Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2009, 12:51   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post

Changing this system is a nightmare friend.
HARISH, sorry to see the ordeal you are going through. but, you have truly risen to the occasion and are putting up a great show. keep the spirit and we are all here to support you.

It's time we taught a lesson to all those people who take us for granted and dump anything and everything on us.

Ideally, as you have mentioned, i guess you need to change stands and look at a replacement car/compensation rather than getting your old car. god only knows, what all they could have done to your car by now.

Great Show
Old 27th March 2009, 13:15   #197

Hi, I'm the Marketing Communications Manager at Skoda India

Thanks to all the comments. Although we love good feedback, we think any feedback is worthwhile in helping us improve our cars and customer service.

We’re focusing hard on reading blogs and social networks to ensure we have good two-way communication with our customers. We try to cover as many posts as we can but if they aren’t responded to, you can rest assured they were read and taken into account.
Sadly on this post, I can’t make a comment, as Harishv knows, because this case is currently with our lawyers.

If anyone would like more information or has more feedback, feel free to contact our customer care executives at +91 240 2475999 or +91 240 6631256/64 or you can mail your queries and concerns regarding your Škoda car to skodadealersupport@misupport.net or post here.

Please leave your mobile number for speedy resolution of your concern.

Thanks, Meghna
Skoda Corporate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2009, 13:21   #198
BHPian

Ever since i started reading this thread i took out my last years Auto Car India collection & found the following shockers. In the past 1 year, there have been 4 featured complaints (3 against Skoda; 1 against Audi) in the "Ask Autocar Anything" sections. I have scanned them & would like to post them if Mods allow it, am not sure about copyright issues hence i have not posted it right now. If anybody wants a copy PM me. I fully sympathise with Harish & hope and pray that no one on team-bhp or friends touch Skoda ever unless they mend their ways.

Anil

Last edited by anilkalvani : 27th March 2009 at 13:29.
Old 27th March 2009, 13:33   #199
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRV View Post
I can never imagine that someone will be so through and take the fight to this level. Hats off to you
You know what? Let's focus on the "never imagined" part here. All of us are worked up - in fact, my blood boils whenever I see this thread - but let's THINK:

What has Harish done to be put through this ordeal? It's not like he has murdered someone or robbed a bank. For heavens sake, he bought a 10 lakh rupee car with his OWN HARD-EARNED MONEY. HE IS THE CUSTOMER. And a premium customer at that. Can you imagine going through this entire mess, and your ONLY fault is that you paid 10 lakhs to the WRONG COMPANY?! Is this the horrid, arrogant and absolute nonsensical attitude that Skoda has towards its customers? Who is doing WHO a favour by paying 10 lakh rupees?

AFAIK, Skoda lost the case in the consumer court. Instead of following the courts instructions, making up to Harish and apologising, they file an appeal! ON WHAT DAMN GROUNDS I ASK! The case, to me, is crystal clear. This gentleman was so obviously wronged due to no fault of his, and has to cope up with 4.0 lakh rupees of spurious parts. Parts fitted by Skodas official representatives! On what damn grounds is Skoda still fighting with Harish? I mean, I was taught in school that when you wrong someone, an apology and making up (to a reasonable extent) is the norm. That's ethics, that's humanity, that's being fair. I guess Skoda only read comic books for the 4 - 5 years that they *supposedly* researched the Indian market.

Harish : You have 40,000 BHPians supporting you. And we're ready to go tooth & nail against cheats. Justice will be served. AT ANY COST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post
Harish, Have you thought of using Facebook, etc...? I think you can do this & this should really hit them hard!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin_Ice View Post
3. Create a group on Facebook.
Sure, facebook could work. As would other websites such as mouthshut, indiacar, autocarindia, overdrive.in etc. etc. Also, blogs are incredibly SEO friendly. Link to the first page of this thread on a thousand Indian blogs and witness the magic.

Quote:
GTO – that was good thinking, you asking about Nummer Eins. Actually its my mistake. I should have posted that detail earlier. They were boldly advertising as Nummer Eins Roadworx, so I presumed our members here must have been aware. Anyways your experience helped.
Thanks. Roadworx is blacklisted in my books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Can this thread be atleast temporarily parked at the top? Logic - this way anyone who visits the forum sees it immediately and is "enlightened" about how Skoda India treats/cheats it's customers.
2nd position on our homepage. It was first, but the Tata Nano pushed it down to second spot. Still, thousands of eyeballs guaranteed.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2009, 13:51   #200
Senior - BHPian

@ Skoda Corporate- thanks for the initiative you have taken to drop down on the forum and look into the ordeal.
as you said above you cannot comment- thats obvious. how can one comment on such a tragedy? how do you feel keeping yourself in Mr.Harish place?
Buy a skoda worth 12 lacs and then roam around with your family in auto
well whatever the fight between skoda lawyers and harish ends up, we a strength of 40000 team-bhpians can surely drive away thousands of customers who are going to buy SKODA.
On my side i will make sure that no one whom i know anywhere in this world buys a Skoda. I have already turned 3 people. 2 were corporators.
Thank me they didnt buy and get into this problem, harish was decent to fight, they are not.
Old 27th March 2009, 13:51   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
AFAIK, Skoda lost the case in the consumer court. Instead of following the courts instructions, making up to Harish and apologising, they file an appeal!
GTO.

The district court ruling is an interimn ruling for release of the car. The case continues.
Old 27th March 2009, 14:05   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoda Corporate View Post

Thanks, Meghna
Hello Meghna,

Good of you to get into the battle ground, knowing very well what might be in store (after reading all these pages!). Please be prepared to have some frustrated souls venting out their frustration directly to you.

I hope your appearance here are signs of good things to follow from Skoda and the only way that we will know is if you are able to follow up with actions instead of just soothing words. All of us here are used to such adjectives, and also know what is the value they hold. So, please.
Old 27th March 2009, 14:13   #203
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP

Quote:

Thanks to all the comments. Although we love good feedback, we think any feedback is worthwhile in helping us improve our cars and customer service.

We’re focusing hard on reading blogs and social networks to ensure we have good two-way communication with our customers. We try to cover as many posts as we can but if they aren’t responded to, you can rest assured they were read and taken into account.
Sadly on this post, I can’t make a comment, as Harishv knows, because this case is currently with our lawyers.

If anyone would like more information or has more feedback, feel free to contact our customer care executives at +91 240 2475999 or +91 240 6631256/64 or you can mail your queries and concerns regarding your Škoda car to skodadealersupport@misupport.net or post here.

Thanks, Meghna
Welcome to TBHP @ Meghna & Skoda,

Here on TBHP you will receive both bouquets as well as brickbats, we tell it as it is and insist on calling a spade a spade.

I am sorry to say this but, your first post comes across as being pretty weak and pathetic. Most of us here have had our fill of boiler-plate communications and platitude filled 'corporate communications'.

We have people here screaming at the top of their voices that they have called, written to, every possible person in Skoda - all to no avail. I am glad that you are here so that you can now act as the interface between the customers and the concerned persons in Skoda and get them to get cracking.

The contact numbers and e-mail addresses are available easily enough, but thanks anyway for posting them here.

"Sub-judice" is no bar to discussing things (unless there is a order prohibiting you from doing so), discussion pending litigation is the only way cases get amicably resolved through a compromise. You, I and the whole world knows it. If you cannot comment on Harish's case, get your lawyers to do it.

You would do well to remember that customers are not out to cheat Skoda or their dealers (though there might be stray ones who try to pull a fast one once in a while, just as there are bad dealers, employees etc.). I as a customer, hate having 'rules', 'company policy' etc being touted at every step. I have a simple rule - faced with a beaureaucratic, hide bound, rule ridden, attitude - I take my business elsewhere!

As a customer of Skoda and, as a well wisher, I would suggest that it is high time that Skoda started becoming proactive instead of remaining reactive.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 27th March 2009 at 14:26.
Ravveendrra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2009, 14:22   #204
Senior - BHPian

I dont understand this ATTITUDE of SKODA . They are willing to loose hundreds of potential customers due to this episode and in turn loose sales and also being branded as cheats .... but they are not willing to give a new car which costs like 10 lakh(which is peanuts to them) to a frustrated customer . With this ATTITUDE , the only way they are going is DOWN . This is down right ugly and CHEAP , wake up .
Old 27th March 2009, 14:35   #205
BHPian

hey GTO, it would help harishv's case if you could send him a statistic on the number of viewers this thread is attracting. maybe at the end of one month period. he could send it to skoda.

Skoda is sure to loose a lot of customers due to this incident. Too stubborn. Leads to downfall
Old 27th March 2009, 14:36   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
I dont understand this ATTITUDE of SKODA . They are willing to loose hundreds of potential customers due to this episode and in turn loose sales and also being branded as cheats .... but they are not willing to give a new car which costs like 10 lakh(which is peanuts to them) to a frustrated customer . With this ATTITUDE , the only way they are going is DOWN . This is down right ugly and CHEAP , wake up .
At this point of time i don't think that Harish would even want a new Skoda to replace his. All he should get is full remuneration/refund for the car & legal fees with interest plus compensated for the mental agony & torture caused to him by Skoda.

And sorry Meghna, 'Sugary' statements & corporate 'soothing' replies can do any good. Prompt Concrete action is needed, not words. Times have changed, don't think that we will treated unfairly & stay put.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 27th March 2009 at 14:39.
Old 27th March 2009, 14:42   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks, Meghna
I did post this thread directly on Skoda's website as a query on March 26th. The same day I got a call from your regional office in Bangalore to address my apprehensions. While i commend the fact that you did take cognizance of a feedback the response was hardly helpful..the same can't talk about it.

The only way you can address the issue is to follow what the consumer court has ruled. Going for an appeal does not in any way show your sincerity to a customer who has been wronged. Rather than prolong this issue further and loose more customers you would be better off accepting the obvious and setting right the wrongs.

As I already told your executive yesterday, do you think I'd buy a Skoda if resorting to the law is the only way I'm gonna get good service and that too for a so called "luxury" model?

Drive on!!
Shibu
Old 27th March 2009, 14:54   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Kapil.

I am fighting with Skoda for the last one year now. You may be aware their dealer in mumbai, Nummer Eins had replaced spurious parts in my car to the tune of around 4 lakhs. They had even stolen the 3rd injector and the steering rack and substituted them with fakes. They did not spare the battery either......
Irrespective of wheather we are affected or unaffected, we will fight! This is a classic case of MNC's treating Indian customers like dung! More we get concious and informed of such things better it is! Let us know how we can proceed ahead...Any strategy in Mind as such ?

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th March 2009 at 15:07. Reason: Hi, please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers. Thanks.
Old 27th March 2009, 14:56   #209
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The district court ruling is an interimn ruling for release of the car. The case continues.
Holy cow, you mean Skoda doesn't want to return the car to you? Why not? Bet they want to park it as a momento in their plant with everyone passing by it and saying "Yet another Indian sucker down the tubes!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
hey GTO, it would help harishv's case if you could send him a statistic on the number of viewers this thread is attracting. maybe at the end of one month period. he could send it to skoda.

Skoda is sure to loose a lot of customers due to this incident. Too stubborn. Leads to downfall
As of now, it's been viewed 15,810 times. This data is available when you look at the thread listings under the "Indian Car Scene" forum section.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2009, 14:59   #210
Team-BHP Support

Hi Meghna,

It's good to have someone from skoda aboard and represent their views. Although it's good to know that skoda are closely following online forum's such as team-bhp and are trying to fix the issues we are hearing only talk and have not seen any action on any of this.

We are hearing more and more stories about poor after sales and very poor customer service.This is literally scaring away potential customers. Team-bhp has a member strength of 40,000+ and many more guests so you can imagine the reach which we are capable of. Rather than words we would like to see actions from Skoda that they are actually serious about customer service and after sales. Marketing/PR talk will really not win back too many customers.

Frankly speaking, I was close to getting the new superb but after going through this thread, I have reconsidered and going in for something more reliable with better after sales. Unless and until you can win back the confidence of customers with regard to after sales and reliability, skoda is going to continue to lose prospective customers affecting their sales big time.

Ther are various other threads which you can go through with similar poor experiences like the one below.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...rely-read.html

Regards,

Vidyut
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks