Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2012, 16:18   #1441

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Maybe you can organize a peaceful protest outside a court. I’m sure there are many people here who will be willing to join you. I'm not sure what exactly is allowed around our courts but someone here at TBHP will have some idea.
A half decent protest outside a court will get at least some media attention. Even if the protest does not do much to move the courts, the negative publicity will surely make Skoda at least consider a settlement.
Old 2nd December 2012, 18:43   #1442
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

This thread makes the readers feel so frustrated and helpless. I wonder how the original poster would be feeling. I hope that I don't have to buy a Volkswagen group vehicle ever. That includes,

Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, SEAT, Škoda, Volkswagen Ducati, MAN & Scania
Old 10th December 2012, 12:20   #1443
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if this will help, but Skoda was fined 20L for selling a defective car.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/17550073.cms
Old 10th December 2012, 13:52   #1444
BANNED

Traveler; If I know then right from this thread they will appeal and it may take a decade to fix them.

The best solution is to avoid VW products and advise all who ask against them.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 14:16   #1445
BHPian

Mind boggling number - 33 visits to fix defects, mostly manufacturing! It will be interesting to know how long did the state consumer commission take to give the verdict. Also, can Skoda approach higher courts and drag the case for many more years?

My next car will not be a European, it will most probably be a Honda again.
sa_kiran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 21:14   #1446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Traveler; If I know then right from this thread they will appeal and it may take a decade to fix them.

The best solution is to avoid VW products and advise all who ask against them.
Absolutely, I totally agree. The point of highlighting this was to let Harish know that there is hope and possibly he could dig deeper into this and see if it helps him.

Personally I am not a great fan of European cars and have my own set of horror stories of European cars told to me by my friends. It is best to stay away from these guys.
Old 11th December 2012, 00:02   #1447
BHPian

Every time this thread has a post, it sends a shiver down my spine. I earn a decent pay buy probably not enough to withstand an attitude from skoda that harish has had to put up with.

Having said that, I ve had a reasonably good service with one dealer in bangalore in comparison with another that totally messed up my cars doors.

So from personal experience all I have to say is that if your heart yearns for a skoda simply because nothing else in that price bracket quenches your thirst, be careful about the dealer that you approach. Consider all feedback from various other users about their experiences with the skoda dealer.

The europeans are definitely not as CSAT compliant as their japanese competitors. For sure. But then again, as a customer there are some basic ethics that one is entitled to. The europeans sure need a whole lesson on that.

With all this hue n cry, its easy for a manufacturer to lose market share. Skoda has already had to bear the brunt for it. With continuously changing management trying to resolve this issue, and their miserable failure most of the time, there sure is something wrong in the DNA of Skoda India.

Last edited by mempheS.D : 11th December 2012 at 00:03.
Old 11th December 2012, 00:32   #1448
Senior - BHPian

Hi Harish,

In a recent lecture that I attended, I heard about an agency called "German Watch" & how it functions to curb any sort of malpractices in the global operations of all German origin companies. I tried googling about it before posting here but couldn't find much relevant information in the short time I could spare.

But anyhow, still wanted to share if this could help in any way. What I would do is to try & write to this organization or give a link to this thread, but of course, one would need to first be able to successfully search them on the net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
As far as possible, I will not, even if they appeal. I have fought for 4 years and am down 20 lacs. I do not wish to spend valuable time and money fighting in the courts for the next 20 years. However, will work on other options.

Thanx for the wishes.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 01:04   #1449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hi Harish,

In a recent lecture that I attended, I heard about an agency called "German Watch" & how it functions to curb any sort of malpractices in the global operations of all German origin companies.
Is it this?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanwatch.

The link says its a Non Profit NGO whose website is this : http://germanwatch.org/en/home.
But most of the content of their site speaks about environmental issues. Are you sure this was the exact name of the organisation? This could be of great help to Mr. Harish if such an organisation exists to curb malpractices. I'll keep searching.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2012, 13:55   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autounion View Post
Maybe you can organize a peaceful protest outside a court. I’m sure there are many people here who will be willing to join you. I'm not sure what exactly is allowed around our courts but someone here at TBHP will have some idea.
A half decent protest outside a court will get at least some media attention. Even if the protest does not do much to move the courts, the negative publicity will surely make Skoda at least consider a settlement.
Too stale for the media now. Nothing new to report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I am not sure if this will help, but Skoda was fined 20L for selling a defective car.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/17550073.cms
Thanx. Saw the article.

Also there is this article in the Times of India, Mumbai today, 22nd Saturday 2012 - page no 6.

State rapped for vacant consumer forum posts.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/17714007.cms

Apparently there are 40 consumer fora in the state out of which 6 are working. There are 80 vacant posts. Some posts have been vacant since 2008. Hilarious excuses for the vacancy. Someone was in hospital, someone went abroad for training, someone was busy with a minister etc.

What a nightmare. . God help.
harishv is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 23:18   #1451
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apparently there are 40 consumer fora in the state out of which 6 are working. There are 80 vacant posts. Some posts have been vacant since 2008. Hilarious excuses for the vacancy. Someone was in hospital, someone went abroad for training, someone was busy with a minister etc.
Found this order passed by the Bombay High Court that day.

PIL3406411211212.pdf
Old 21st January 2013, 17:24   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
As far as possible, I will not, even if they appeal. I have fought for 4 years and am down 20 lacs. I do not wish to spend valuable time and money fighting in the courts for the next 20 years. However, will work on other options.

Thanx for the wishes.
Harishv,

I've just gone through the entire thread today and find it really heartening to see your spirits going low. But then I can understand the plight of having wasted valuable time and money.

I can't offer you anything more than moral support sitting so far, but would like to see you fighting. You can't just leave it
Old 27th January 2013, 12:13   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
You can't just leave it
I am not giving up. I am just changing methods. Thanks for the support.
harishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2013, 12:20   #1454
BHPian

Quote:

I am not giving up. I am just changing methods. Thanks for the support.
Carry on the good fight Sir. I have influenced four potential buyers who were considering skoda/vw to buy other brands. Boond boond samundar and all. If we all continue contributing our boonds, it will make a difference.
vroomsome is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2013, 20:19   #1455
Senior - BHPian

I am following this post for quite some time.

The state of affairs in India is quite pathetic when it comes to providing justice to "Aam Adami". Having said that it is amazing that you have decided to take the company and the dealership head on, which has though not given you the justice that you expected, but has done some bit of movement among other market players.

One of my friends, who is at a reasonably senior position in Hyundai is also aware of this case and was sharing a similar story of mischief of one of their dealers. Though it relates again to improper handling of the customer and the car by the authorized dealer, yet the moment matter was escalated to Hyundai; the company got into action and the issue was resolved in flat 15 days time. To start with by providing an alternate car to the customer till the issues was resolved - with indemnity against damage to the alternate car by customer.

I do not see any reason, why Skoda is hell bent on collecting such feathers in their cap, which is already filled up to the brim.

All the best to you and your fight; I am sure not even team BHP, but other manufactures will be watching developments !

Cheers

Last edited by i74js : 10th February 2013 at 20:21.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed