Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2010, 10:50   #781
Senior - BHPian

There seems no end for this Skoda problems (inspite of all, they are still selling number of cars in indian market?).
Imo, a good car but bad service,bad dealers, bad customer care department etc etc
putting immense harrasment to those few unlucky bought the car and suffering now?
Old 4th January 2010, 11:11   #782
BHPian

Hi
I also have a similar case on going but not against Skoda, also thinking of putting it on forum so that everyone can be aware of such issues and how these big car manufacturer take us for ride.
Old 4th January 2010, 11:29   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron-w16 View Post
Hi
I also have a similar case on going but not against Skoda, also thinking of putting it on forum so that everyone can be aware of such issues and how these big car manufacturer take us for ride.
Well why don't you start it in a new thread? You may even get some good legal tips if you have a solid case.
Old 4th January 2010, 11:35   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Germans/Czechs
Joerg Mueller, President, Volkswagen - info@volkswagen.co.in
Andreas Prinz, Managing Director, Volkswagen - info@volkswagen.co.in
Bernhard Steinrucke, Director General, Indo German Chamber of Commerce - bombay@indo-german.com
Ms. Radha Mathai, Memberships, Indo German Chamber of Commerce - bombay@indo-german.com
Walter Stechel, Consul General, German Consulate - info@mumbai.diplo.de
Ms. Eva Drdakova, Ambassador, Embassy of the Czech Republic - bombay@embassy.mzv.cz

Indian Government officials
N.N.Prasad, Joint Secretary, Public Grievances, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, New Delhi - nareshnp@ub.nic.in
Ms. Radha Shankar, Ambassador, Indian Embassy, Berlin, Germany - commercial@indianembassy.de

Skoda Czechoslovakia
Reinhard Jung, Chairman - info@skoda-info.cz
Tonsu Ondrej, Customer Care - Ondrej.Tomsu@skoda-auto.cz
Richard Kuba, Assistant to Pavel Adams, VP, Customer Services - Richard.Kuba@skoda-auto.cz
Pavel Adam, VP, Customer Services - Pavel.Adam@skoda-auto.cz

Skoda Auto India Private Ltd
Karsten Bogun, MD - karsten.bogun@skoda-auto.co.in
Jean-Marie Lagey, MD - jean-marie.lagey@skoda-auto.co.in
Thomas Kuehl, Director Sales - thomas.kuehl@skoda-auto.co.in
skoda india customer support - skodadealersupport@misupport.net

Karthik.Ramesh@skoda-auto.co.in 0240-3051220
0240-6631206 0240-6631111
srinivas.sudhir@skoda-auto.co.in 93250-88123 0240-6631256
As a mark of support to Harish, I have sent the mail to all the above emails sending the link of this thread and telling them, we will never buy skoda and advice all our friends who wants to buy skoda not to buy it untill Skoda India , issue public apology, come clean of what happened, what they will to do gain customer confidence again and compensates Harish and other suffering customers sufficiently. Untill then tata-bye-bye Skoda/VW/Audi.
Old 4th January 2010, 12:34   #785
BANNED

@harishv:

Any further developments?
Old 4th January 2010, 12:35   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dose View Post
Is this the first time an Indian auto magazine has given a negative review of Skoda's service?
Nopes, AutoCar India always mention about Skoda's poor service, but in a very careful, honey-coated way. Of course they don't want to hurt their Ad-revenues.
Take a look at any of their Skoda reviews or the new car buyer's guide in the last few pages to see that meticulously un-hurting words on Skoda's bad ***.
I do remember one reader writing to them in the letters section to consider *** as a rating factor in the scoring mechanism (skoda normally gets 9/10) which I guess is yet to be considered.

@ Harish, All the best for next hearing.
Old 4th January 2010, 13:59   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@harishv:

Any further developments?
Update was posted just on the previous page.
Quote:
Skoda lawyer absent.

Nummer Eins lawyer absent.

At the last hearing they were given a last chance to file a reply to my amended application.

Since they didn't the Honourable Judge accepted my amended application.

Next date 29th Jan 2010.
Old 4th January 2010, 14:06   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Skoda lawyer absent.

Nummer Eins lawyer absent.

At the last hearing they were given a last chance to file a reply to my amended application.

Since they didn't the Honourable Judge accepted my amended application.

Next date 29th Jan 2010.
best of luck harish, any update on any other consumer having problems with Skoda cars / service and filed a court case?
Old 4th January 2010, 14:09   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
best of luck harish, any update on any other consumer having problems with Skoda cars / service and filed a court case?
Some technical hitches have to be overcome.
Old 4th January 2010, 14:33   #790
BANNED

@harishv & @dipen: Oops. Sorry that I missed the post of harishv.

Did one really expect anything else from Skoda/Nummer Eins? They have tried the patience, and are now going into benign neglect - so that they can file an appeal in the HC later.

I would love to see a winding up order against Skoda & co (i.e., Skoda, VW, Audi and now - unfortunately, Porsche). But, If wishes were horses ......

Last edited by sgiitk : 4th January 2010 at 14:34.
Old 4th January 2010, 22:10   #791
njh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@harishv & @dipen: Oops. Sorry that I missed the post of harishv.

Did one really expect anything else from Skoda/Nummer Eins? They have tried the patience, and are now going into benign neglect - so that they can file an appeal in the HC later.

I would love to see a winding up order against Skoda & co (i.e., Skoda, VW, Audi and now - unfortunately, Porsche). But, If wishes were horses ......
Why VW, Audi and Porsche? They are by no means the same. They are totally independent of each other in terms of overall running, policies etc. So, if Skoda messes around, then by all means show Skoda the door. But I totally detest your statement. Unless you have reasons for VW, Audi and Porsche to shut shop. Which I doubt!!
Old 10th January 2010, 23:32   #792
BHPian

Mercedes Benz told to pay Rs five lakh compensation - *Business News - News - MSN India

"It is regrettable that such an automobile manufacturer ( Benz ) has adopted a practice to sell their cars in India by issuing glorifying advertisements about the performance of their vehicle," the National Consumer Commission, comprising members Justice R K Batta and P D Shenoy, said.

Hope the judges at consumer court who are handling your case referes to this judgment.

All the best and hang in there..
Old 12th January 2010, 19:15   #793
BHPian

I have stopped atleast 3 people from going forward for Skoda/VW/Audi, this is the least I can do, plus my next car will not be any one of these
Old 12th January 2010, 19:51   #794
BHPian

there was a similar kind of case wherein a Fiat Palio owner was cheated. The car was faulty from the beginning, owner went to customer care and almost after 3 years got a brand new Palio as the replacement and around 1.5L as compensation.
I wish you all the luck to you and would like to remind you that what you have done is a great thing, not many would stand and take an action on a thing like this and would agree on a mutual settlement.
Old 12th January 2010, 20:22   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
there was a similar kind of case wherein a Fiat Palio owner was cheated. The car was faulty from the beginning, owner went to customer care and almost after 3 years got a brand new Palio as the replacement and around 1.5L as compensation.
I wish you all the luck to you and would like to remind you that what you have done is a great thing, not many would stand and take an action on a thing like this and would agree on a mutual settlement.

sorry! consumer court not customer care...customer care is just there to give more 'kusht' i.e. pain to customers!

Most Viewed