Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2010, 00:11   #946
Senior - BHPian

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
can any owner of Skoda please mention or upload markings on original Compressor and condenser unit of Laura. Any markings/code that specifies the manufacture date etc.

I am in the process of uncovering something (about a skoda dealer) in the process.

PS: How much does this two cost anyway?
UPDATE!

when my friend took his car to the dealersip. He was told compressor and condensor was kaput and was quoted 85000/-.
After two days keeping the car and much haggling, Company agreed to do the car at 48k.

After i send a good friend Imran (who is listed in TBHP directory), the AC guy there. They were caught in the act badly.

After backdoor dealing the skoda mechanic secretly called my friend and was repaired by him outside of dealership at 11000/-.

Now one more skoda dealership caught cheating.
Old 10th July 2010, 00:46   #947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now one more skoda dealership caught cheating.
Please name the dealership so that people do not get fooled again.
Old 10th July 2010, 00:47   #948
Senior - BHPian

^^ It's astonishing how Skoda continues to sit back and do nothing. Do they seriously think that only good products will keep them afloat in the long run?

I have this strange theory about why Skoda workshops are unscrupulous. Basically they know that they can charge astronomical amounts for parts, so a 85K part on a Skoda will be more acceptable than one on a Maruti. The dealers are thus able to fleece the customers more easily. Now, you might ask why doesn't this happen for a Merc/BMW dealership? Well, that's the difference between Skoda and these brands, the MB and BMW dealers know that they'll be stripped off their contracts if any such complaint is proven.

The more I think about this, it makes me angry .
Old 10th July 2010, 14:55   #949
Senior - BHPian

Torque Automotive, Ahmedabad. Biggest Skoda seller in Gujarat.

ALso i have seen most Gujarati are least bothered. They send their cars through driver (most of the person I know in Ahmedabad, do this). and they pay the bill what ever is send. Very few are like us who stays at the dealership throughout the service and poke into each and everything.

Last edited by SirAlec : 10th July 2010 at 14:56.
Old 10th July 2010, 16:47   #950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

ALso i have seen most Gujarati are least bothered. They send their cars through driver (most of the person I know in Ahmedabad, do this). and they pay the bill what ever is send. Very few are like us who stays at the dealership throughout the service and poke into each and everything.
Me being from Gujarat would have to agree with this. I have observed and seen drivers coming in owner's car to drop the car for service. Then the drivers go to near 'paanwala' and do time pass in group. When service is done they take the bill and car and go home. The owner sends a check or cash the next day.

If the owners come, they give the car, sign the sheet and gets going for their work. Later the car is dropped at office/home. Many times i have interacted with drivers at Hyundai, Maruti, Honda service centers. They say their owners are least bothered. As such they have contacts in some service stations so they don't bother thinking there won't be any cheating.

And the cars range from alto, santro to sonata, CR-V, accrod.

Its Strictly
Old 10th July 2010, 22:21   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Next date - 26th August
OMG! Don't tell me this is still going on.

Can't believe how stubborn Skoda is. I remember many months back some PR agency of Skoda had made some posts here. Still nobody did anything?
Old 5th August 2010, 08:49   #952
BHPian

