Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2012, 12:56   #1411
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Hi Harish!

I spoke to my father (who is a lawyer) and as per him due to the absence of the party time & again, your lawyer can send a notice via the Hon'ble Court (for his/her non-appearance) or may request for this Ex parte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 14:00   #1412
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Hi Harish!

and as per him due to the absence of the party time & again, your lawyer can send a notice via the Hon'ble Court (for his/her non-appearance)
Thanx buddy. But what does one do when the Judge is missing for a year ?
Old 18th August 2012, 14:20   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Thanx buddy. But what does one do when the Judge is missing for a year ?
The same thing. The court will direct the government to appoint a judge immediately and report the matter to high court.

Its simple you see. Justice delayed in justice denied.
Old 18th August 2012, 17:27   #1414
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But what does one do when the Judge is missing for a year ?
Perhaps nothing much. That is how judiciary functions... :-(
Old 19th August 2012, 19:43   #1415

Hi Harish. I have the utmost respect for you. Your determination to stand up for your rights is something that all skoda owners are benefitting from. I personally have had 4 years of absolutely incredible skoda ownership followed by one year of absolute hell. Fortunately I got rid of my car at the first sign of dishonesty from Skoda (the other instances were more a case of incompetence which did not cost me money). After my experiences I have made it a point to try and dissuade any potential buyer from choosing a skoda. It is only after first reading your thread over a year ago (I was not a TBHP member then) that I realized that this was more of a skoda policy than a one-off incident.
No matter how much they improve their service I cannot in good conscience even consider their vehicles until they take care of their numerous past mistakes. They need to realize that this thread is not only read by thousands of car crazed TBHPians but by all non-car crazed Indian who may ask a TBHP member their opinion on a particular car.
Wish you all the best in your efforts and a very very positive judgment as soon as possible.
autounion is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2012, 10:39   #1416
BHPian

Hi Harish, my 100% support to you in your fight!! I saw this thread only yesterday since I am not regular on t-bhp. I must say, you are an inspiration for lot of people.
an10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 14:22   #1417
gemi_kk

Thanks Harish.
I never logged into TBhp regularly, however i was a keen follower of most of the threads (Including yours).

Even i went into a similar situation with my 2 wheeler. In short, i went to the consumer court. Had to work hard. had to appear in court around 28 times in a duration of 9 months. And finally the judgement was in my favor.

Now the problem is that the dealer is not ready to give whats ordered in court. Even now i had to go to court.

I never supported you with my posts, i never replied to any of the posts. This would be one of my few posts in this thread.

Thanks, i have understood some of the points from your thread, which i have hadled in your way, like taking some internal emails, job cards, documents and sued in court. Without your thread, i wouldnt had taken such info.

I wish to call you a spartan rather than a Hero because, my bike was made by hero (Hero Honda) for which i fought for. Thanks Harsh.
  (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 16:22   #1418
BHPian

harish - hats off..i know its easy for people sitting on internet commenting on the thread to say that but still.....respect for the fight !..for me the impact is pretty straight forward - i will NEVER buy a skoda in India - period !
snan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 19:11   #1419
Senior - BHPian

For any customer care issues, I recommend this person Mr. Rahul Kulkarni, who I think is their Customer Care Head and sits in Pune. He is solving all customer-care and after-sales issues quite promptly. His details are -

Rahul Kulkarni | Customer Care
Skoda Auto India Pvt. Ltd.,
A 605, ICC Towers, S B Road,Pune, India.
HQ- A1/1, Five Star MIDC, Shendra, Aurangabad 431201, India
Tel:020-3093111 E-Mail: rahul.kulkarni@skoda-auto.co.in www.skoda-auto.co.in
customerCare@skoda-auto.co.in
dkaile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 20:22   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Update

President of the forum still missing ( it is one year since the previous President retired )
Skoda absent
Nummer Eins present
JMD present
Me present

Next date - 17th October

Since this issue drags on monotonously I guess I will make this my last boring update till there is something concrete to mention.

Cheers.
Harish, can't you use RTI query tool in this scenario for judiciary's accountability??
I am sorry if this is already answered in one of the earlier threads.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 27th September 2012 at 20:24.
Old 28th September 2012, 11:22   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Harish, can't you use RTI query tool in this scenario for judiciary's accountability??
I am sorry if this is already answered in one of the earlier threads.
Like they said in the movie ' Enemy of the State ' - Who will monitor the monitors ?
harishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 15:09   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
unfortunately thats how our system works and that is precisely the reason why people give up. but i have decided to see this through. i am just about concluding details on the class action suit against skoda. i am surprised at the overwhelming response from lots of people. thank u all
Harish,

Your fight with Skoda reminds me of the David and Goliath story harish.
Really, skoda made a big mistake when they decided to take on this David. You are one resolute person harish and i think that until now, this link alone would have costed Skoda at least a million dollars+ in profit.

When are the Skoda guys going to realize that ignoring consumer's genuine complaints, and on top of it, fighting with them after cheating them will not result in creating brand equity for them.

Such acts will reflect in sales when the competition really hots up in the Indian premium car market. Then all the marketing gimmicks by Skoda wont work help in reviving its brand value.

Once again, all the best to you Harish !!!
Turbo car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 15:23   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo car View Post
Harish,

I think that until now, this link alone would have costed Skoda at least a million dollars+ in profit.

Such acts will reflect in sales when the competition really hots up in the Indian premium car market. Then all the marketing gimmicks by Skoda wont work help in reviving its brand value.

Once again, all the best to you Harish !!!
I have said time and again - penny wise pound foolish.

However, the class action suit is on hold. I have different plans. Waiting for the conclusion of the consumer case at the first level ( the district level).

Thanks for your wishes buddy.
harishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 15:03   #1424
BHPian

I cannot add anything of value to this thread per se, but do want to show my support to you in your fight for justice against Skoda.

Your perseverance will pay in the end. Just hang in there and you're gonna see it through.
Old 7th November 2012, 22:45   #1425
BHPian

Posting this in FB along with the other Skoda thread. Whew! that was a narrow escape. The wife and I had almost settled on a Rapid a few months back. Good luck, Harish.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks