Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2010, 22:48   #796
BHPian

I know two people who own Laura very well . Its still brand new cars and they are still inside the 1 year free service period .

God knows what bills are awaiting them @ the end of the day . Recently one of the Skoda Laura met with a accident and the backside got dented .

The bill 76K INR ....Not cheap

Skoda - Laura - Kya Maara ???
Old 13th January 2010, 08:05   #797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Skoda lawyer absent.
Nummer Eins lawyer absent.
At the last hearing they were given a last chance to file a reply to my amended application.
Since they didn't the Honourable Judge accepted my amended application.
Next date 29th Jan 2010.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Did one really expect anything else from Skoda/Nummer Eins? They have tried the patience, and are now going into benign neglect - so that they can file an appeal in the HC later.
Standard procedure by all corporates and banks. I guess, if you don't attend 2 continuous hearings or more, the case will go in favour of the other party. So they deliberately miss one hearing out of three to drag the case on for years. I have one going on against a bank for the last 5 years, with no end in sight.
Old 13th January 2010, 11:26   #798
BHPian

My uncle purchased a second-hand Laura sometime early last yr. He was all brimming with happiness and proudly drove around town in it .. everything was going on fine. Though I knew the Skoda mess, I only in passing mentioned about dealership woes and high maintenance costs so as not dent his new found happiness. But, I guess he largely ignored it all!

Fast fwd to Dec'09 - he and his wife were driving along Blr-Mglr highway and the car suddenly stops dead in the middle of the highway somewhere close to Hassan! He somehow manages to push the car over to the side and is shocked to find smoke emanating from the bonnet! After frantic calls (I really dont know where and who he called) a mechanic declares that the turbo has failed. The car is stalled on the highway and absolutely nothing can be done - with some help from friends in Hassan/Chanraypatna, he manages to get a truck (Canter) and transports the car back to his home in Chikmagalur - mind u, even towing was not possible).
The car was in his garage for a few days, as the turbo was ordered from Mumbai. Final damages - a lil' over a lakh. Now, he is sh** scared to take the car anywhere out of his town and is seriously contemplating on selling it off.
But, the sheer driving pleasure of that car is still making him think on what he should do After I finally told him all the stories I've gathered here from T-bhp, he is now even more concerned and worried and totally at a loss on why he purchased the car in the first place!
Old 13th January 2010, 11:37   #799
BHPian

Turbos fail all the time. Hyundai are most notorious for turbo failures, but i do agree Laura's PDI turbos have had quite a few failures over the years.

I think FIAT's MJD, Octavia's TDI and Toyota's diesel are probably the best (affordable) diesel engines offered in our country.
Old 1st February 2010, 02:18   #800
BHPian

What were the updates on the 29th January's hearing?
Old 3rd February 2010, 22:12   #801
BHPian

Update 29th Jan

Hi folks. Sorry for the delay in posting the update. Was traveling.

Nummer Eins appointed new lawyer. They finally filed their written say to my amendment application.

Skoda lawyer absent again.

JMD lawyer says he did not get the amended application.

Next date 22nd March.
Old 4th February 2010, 10:09   #802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
But, the sheer driving pleasure of that car is still making him think on what he should do
, I am evaluating cars for my next upgrade and find this as a difficult decision to make, more like mind should rule over the heart to take the right decision. Heart says Laura, mind says Toyota.
Old 4th February 2010, 10:12   #803
Senior - BHPian

Man this is disgusting behaviour from Skoda..i dont know why they do this all the time.
Old 4th February 2010, 10:24   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Hi folks. Sorry for the delay in posting the update. Was traveling.

Nummer Eins appointed new lawyer. They finally filed their written say to my amendment application.

Skoda lawyer absent again.

JMD lawyer says he did not get the amended application.

Next date 22nd March.
I don't know a thing about the law. But for a common man, this is disappointing. It is sad that it takes ages for a case like this to get over in today's modern world. Time to change the system, but who will ?
Old 4th February 2010, 10:38   #805
BHPian

While I feel frustrated, my only easily giveable advice is dheeraj rakho Harish - all the best.

Last edited by diffsoft : 4th February 2010 at 10:41.
Old 4th February 2010, 10:57   #806
BHPian

My Physical Trainer said that his friend was going to buy a skoda. He asked me what I thought . I sent him the link to this thread and a few more and asked to forward to his friend.

Today morning he said that his friend is booking an Innova instead.
Old 4th February 2010, 12:10   #807
Senior - BHPian

Better avoid Skoda altogether

My gosh March 22nd for the next hearing . Guess this is what is in store for purchasing a Skoda and finally going to the court for help. I was a Skoda lover until now, but I've changed my opinion altogether. I believe the earlier Skoda's were touch wood like the one's I bought(Octavia). Of late Skoda'a attitude has worsened and their car's with all the new technology is rather making them more dangerous than safe.

For once I think I should start listening to my mind rather than the Heart. I don't think I can wait for even 6 months to get justice.More than a year is just impossible.It's time for me do my part in giving awareness to people on the misfortunes of buying a Skoda.
Old 4th February 2010, 13:04   #808
BHPian

Woah! There goes the Fabia plan. Next stop, Punto/Jazz
Old 4th February 2010, 13:46   #809
Senior - BHPian

Avoid Skoda even if it's cheaper than a Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Woah! There goes the Fabia plan. Next stop, Punto/Jazz
Dude better not listen to your heart. Skoda representatives will play you into believing that Skoda is the only premium brand that beats competition. Please don't fall for it or you'd be ending up in courts if you're not lucky.Don't take a Skoda even if they offer it cheaper than a Nano.
Old 4th February 2010, 14:02   #810
BHPian

that is absolutely horrendous behavious from the skoda representatives. next hearing in march, christ man that is awful

Most Viewed