Skoda India to compensate for defective car

Another horror story finally coming to end

source
Skoda India to compensate for defective car: Rediff.com Business

Quote:
consumer court has asked auto major Skoda India Private Limited and a dealer to shell out Rs 30,000 as compensation to a buyer who was sold a defective car.
The East Delhi District Consumer Forum also imposed a cost of Rs 5,000 on the company and its dealer Sai Automobiles as there was recurrence of same defects despite repairs.
"We direct the company and its dealer to pay to the complainant jointly or severally Rs 30,000 as compensation for physical and mental harassment and Rs 5000 as litigation cost," the Forum bench headed by President U C Tiwari said.
The Forum passed the order on a complaint of M/s SDR Printer seeking directions to SIPL either to replace the vehicle or refund the entire amount with an interest.
Alleging that there was manufacturing defects in Skoda Fabia Elegance car, the complainant firm sought Rs 40,000 compensation for visiting service stations for rectifying problems relating to wheels, door noise and head lights.
The company tried to wash off its hand from its liability, saying there was no manufacturing defect and blamed poor performance of the vehicle on the usage of impure fuel by the buyer, the forum said.
But the company's contention was disallowed by the court which labelled its arguments as an "excuse to conceal the defects" in the vehicle.
"According to the company and its dealer, the defects were only due to utilisation of impure fuel. "But, I think it is just the excuse to conceal the defects found in the vehicle because normally people take fuel from authorised petrol pumps...As such, the complainant was being physically and mentally harassed after purchase of the vehicle till June 4, 2009," it said.
The Forum, also comprising Members M Saxena and T Vijayan, noted that from 2008, the year when the car was purchased and till last year, the vehicle came to the dealer for repair nine times, which showed that it was not in normal condition.
"Because if anybody purchases a new vehicle and paid money for the same, he presumes that the vehicle will be in normal condition for at least two years. But in this case, the vehicle was not in normal condition as per the service history given by the parties," the Forum said.
It directed the parties to repair the vehicle completely without taking any charge and deliver the same to the complainant.
"If even after repair of the vehicle, the defects were not removed in the vehicle, the complainant may file a fresh case with proof of manufacturing defect for replacement of the vehicle or refund of the price money," the Forum said.
Old 5th August 2010, 09:17   #953
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Another horror story finally coming to end...
Hopefully... but, as we know from the long-running Tata epic in this forum, court orders are one thing, satisfactory performance is another.
Old 19th August 2010, 02:19   #954
ak_12001

I was about to buy volkswagon polo........... but now decided to go for Ford figo.

I will never buy any volkswagon or skoda product in future and will advice all of my relative and friends not to buy their product with the proof of this article.

AK

Old 19th August 2010, 07:28   #955
Distinguished - BHPian

Thumbs up for you ak_12001. This is what I have practised and I know of many decisions that were made against buying Skoda products because of such customer unfriendly attitude.
Consumers Unite - Tomorrow it could be you on the receiving end.
Old 19th August 2010, 08:00   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Thumbs up for you ak_12001. This is what I have practised and I know of many decisions that were made against buying Skoda products because of such customer unfriendly attitude.
Consumers Unite - Tomorrow it could be you on the receiving end.
100% agree with You, Sir. Had special liking for Fabia and RS (Sigh! was looking for a used one for about 4-5 months), But changed my mind after going through threads related to Skoda S.S. I Like these cars a lot, But the service experiences makes me stay away (miles away) from Sk*da cars .
Old 19th August 2010, 10:18   #957
Senior - BHPian

I dissuaded my friend from buying Fabia and pushed him for Beat. He is happy with the car, got delivery 2 weeks back.

Dealers were giving heavy discounts on BS3 Fabia.
Old 19th August 2010, 11:00   #958
BHPian

ANHC not a Skoda

Looking at this horror story. I decided myself not to even think about a Skoda Laura 2 months ago. Then between Civic, ANHC and Scorpio i decided to go for ANHC.

Now I have been in the look out for a SUV and Yeti is definitely out of picture. even though the dealer in Faridabad is okay. I'd still not buy a skoda as the company doesnt really care. I even advised my in laws not to buy a skoda superb as the after sales service will remove all the joy of buying that amazing car.

I will keep following this thread till they have an outcome in the court.
Old 22nd August 2010, 23:04   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
OMG! Don't tell me this is still going on.
Clear case of corporate harakiri
Old 23rd August 2010, 01:50   #960
BHPian

Almost everyone unanimously agrees that Skoda is horrible, but can someone please shed some light on their experiences with Volkswagen.
That 1.6L Polo looks highly tempting, would be a shame if VW turned out to be just like its sister Skoda.

Most Viewed