Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2009, 11:54   #751
BHPian

TATA dealers normally do not reveal such information. I remember when the broucher for Vista was uploaded at this forum, I visited A-One motors Barakhamba Road, New Delhi to enquire about the same, but the sales people said they have no information. When I told themthat I have seen the broucher on internet they said "may be, but we have no information".
Old 14th October 2009, 13:57   #752
BHPian

I recently read the posts here. I was going to buy a skoda Laura. But settled for CRUZE instead. Thanks Team-bhp.
A very good freind of mine is also fighting a case against skoda for a long time now. I shall forward this link to him too.
Old 16th October 2009, 14:49   #753
BHPian

Somehow, I keep noticing Skodas that have had accidents on the highways. I always think to myself is it because of the changed / duplicate parts...........
Harish must take some photocopies that you distributed and give it to the people who have had an accident. it may help them realise the truth.
Even I would like to know why Team BHP has not changed the Skoda form it's page?????
RGds
Suneet
Old 28th October 2009, 15:00   #754
vij
BHPian

Dad was looking for a car and had all but decided on the SUPERB. I showed this thread to him and the SUPERB is out for now. But unfortunately there is no car that is as appealing in that segment. The accord doesn't feel the same and the Camry is overpriced.
He is so disgusted after reading this horror tale that he has suspended all car buying plans for the moment and decided to keep his corolla.

All the best harish

Last edited by vij : 28th October 2009 at 15:07.
Old 28th October 2009, 16:48   #755
BHPian

Indeed an horrifying experience, Great goin Harish. You have done everything right from the beginning, of this trauma, thanks to the evidences you were able to collect. Fellow bhpians imagine a situation of you cars facing the same problem during a service schedule.

Be aware, check your vehicles in and out before and after serving or repairing (infact take snaps of all possible equipments) or write down their serial no for future referrence.

Skoda you better stick to your promises, i have already wooed away three of your prospective customers in a single day, imagine what a strength of 40000+ bhpians can do to your business in India?
Old 11th November 2009, 09:18   #756
BHPian

For information

An e-mail regarding a very sensitive issue has been floating around with a link to this thread.

Probably somebody was trying to help me but this was not the platform to do so. It is just not done.

Kindly ignore and delete.
Old 12th November 2009, 08:08   #757
BHPian

A consumer forum judgement in favor of customer

Harish:

I came across this today Auto dealer to pay Rs 1.19 lakh - Chandigarh - City - The Times of India. "The vehicle kept developing faults right from the beginning ... and authorities always gave the assurance that the vehicle would run smoothly in the future. Though the car was serviced numerous times, it kept developing technical problems.

The complaint also alleges that on January 30, 2009, when the official was on way to his office at Jawaharpur village, Derabassi, the vehicle broke down suddenly.

The complainant further claimed that the timing belt of the car was of inferior quality and not suited for vehicles up to 90,000 km. "The company is responsible to compensate for the loss due to inferior quality of the belt," it added. Meanwhile, refuting all allegations, Skoda Auto India Private Limited and Krishna Auto Sales in its reply stated, "The car was poorly handled and met with at least six accidents. By then, it had covered a distance of 70,974 km.""
Old 12th November 2009, 12:07   #758
Senior - BHPian

All the best Harish

All the best Harish. I really hope your patience pays off and wish that Skoda pays you with interest for all the time and money spent by yourself. More so I hope it teaches Skoda a lesson.
Old 12th November 2009, 15:40   #759
Senior - BHPian

Harshiv, when is your new hearing, havent heard from you?
Old 19th November 2009, 16:43   #760
Senior - BHPian

Why doesn't the government boot Skoda out of the country and send them where they rightfully belong- the dust bin? It's not selling a car and washing your hands off, there is something called as A.S.S and more importantly ethics.
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:21   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Why doesn't the government boot Skoda out of the country and send them where they rightfully belong- the dust bin? It's not selling a car and washing your hands off, there is something called as A.S.S and more importantly ethics.
If the Govt. had been doing such things, India would have been a different and far better place than what we see today.

What will happen to all the govt. people, feeding off skoda india, if they are made to leave?
Old 3rd December 2009, 21:41   #762
BHPian

Update

District Forum date was yesterday.

Next date - 2nd Jan 2010.

The Honorable Judge ( newly appointed ) gave a shorter date. He mentioned that the car was getting ruined.

Skoda lawyer was absent.

Nummer Eins lawyer withdrew his vakalatnama citing personal reasons.
Old 4th December 2009, 01:17   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
District Forum date was yesterday.

Next date - 2nd Jan 2010.

The Honorable Judge ( newly appointed ) gave a shorter date. He mentioned that the car was getting ruined.

Skoda lawyer was absent.

Nummer Eins lawyer withdrew his vakalatnama citing personal reasons.
God help this country and its consumers
Old 4th December 2009, 04:01   #764
Distinguished - BHPian

Sordid state of affairs - but a ray of hope if new judge commented positively. I do not know but in my experience consumer forum does not require lawyer to represent client. The client has to be present or is generally proceeded against.

The next date move would be to seek another adjournment citing withdrawal by lawyer of one party and then the other or so.....It would help if you can make a chart showing history of opposing party seeking dates or not bein present to delay matters. At worst it will force the court to give shorter date if something like this happens next time.

Last edited by sudev : 4th December 2009 at 04:04.
Old 4th December 2009, 05:19   #765
BHPian

Harish:

Also take a look at Autocar for Dec 2009 page 131 for another evidence of wide dealer incompetence.

Autocar which gave its Laura to the dealer for servicing says, "Skoda's service is terrible, and it's simply absurd how they can mess up simple jobs" and says why.

Keep it among your other filings and all the best!

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks