Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2009, 13:19   #346
BHPian

After driving a VW Golf and Polo here and reading that the Polo in sedan form is going to be manufactured in India, the Polo was on my list of cars to consider owning when I get back. After reading this thread, I am not sure if any VW product is going to be on the list!
Old 29th March 2009, 14:21   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Only a random thought before hitting the sack:

Would Skoda have the nerve to behave like this in a market such as the United States? Would they have gotten away with such horrendous standards of service? Would they be able to sustain themselves after so many unhappy customers? Would they have the guts to walk into a public forum and attack the freedom of speech of Americans, something that they hold so close to heart?

I'd say it would have ended up as the most discussed story on American talk shows (another that they hold so close to heart )!
Incidentally, I drove over 2500 miles and covered 5 states during my one month tenure in the east coast and never honestly saw one Skoda? I saw brands like oldsmobile, suzuki, nissan and many other Japanese cars around but not one Skoda.

Is it an already known fact which was apparently not clear to consumers in India??

Now I know the reason for Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear) to utterly despise Skoda. My cubical mate was wooing his sister on getting a Laura up until he read this thread. Now that idea is clear off his mind.
Old 29th March 2009, 15:17   #348
Senior - BHPian

Harish. My well wishes are with you in this fight. You are actually fighting for a whole lot of Skoda customers.

I for one, will NEVER think of buying a Skoda car as long as they do not change and there are more experiences of appreciation posted about them on forums like these than horror stories. That is the least I can do to support you in your fight.

Biju
Old 29th March 2009, 15:39   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoda Corporate View Post
I have been advised to inform you that the hosting or publishing of such information (which , does not represent all of the facts) would instigate both Team-BHP as well as the various users in the ongoing court case.
What a shameful way for a corporate to counteract!!!
After contemplating how things are faring up - Though were my favourite just before - I shall never think about buying any product or advise some one - just to keep safe distance from getting into such situations!!
There no good-will pending anymore!! Just threats!!
Old 29th March 2009, 15:45   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Would Skoda have the nerve to behave like this in a market such as the United States? Would they have gotten away with such horrendous standards of service? Would they be able to sustain themselves after so many unhappy customers? Would they have the guts to walk into a public forum and attack the freedom of speech of Americans, something that they hold so close to heart?
Skoda couldn't sell their cars in the United States to begin with. Not with the outdated engine technology and ridiculous pricing. To say nothing of their (third) world-class after sales service and outrageous pricing for spares.

Skoda has had a dream run in India selling its budget cars at a huge premium. This representation of facts and real-world experiences will hopefully turn the tide in India.

SKODA JOKES
Found on the Web:

Q. Why do Skodas have heated rear windows?
A. To keep your hands warm when you push them

Q. What do you call a Skoda with two exhaust pipes?
A. A wheelbarrow

Q. What do you call an open-top Skoda?
A. A skip
Old 29th March 2009, 15:59   #351
BHPian

Another Skoda Rip-off. Came across this
SKODA AUTO INDIA / NUMMER EINS MOTORS Complaints - USELESS COMPANY !! USELESS CAR !! GO BACK SKODA !!

**EDIT**
sorry... here's a LOAD more

Indian Consumer Complaints Forum | skoda

Last edited by anilkalvani : 29th March 2009 at 16:02.
Old 29th March 2009, 16:43   #352
BHPian

I posted this message in another thread but anyway...my father planned to get a Laura for his perosnal use. Now I have been reading this thread for quite a while and feel bad at the way the customer is treated. But after hearing this legal threat from them, I just decided to call my father and convinced him not to get the Laura, settle for the Accord or a CRV instead. I mean, if this is the way they are going to treat us, why bother.
It's sad, since the Laura is a nice car and I was really happy to get it but this kind of treatment speaks volumes of Skoda and their attitude.
Got another friend who planned to get the new Superb, he changed his mind after I made him read this thread and seeing this havoc created by Skoda's representative. He decided to go for the Accord V6 or something but nothing from Skoda (or VW for that matter)...cheers!!!
Old 29th March 2009, 17:20   #353

Hello all,
for us at Skoda Auto, customer service is of prime importance.
A system is being put in place to address customer service issues online.
Our customer service department will scrutinize each issue and work proactively to resolve them on merit.

That is our commitment to you.
Many thanks,
Skoda.

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th March 2009 at 18:11. Reason: Made bold for better visibility.
Old 29th March 2009, 18:28   #354
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello all,
Our customer service department will scrutinize each issue and work proactively to resolve them on merit.

Many thanks,
Skoda.
Dear Skoda Corporate,

We (ok atleast I am) are willing to believe that Skoda is taking this very seriously. Atleast we would like to think so. What we need is assurance of the same. As i see it Skoda (along with it's dealers) needs to take short term and long term remedial steps.

In the short term they need to establish immediate proactive contact with those owners who like Harish (including Harish) feel they have recieved shoddy service, orver charged for spares, and who feel cheated. Resolve these issues on a priority basis. New of this will spread with equal velocity as news of bad or shoddy service. Just ask Toyota, Hyundai, etc...

In the long term Skoda needs to establish a more inclusive CRM process better QC processes and better training mechanisims for it's dealers's sales and service folk.

Skoda, I am sure you are also reading the thread linked below. Many members (and myself) have listed a few of the areas where we believe Skoda should concentrate to fix.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-users-22.html

I have personally met Mr. Liyakat Chajju of Autobahn. If you do not believe that we at TBHP are interested in a proactive constructive dialogue ask Liyakat. During my meeting with him I never once expressed any anger or disappointment. I dont even care if the Skoda sales rep smiles at me, as a buyer I first want a reliable car , fun to drive, and reasonably economical to maintain both in my time as well as in my pocketbook.
Old 29th March 2009, 18:36   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks,
Skoda.
Thank you, Skoda.

Hopefully Harish's issues will be resolved to his satisfaction, too.
Old 29th March 2009, 19:01   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post

There are over 10 pages of complaints there! There are more links that have been put up since. If we make a concerted effort to get in touch with them - we will have more than enough numbers for a path breaking class action suit in India!

Sorry - like I have posted in the other thread, I have no faith in the post by Skoda Corporate. (..I can smell it from a mile away!)

The post is cryptic and devoid of any reference to even an acknowledgement of their present reality. There is neither a plan , nor any time lines. Sans this everything else is a typical 'no skin of my back' automated response - and in election period these things abound! (Pick from a list #22 - we will work towards eradication of poverty, # 32 - Proactive support functions are being put in place and activated as we speak, #43 - We have called for a conclave to evolve methods to eradicate unemployment)

Last edited by kb100 : 29th March 2009 at 19:05.
kb100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2009, 19:37   #357
BHPian

Quote:

Were they not addressing all the problems before you made the post?

The problem is not contacting them, we can, we don't need online versions of service, what we need is the damn service which is horrible at the moment.

Look Meghna, we like your cars, we want to buy them, but we won't unless customer service is made better x100

So the problem is the freakin joke of a customer service, not the way of actually being able to get in contact.
So your online versions of getting in contact are no good if your service stations and workshops are bloody crooks who are arrogant and have a bad attitude.

Need to work on that first!
Old 29th March 2009, 19:47   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,
Many thanks,
Skoda.
As the old saying goes - Action speaks louder that words. So, please start the action first! I am sure happy customers are your only hope, of which, you do not have many.
Old 29th March 2009, 20:21   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

Many thanks,
Skoda.

Doesn't it mean that as of now, there is no online system to address customer service issues?
Old 29th March 2009, 21:05   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

Many thanks,
Skoda.

i think you should employ your QA person in each and every Skoda Service centre. all work done should be scrutinized by him and then only vehicles should be delivered to the customer. The online service system will work only with some of the customers. there are many customers from remote areas who wont even speak english but have lots of money. your service centre people easily rip them off.
we will closely keep an eye over how skoda makes a change. the change has to be drastic and quick. skodas are premium segment cars. Why do the spares fail when the cost of the spares are so high? high cost implies high quality with is lacking.
You need to change the company policies. instead of making the customer wait for months to get the approval from your head offices you should first see that the parts are replaced and the car is delivered to the customer. the rest procedure should follow at the back ground.
Learn the Above from Maruti service centres, without debate they change the part and the car is delivered without any formalities. No wonder they are JD power1.
train your Service station people for ETHICS and MANNERS, ofcourse after you people learn them.

Mainly the whole lot here would like to know what steps have you taken with restect to HARISH's case? its more than one year and we all wish that he should be given a Showroom condition mint car. Secondly Nummer Eins should be severely punished. How do you still run a service station that brought the whole SKODA to shame? this is height of tolerance level.

before its too late you people get into the right lane and correct you misdeeds. We all will be happy to support you in future if CHANGE is what you GET.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks