Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2009, 13:39   #721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
@ajmat

Brilliant! I always liked the conversational tone which the BSM guys use, and this is just right. Instead of ACI`s slightly diplomatic tone, this is much more forthright.

However, they should have named the brand lest someone confuse it with VW cos the starting price is 15 L in that case the fabia and octy are literally out so it points more to the Jetta and Passat.

I know, if people think it to be VW thats still ok because these chaps own Skoda, however, direct is far superior.

BTW the Mumbai/Pune guys maybe well placed (no pun intended!) to tell us which workshop is in a godforsaken part of the city.

This could be the Autobahn workshop that has resprung at Sewri.
When I had the Octavia , they were at the same place , then went elsewhere and now I see them again.

My 1st Octavia service, this service station has a water tank just at the entrance and had a metal clip jutting out, where the lid of the tank can be locked.
The service guy while reversing, cut open my rear tyre , infront of my driver and refused to accept his mistake. I refused to take delivery of my car and when the next day, we created a scene at their Prabhadevi showroom, they replaced the tyre ( withsome poor unknown fellows spare tyre).
Old 15th September 2009, 16:53   #722
BHPian

Sad to know this! We are ourselves responsible for killing somebody Else's rights.
Old 15th September 2009, 18:55   #723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
they replaced the tyre ( withsome poor unknown fellows spare tyre).
You knew they were doing this?

Calling the police might have been appropriate.
Old 15th September 2009, 22:10   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I refused to take delivery of my car and when the next day, we created a scene at their Prabhadevi showroom, they replaced the tyre ( withsome poor unknown fellows spare tyre).
Ever thought about your own spare being replaced similarly by those guys?
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:04   #725
BHPian

next date 2nd december
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:12   #726
Senior - BHPian

This must be frustrating harish, no doubt. Why is the court keeping on postponing the hearing?
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:12   #727
Senior - BHPian

Holy cow, you just go to the courts to know the new dats Harish. Hats off to you and your patience. I hope Skoda pays for all and more with interest
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:17   #728
xPK
BHPian

That's just insane!
What was the reason for new date?
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:27   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
next date 2nd december
C'mon maan !! This is incredibly frustrating !! This makes me remember Sunny Deol's dialogue from the film Damini. "Taarikh pey taarikh, Taarikh pey taarikh, Taarikh pey taarikh,"

What is the reason for a new date this time ?

The court needs to be dragged to some other court for delaying justice !!
Old 23rd September 2009, 18:03   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
This must be frustrating harish, no doubt. Why is the court keeping on postponing the hearing?
My reply will be . This case is very different but maybe he/she (judge) is waiting for someone to grease his/her hands. My dad's car was involved in an accident about 5 yrs ago (a slum boy ran into the road and hit the co-driver's side door - no major injury to him). The boy went missing shortly after his release but the judges (judge has changed since) are still waiting for him to turn up.
Old 24th September 2009, 11:17   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Yes it is frustrating.

Dates are being given at a frequency of around 70 - 90 days. Once I think it was during elections, few months ago. Then there was a change of the President of the Forum. This time I filed for an amendment. That makes it 7-9 months.

I think they cant help it. Looks like there is a huge backlog of cases.
Old 25th September 2009, 13:27   #732
BHPian

New Strategy by Autobahn

A colleague wanted to purchase a Fabia. I forwarded the thread and briefed him on what I knew to be the state of Skoda's A.S.S.

He confronted the sales team of Autobahn who, to my surprise, acknowledged and accepted Harish's dispute. They were completely calm and promptly pointed the blame to the dealership in question, and away from them.

They seemed to have a full sales approach for customers who were aware of this case. So much so that my colleague got convinced that Autobahn was an innocent bystander and booked the car.
Old 25th September 2009, 13:50   #733
BHPian

I think there is some major issue at Skoda's India plant on building quality products.

Recently a friend of mine purchased an A6 3.0 TFSI quattro, which I think is assembled in Skoda's India line. To his surprise, the MMI system would not turn on . This happened just within 3 weeks of owing the car.
Old 25th September 2009, 14:06   #734

Quote:
which I think is assembled in Skoda's India line.
I am not supporting Skoda here, but Audi would have been assembled by Audi India and not Skoda. Yes, the plant is the same in Aurangabad but thats where the Skoda's role in Audi ends.

And i am sure Audi would listen to his problem better than Skoda.
Old 25th September 2009, 14:26   #735
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
next date 2nd december
It is written in the Shastras - Samay Anadi - Anant Hai - Time is immortal. India proves it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks