Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2010, 15:27   #826
BHPian

^ +1. Imagine going for a late night party in a car that costs upwards of 15 lacs, and you return to find out that your car won't start. to make thigs worse, you see a guy in a 15 year old M800 whiz past you. So much for being obsessed with quality since 1895.
Old 7th February 2010, 19:21   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Hi folks. Sorry for the delay in posting the update. Was traveling.

Nummer Eins appointed new lawyer. They finally filed their written say to my amendment application.

Skoda lawyer absent again.

JMD lawyer says he did not get the amended application.

Next date 22nd March.
Have you considered filing an application in a higher court for day-to-day hearing of your matter or at least to order the court concerned to decide the matter withing six months?

Last edited by Dippy : 18th February 2010 at 11:05. Reason: Correcting quote
Old 7th February 2010, 20:51   #828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So much for being obsessed with quality since 1895.
What a ridiculous slogan. They may have been obsessed with quality in the nineteenth century, but the twentieth, until they were bought by VAG, saw them become a joke company, regarded on a par with Lada. That slogan is misrepresentation!

Not sure... but, in UK, if a defendant or their lawyer is not there, judgement will simply be entered against them. Here they seem to be just delaying things at their will. I guess the legal system my ancestors gave India was the one Dickens wrote about, and it still needs changing...
Old 8th February 2010, 00:12   #829
Senior - BHPian

Obsessed with Crap *&(*&)(**)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_chn View Post
obsessed with quality since 1895.
What a joke . Only thing I see them obsessed with is money and corruption. Those guys should leave India as soon as possible and do us all a favour .I guess there is no proper awareness or else why are people still buying Skoda's ??? Well honestly after following Harish's case here I've made up my mind of never buying a Skoda again.Lucky i bought the old Octavia and my 2007 Laura was never long enough with me to give me troubles .
Old 17th February 2010, 17:19   #830
Senior - BHPian

way back i read many Skoda jokes at team-bhp, i couldn't figure out why people beating up such a good brand. now, i've been reading through few of the threads on Skoda and needless to say i'm aghast! now i get the jokes!

we've been thinking of upgrading to a sedan (the likes of Laura, Civic etc) in another 2yrs and our choice was Skoda Laura, but now i'm very doubtful we'll EVER buy a Skoda! i rather stick with Honda! if all else fails, there is always Maruti!

@harish: my heart goes to you mate. i hope and pray that you get a speedy resolution.
Old 17th February 2010, 17:51   #831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
way back i read many Skoda jokes at team-bhp, i couldn't figure out why people beating up such a good brand. now, i've been reading through few of the threads on Skoda and needless to say i'm aghast! now i get the jokes!

we've been thinking of upgrading to a sedan (the likes of Laura, Civic etc) in another 2yrs and our choice was Skoda Laura, but now i'm very doubtful we'll EVER buy a Skoda! i rather stick with Honda! if all else fails, there is always Maruti!

@harish: my heart goes to you mate. i hope and pray that you get a speedy resolution.

+1, Seriously this is real bad newz, just shatters the trust in a brand.
Old 17th February 2010, 18:11   #832
BHPian

The least members in this forum can do.

The least you can do is to appraise Skoda staff that you are aware of the horrendous episodes faced by your Internet acquaintances. If you could take a copy of this thread's first few pages and hand it over to them after the test drive all the better. Its probable that all the dealers in India do not know about the day light robbery being committed by the top officials at Skoda. Make sure the print out contains the link to these pages as the header.
Old 18th February 2010, 09:08   #833
BANNED

snail pace to get justice and sometime that too not happening.Thats why people are forced to take the extreme steps. Wish i'm in USA and get used to the GUN Culture.

Last edited by wildon : 18th February 2010 at 09:10.
Old 18th February 2010, 15:27   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
The least you can do is to appraise Skoda staff that you are aware of the horrendous episodes faced by your Internet acquaintances. If you could take a copy of this thread's first few pages and hand it over to them after the test drive all the better. Its probable that all the dealers in India do not know about the day light robbery being committed by the top officials at Skoda. Make sure the print out contains the link to these pages as the header.
precisely

recently i had gone for a test drive for the 1.8 TSI with a colleague who was eligible for a 12 lakh car under some company policy. he absolutely loved the car and at that time, i told him in front of the chennai dealer that there are many skoda horror stories like parts theft etc etc, and my colleague simply walked out of the showroom refusing to take the discussion forward.

the sales person was hurt probably for no fault of his, but the message needs to reach the top that these incidents are indeed affecting sales
Old 19th February 2010, 14:18   #835
BHPian

Skoda fabia accident on Sea Link

DNA has covered the "Ojas Mehta - Skoda accident" case again today.
Attached is an extract from the e-paper dt. 19.2.2010.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DNA_OjasMehta-Skoda_.pdf (591.2 KB, 983 views)
Old 19th February 2010, 14:28   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKRAFT View Post
DNA has covered the "Ojas Mehta - Skoda accident" case again today.
Attached is an extract from the e-paper dt. 19.2.2010.
The airbag operates mostly chip based.
In Europe if the airbag malfunctions the chip manufacturer is held accountable.
Old 19th February 2010, 14:56   #837
Team-BHP Support

I tend to agree with Skoda's findings.

However, Skoda's refusal to respond until a legal notice was given is unforgivable.

One question -Was the boy wearing a seatbelt?
Old 20th February 2010, 13:40   #838
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Yeah, front airbags activate only in a front end collision. The Fabia was mostly damaged from the side and the rear. However, the car did turn turtle too. Now, when the car flips over, occupants will definitely be flung around from all sides. Shouldn't front airbags activate in that scenario? That is, to protect from hitting your head on the dashboard?

Importantly, was the boy wearing seatbelts? This report states that he was sitting on the front seat, do I remember previous reports where he was supposedly on the back seat?
Old 20th February 2010, 14:58   #839
BHPian

Frontal air bags typically are not designed to offer protection in rollover, side-impact, or rear-end crashes. check out the site Safercar.gov
Old 20th February 2010, 16:56   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yeah, front airbags activate only in a front end collision. The Fabia was mostly damaged from the side and the rear. However, the car did turn turtle too. Now, when the car flips over, occupants will definitely be flung around from all sides. Shouldn't front airbags activate in that scenario? That is, to protect from hitting your head on the dashboard?

Importantly, was the boy wearing seatbelts? This report states that he was sitting on the front seat, do I remember previous reports where he was supposedly on the back seat?
Airbags inflate and deflate before you even realize they have activated. They are not supposed to work as cushion bags in an accident. They are supposed to prevent you from hitting the dash at the instant of the crash and then disappear out of the way so the rescuers get maximum access to you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks