Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2009, 15:03   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
hey GTO, it would help harishv's case if you could send him a statistic on the number of viewers this thread is attracting. maybe at the end of one month period...
Already available on the forum:
Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court. *UPDATE* Case Settled!-untitled.jpg

15k+ as of now!
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2009, 15:10   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
On my side i will make sure that no one whom i know anywhere in this world buys a Skoda. ....
Same here. I will be pointing people to this thread for an eye opener.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoda Corporate View Post
Hi, I'm the Marketing Communications Manager at Skoda India

Thanks to all the comments. Although we love good feedback, we think any feedback is worthwhile in helping us improve our cars and customer service.

If anyone would like more information or has more feedback, feel free to contact our customer care executives at +91 240 2475999 or +91 240 6631256/64 or you can mail your queries and concerns regarding your Škoda car to skodadealersupport@misupport.net or post here.

Please leave your mobile number for speedy resolution of your concern.

Is that the best you could do As if we have heard this for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I am sorry to say this but, your first post comes across as being pretty weak and pathetic. Most of us here have had our fill of boiler-plate communications and platitude filled 'corporate communications'. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
... And sorry Meghna, 'Sugary' statements & corporate 'soothing' replies can do any good. Prompt Concrete action is needed, not words. Times have changed, don't think that we will treated unfairly & stay put.
+ 1 -- a million times.

Infact that post is an example of utter hopeless & false assurances that they can just talk about.

Do they think that people are blind and will not see through these sugar coated messages? Which world are they living in?

@harish: carry on mate. All the community is solidly behind you. I will also post this in several blogs as an example of the gross negligence & corporate cheating & unethical behaviour.
Old 27th March 2009, 15:12   #213

Hi all,
just to respond-

This matter is Sub-judice with the legal system here in India and it has been advised to let the legal authorities give judgement after viewing all of the facts on the case.
Till then, it is unfair to comment or form opinions on any person, a brand or a group of people as we have been advised to not comment.
We at Skoda are here to help service our customers at all times and will ensure that once the court decides on the case, we will be more than happy to share it with all of you.
Just to let you know- we are taking this feedback to heart and it is helping guide us so it really is appreciated.
The only thing I would like to add is that this is an exceptional case and we are focusing on a fair and balanced outcome for all parties.
Just as a reminder, our contact details (as given previously) are manned by a team of customer service representatives and I would heavily encourage you to get in touch directly on any other matters you may have with any Skoda products.
At this time, I hope you can appreciate that we are taking the advice given.
thanks again,

Meghna.
Old 27th March 2009, 15:14   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
I dont understand this ATTITUDE of SKODA . They are willing to loose hundreds of potential customers due to this episode and in turn loose sales and also being branded as cheats .... but they are not willing to give a new car which costs like 10 lakh(which is peanuts to them) to a frustrated customer . With this ATTITUDE , the only way they are going is DOWN . This is down right ugly and CHEAP , wake up .
i somehow disagree here. just giving a new car wont mend anything. and what more, if the company does it once, it will in a way accept that it was responsible for it. BAD publicity.

@harishv

anyways i wrote to a lot of people yesterday after reading the thread. posted the link, sent them some mails about what is going to happen to their brand if they dont get their act straight, and also to some auto-magazines. one of the magazines has responded immediately and asked you to write to them also.

I got a prompt reply from Mr. Karthik Ramesh, within a couple of hours of writing to him. I was surprised to say the least with the promptness to be honest.

This is the reply i received from him. though not very encouraging but he responded immediately. Looks like he wants the matter to be cleared too.

Dear Mr. Modi,

We have noted the contents of your mail.

We would like to state that the allegations of Mr. Kanchan are extremely defamatory in nature and showcase a biased approach that does not disclose various material facts pertaining to the case.

However you may please be informed that the matter is already subjudice before the Hon'ble State Commission, Mumbai for redressal. You may also note that there are also FIRs which were filed before Police authorities in Mumbai.

Skoda Auto has been and will always assure that every customer of ours is rendered with best services.

Should you require any further clarifications please feel free to contact us.

Thanks & Regards,

Karthik Ramesh | After Sales
SKODA AUTO India Pvt. Ltd. | 1st Cross, # 3 Lavelle Road | Bangalore - 560001 | India
Tel: +91 080 3093 1111 | Fax: +91 080 3093 1299
karthik.ramesh@skoda-auto.co.in | ?koda Auto - Homepage | ?koda Auto - Homepage

autocar india's response

do right to aaa@autocarindia.com. we can take up your matter effectively with car companies.

Autocar

and by right i assume they meant write. do it.

@meghna

Nice to see atleast someone from Skoda Auto here. This way you people might realise how many people are reading the thread, and what's happening to the brand "Skoda"

I sincerely hope that with atleast someone from skoda here, the matter gets solved amiably.
Old 27th March 2009, 15:16   #215
gaurav.28ch

My apologies to Meghna. Crocodile tears won't work anymore. Enough of this game.

Old 27th March 2009, 15:16   #216
BHPian

Hi Meghna. I must appretiate the very bold step you've taken to Join the forum. I'm sure you've been given the info about This forum through your Delhi dealership.

But I must say that its a pity that we as customers are to go through such injustive with our cars only because we bought Skodas.

My car was lying with COnti for a year and yet your company didn't do anything. Finally we had to compramise on a few things and settle for the car after repeatedly chasing it with the dealership and shelling out over 2 and a hlf lac rupess in damages that were caused due to the negligence of the Dealership.

So if you can boldy say that you're here to change things, return my money. And don't give out the numbers of the customer care. They have only automated replies and no sense of ownership. I urge you to give out your personal number and take the pains to come and see the kind of state your dealerships are in and the way customer cars are abused alongwith the assumption that your customer has a lot of money to waste and ample time to waste chasing the work on the car.

Step in our shoes. Harish, who is still fighting for it, and me personally have had to live without the car for a year and return it every second day because of engine/car malfunction. EVen after getting the work donoe, no one had the answer as to why the problem occured. Its an utter disgrace and shame to be an owner of a Skoda Octavia.

Quote:
Hi, I'm the Marketing Communications Manager at Skoda India

Thanks to all the comments. Although we love good feedback, we think any feedback is worthwhile in helping us improve our cars and customer service.

We’re focusing hard on reading blogs and social networks to ensure we have good two-way communication with our customers. We try to cover as many posts as we can but if they aren’t responded to, you can rest assured they were read and taken into account.
Sadly on this post, I can’t make a comment, as Harishv knows, because this case is currently with our lawyers.

If anyone would like more information or has more feedback, feel free to contact our customer care executives at +91 240 2475999 or +91 240 6631256/64 or you can mail your queries and concerns regarding your Škoda car to skodadealersupport@misupport.net or post here.

Please leave your mobile number for speedy resolution of your concern.

Thanks, Meghna
kapiljolly79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2009, 15:23   #217
BHPian

Thanks Skoda....

Your corporate communication through Ms.Meghna was like a honey glazed Turkey...badly roasted! Nevertheless, let me remind you that due to such arrogant and customer unfriendly policies that your company so prudently follows, you guys will be forced to shut shop and get out of India.

Remember, you guys are just a mediocore brand in Europe but customers in India gave you a novelty ststus here...Therefore, change your policies and as a gesture return a brand new car to Harish! Otherwise, we the cosumers will take it forward at the appropriate forum irrespective of the fact wheather we are directly or indirectly affected.

Also please stop hiding behind the PALLU of the subjudice dragon!
Old 27th March 2009, 15:33   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,
just to respond-

This matter is Sub-judice with the legal system here in India and it has been advised to let the legal authorities give judgement after viewing all of the facts on the case.
Till then, it is unfair to comment or form opinions on any person, a brand or a group of people as we have been advised to not comment.
We at Skoda are here to help service our customers at all times and will ensure that once the court decides on the case, we will be more than happy to share it with all of you.
Just to let you know- we are taking this feedback to heart and it is helping guide us so it really is appreciated.
The only thing I would like to add is that this is an exceptional case and we are focusing on a fair and balanced outcome for all parties.
Just as a reminder, our contact details (as given previously) are manned by a team of customer service representatives and I would heavily encourage you to get in touch directly on any other matters you may have with any Skoda products.
At this time, I hope you can appreciate that we are taking the advice given.
thanks again,

Meghna.
Pathetic! Go hide in a corner somewhere, the ball is rolling now.
Old 27th March 2009, 15:37   #219
Senior - BHPian

@samyakmodi , I ment alteast they could do this ASAP(a new car , SUPERB may be ) . Compensation is later ...lol .

SKODA = Sick Kompany Of Disgusting Attitude .

Last edited by black12rr : 27th March 2009 at 15:40.
black12rr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2009, 15:41   #220
BHPian

Whoa whoa whoa guys. thanks for the support guys but lets take it easy.

Meghna has taken a bold and a very positive step forward. Please give her a break. It is her first visit today.

Welcome Meghna. Sincerely.

Team BHPians. She has decided to address problems. Why dont we give her a chance. Let Skoda come out with their side of the story. Let us not appear biased.

Meghna, I had a very positive discussion with Ashutosh till God knows what prompted him to put in that statement. I am all for carrying on from there.

Being given to understand that you are under the impression that I am being instigated by vested interests. I dont have to clarify but I still will, if that is the case, you at Skoda are misinformed.

Also let me tell you I loved the car. It saved my life.
Old 27th March 2009, 15:44   #221
BHPian

i would like to look at Skoda sales numbers for next month and compare it with Jan 2009

But seriously, whats the harm in admitting a fault. Dont Honda / Toyota or any manufacturer recall cars publicly if there is a manufacturing defect and say sorry publicly? Hell it happened to a Civic I know of in Mumbai. They replaced the defective part and said SORRY and gave some freebies. Case Closed! No consumer would ever mind that.
Old 27th March 2009, 15:49   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
@samyakmodi , I ment alteast they could do this ASAP(a new car , SUPERB may be ) . Compensation is later ...lol .

SKODA = Sick Kompany Of Disgusting Attitude .
Dude if they give him a Superb, then they'll rip parts worth 10 lacs. I think he's better off with:
1. Full Compensation of the cost of car, registration, insurance with interest
2. Legal Fees + Interest
3. Compensation for Mental Agony, Torture, wasted trips, etc.
4. Compensation for loss of time (in the 'wasted' amount of time he spent after his car he could have made loads of money in his field)

You buy a car for peace of mind, not for stress.

I think they should change their tagline as follows:

Skoda Auto - Obsessed with Quality.... Kidding! Gotcha!! Phew!!!

Last edited by anilkalvani : 27th March 2009 at 15:51.
anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2009, 15:50   #223
BHPian

and I have not even started on my friends recent Skoda paid service experience. Dont wanna post without his permission.

All i can say is that what happened was DANGEROUS
Old 27th March 2009, 15:58   #224
BANNED

This thread has also been highlighted on the ACI forum by your truly. Have had many harsh comments there. the thread there is Petrol head's consider this.....
Old 27th March 2009, 15:59   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Whoa whoa whoa guys. thanks for the support guys but lets take it easy.

Meghna has taken a bold and a very positive step forward. Please give her a break. It is her first visit today.

Welcome Meghna. Sincerely.

Team BHPians. She has decided to address problems. Why dont we give her a chance. Let Skoda come out with their side of the story. Let us not appear biased...
+1 to that. Wonderfully said, Harish.

We all heard Harish's side of the story. Now let us hear the other side also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks