Suneet
Old 28th August 2009, 17:14   #708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
I wish you the very best, I know atleast 2 people who have read your articles and not purchased a Skoda. When will Skoda wake up to the Damage it is causing not only the users but also to their own company and image.
I have been a Toyota user for the last 10 years. Almost all the parts in my car are original. I know that even after 168,000km I can take it to the Himalayas and back right now and the car will not let me down. In fact our 's was the first Qualis that did Ladakh and travessed hts of 5000km plus. At that time I was assured by the Toyota Dealer La kozy Toyota that 'this is a Toyota and we can do this journey without carrying any spares. We drove from Mumbai to Khadungla in Ladakh via all the Passes and back w/o a single hic-up. It speaks volumes of the pride Toyota takes in It's reputation , quality and customers. Like you, we Love doing Road trips with the Family and I am fortunate that I have a car with Genuine parts and made by a company that I can bet my life on. I am happy that you lived to tell the tale of your accident.
RGDs
Suneet
Adding to the good job done, I know personally atleast 5 guys who have decided against a Skoda. Small drops make an ocean. Skoda ....are you taking note? Or soon you will be on the way like Polaroid
Old 28th August 2009, 18:06   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
RGDs
Suneet
harishv also has a Toyota now. And that's some real confidence Toyota has in their reliability.
Old 6th September 2009, 17:55   #710
BHPian

All the best for 23 Sept 2009.
Suneet
Old 6th September 2009, 19:27   #711
Distinguished - BHPian

23rd?

I've been following this thread with great interest --- and I must have missed the post in which something important was announced

Consumer court? My best wishes too!
Old 7th September 2009, 17:37   #712
BHPian

I purchased a Skoda in Sept. 2004 , drove for around 1.85 lakhs and sold it last year, all oblivious of what was actually happening.
But on umpteen occassions, my driver would call back saying that the 'service mechanic can reduce the costs by lots of thousands, if we get it done outside from him'.
I never realised the situation was so serious.
I have advised my F-I-L to stop getting his L & K serviced from any Skoda Service and now I am thinking twice whether to consider the Yeti.

All the best Harish
Old 8th September 2009, 13:00   #713
BHPian

thanks guys for the overwhelming support. lets hope this pans out well. soon.
Old 12th September 2009, 09:47   #714
Team-BHP Support

Now BSmotoring mention Skoda service short of naming and shaming

I have been recommending a particular brand of a European sedan to many people, till the example I was driving around in had to be taken to a service station. To begin with, it would have been easier to get an appointment with a general physician in the US than one at this particular service station. And then you had to drive the car to a certain part of the city which you wish never existed. Once there, you had to encounter staff that was better qualified to handle loan recoveries for a private bank. Imagine being treated like a victim after spending anywhere between Rs 15 and 25 lakh on this particular brand and you get the picture.
And imagine paying Rs 10,000 for a tyre change and oil top-up (no complimentary wash but free smudge marks on the lovely cream interior!). Now you know why recommending Japanese cars are a much safer bet. I am not providing the name of the carmaker here only because I don’t want an irate boss to fire the aforementioned recovery agents. It is one thing to adapt cars for India and set up shop here and entirely another to provide quality service back-up. The Japanese and Koreans are better at this than the Europeans as we speak. Period.
Old 12th September 2009, 10:59   #715
evo
BHPian

@ajmat

Brilliant! I always liked the conversational tone which the BSM guys use, and this is just right. Instead of ACI`s slightly diplomatic tone, this is much more forthright.

However, they should have named the brand lest someone confuse it with VW cos the starting price is 15 L in that case the fabia and octy are literally out so it points more to the Jetta and Passat.

I know, if people think it to be VW thats still ok because these chaps own Skoda, however, direct is far superior.

BTW the Mumbai/Pune guys maybe well placed (no pun intended!) to tell us which workshop is in a godforsaken part of the city.
Old 12th September 2009, 11:02   #716
BHPian

I was reading this thread from the beginning and now only I got chance to post a reply.

Hats off to you Harishv, you are becoming an example and a leader in fighting for the customer rights against skoda.

I wish you to the win case and put skoda in an embarrassing state.

I suggest you to give an ad in papers when final verdict is said because of this many people will come to know about skoda.
Old 12th September 2009, 13:40   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Now BSmotoring mention Skoda service short of naming and shaming

I have been recommending a particular brand of a European sedan to many people, till the example I was driving around in had to be taken to a service station. To begin with, it would have been easier to get an appointment with a general physician in the US than one at this particular service station. And then you had to drive the car to a certain part of the city which you wish never existed. Once there, you had to encounter staff that was better qualified to handle loan recoveries for a private bank. Imagine being treated like a victim after spending anywhere between Rs 15 and 25 lakh on this particular brand and you get the picture.
And imagine paying Rs 10,000 for a tyre change and oil top-up (no complimentary wash but free smudge marks on the lovely cream interior!). Now you know why recommending Japanese cars are a much safer bet. I am not providing the name of the carmaker here only because I don’t want an irate boss to fire the aforementioned recovery agents. It is one thing to adapt cars for India and set up shop here and entirely another to provide quality service back-up. The Japanese and Koreans are better at this than the Europeans as we speak. Period.
Little offtopic. But where to Mercedez and BMW stand in terms of quality of service and the experience?
Old 12th September 2009, 13:43   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
@ajmat

Brilliant! I always liked the conversational tone which the BSM guys use, and this is just right. Instead of ACI`s slightly diplomatic tone, this is much more forthright.

However, they should have named the brand lest someone confuse it with VW cos the starting price is 15 L in that case the fabia and octy are literally out so it points more to the Jetta and Passat.

I know, if people think it to be VW thats still ok because these chaps own Skoda, however, direct is far superior.

BTW the Mumbai/Pune guys maybe well placed (no pun intended!) to tell us which workshop is in a godforsaken part of the city.
evo, I came to knew that your RS was repainted again and the dealer destroyed your interiors? Hows the car now doing? Can you PM me the pics?
Old 12th September 2009, 16:20   #719
evo
BHPian

@sidindica

yup, repainted repainted as the dealer did a terrible job during the first time. (Not that the second time was damn great or anything)

Will surely PM you the pics.
Old 15th September 2009, 12:55   #720
BHPian

Autocar ( August 2009 ) has a direct mention with a picture of the complainant and his car.

Last edited by harishv : 15th September 2009 at 13:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks